Stein Ove Erikstad
Background and activities
Stein Ove Erikstad (1965) is a professor in marine technology at the Faculty of Engineering Science and Technology (IVT).
- Ship and Transport System Design
- Decision Support System for Ship Design
- Sustainable Ship Design
- TMR4115 Design Methods
- TMR4105 Marine Technology 1 - Marine Design Fundamentals
- MR8100 Theory for Design (PhD)
- TMR21 Sustainable Ship Design and Operation (3.75 module)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Influence of ship design complexity on ship design competitiveness. Journal of Ship Production and Design. vol. 37 (3).
- (2020) Evaluating port development strategies for a modal shift: a Norwegian case study. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 12433.
- (2020) Evaluating the potential for modal shift in last-mile cargo distribution through stochastic programming. Maritime Transport Research. vol. 1.
- (2020) Latent capabilities in support of maritime emergency response. Maritime Policy & Management. vol. 47 (4).
- (2019) Overspecified vessel design solutions in multi-stakeholder design problems. Research in Engineering Design. vol. 30 (4).
- (2018) Operation platform design for modular adaptable ships: Towards the configure-to-order strategy. Ocean Engineering. vol. 163.
- (2018) A hybrid method for a module configuration problem in modular adaptable ship design. Ships and Offshore Structures. vol. 13 (4).
- (2018) Exploiting latent functional capabilities for resilience in design of engineering systems. Research in Engineering Design. vol. 29 (4).
- (2018) Ill-Structured Commercial Ship Design Problems: The Responsive System Comparison Method on an Offshore Vessel Case. Journal of Ship Production and Design. vol. 34 (1).
- (2018) Versatility vs. retrofittability tradeoff in design of non-transport vessels. Ocean Engineering. vol. 167.
- (2018) Investigating tradeoffs between performance, cost and flexibility for reconfigurable offshore ships. Ocean Engineering. vol. 147.
- (2018) Quantification of changeability level for engineering systems. Systems Engineering. vol. 22 (1).
- (2017) The Influence of model fidelity and uncertainties in the conceptual design of Arctic maritime transport systems. Ship Technology Research. vol. 64 (1).
- (2017) A module configuration and valuation model for operational flexibility in ship design using contract scenarios. Ships and Offshore Structures. vol. 12 (8).
- (2017) A two-stage optimization approach for sulphur emission regulation compliance. Maritime Policy & Management. vol. 44 (1).
- (2017) Assessing flexible offshore construction vessel designs combining real options and epoch-era analysis. Ship Technology Research. vol. 64 (2).
- (2016) A simulation-based probabilistic design method for arctic sea transport systems. Journal of Marine Science and Application. vol. 15 (4).
- (2016) Assessment of the applicability of goal- and risk-based design on Arctic sea transport systems. Ocean Engineering. vol. 128.
- (2016) On designing a ship for complex value robustness. Ship Technology Research. vol. 63 (1).
- (2016) Emission allocation issues in repositioning transportation. International Journal of Sustainable Transportation. vol. 10 (4).