Background and activities
M.Sc., Industrial mathematics, NTNU, 1983
Ph.D., statistics, NTNU, 1988
Lydersen, S. (2020). Should we adjust for background variables in a randomised controlled trial? Tidsskr Nor Legeforen, 140(5).
Lydersen, S. (2020). Samsvar mellom observatører – eller interobservatørsamsvar? Tidsskr Nor Legeforen, 140(5).
Lydersen, S. 2017. Hva er sannsynligheten for riktig resultat av en diagnostisk test? Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening, 137, (18) 1437
Prestmo, A., Hagen, G., Sletvold, O., Helbostad, J.L., Thingstad, P., Taraldsen, K., Lydersen, S., Halsteinli, V., Saltnes, T., Lamb, S.E., Johnsen, L.G., & Saltvedt, I. 2015. Comprehensive geriatric care for patients with hip fractures: a prospective, randomised, controlled trial. Lancet, 385, (9978) 1623-1633
Lydersen, S. 2015. Statistical review: frequently given comments. Ann.Rheum.Dis., 74, (2) 323-325
Fagerland, M. W., Lydersen, S., & Laake, P. 2015. Recommended confidence intervals for two independent binomial proportions. Statistical Methods in Medical research, 42, (2) 224-254
Strand, K.M., Heimstad, R., Iversen, A.C., Austgulen, R., Lydersen, S., Andersen, G.L., Irgens, L.M., & Vik, T. 2013. Mediators of the association between pre-eclampsia and cerebral palsy: population based cohort study. BMJ, 347, f4089
Lydersen, S., Langaas, M., & Bakke, Ø. 2012, "The Exact Unconditional z-pooled Test for Equality of Two Binomial Probabilities: Optimal Choice of the Berger and Boos Confidence Coefficient", Journal of Statistical Computation and simulation, vol. 82, no. 9, pp. 1311-1316.
Lydersen, S., Fagerland, M. W., & Laake, P. 2009, "Tutorial in biostatistics: Recommended tests for association in 2x2 tables", Statistics in Medicine.
Lydersen, S. 2007, "The human sex ratio in New York did not change after 11 September 2001". Human Reproduction.
Lydersen, S., Pradhan, V., Senchaudhuri, P., & Laake, P. 2007 "Choice of test for association in small sample unordered rxc tables". Statistics in Medicine.
Lydersen, S., Pradhan, V., Laake, P., & Senchaudhuri, P. 2005, "Power Comparison of Exact Tests for Association in Unordered rxc Contingency Tables Using standard, Mid p, and Randomized Test Versions.", Journal of Statistical Computation and simulation, vol. 75 (6), pp. 447-458.
Lydersen, S. & Laake, P. 2003, "Power comparison of two-sided exact tests for association in 2 x 2 contingency tables using standard, mid p and randomized test versions", Stat.Med., vol. 22, no. 24, pp. 3859-3871.
Lydersen, S. 1992, "Clayton's Model for Dependent Components in Systems Reliability", Reliability Engineering and Systems Safety, vol. 36, pp. 53-58.
Lydersen, S. & Rausand, M. 1987, "A systematic Approach to Accelerated Life Testing.", Reliability Engineering, vol. 18, no. 4.
Lydersen, S., Hansen, G. K, Sandtorv, H. (editors) 1998: "Safety and Reliability". Proceedings of the European Conference on Safety and Reliability - ESREL'98, Trondheim 16 - 19 June 1998. Balkema Publishers, Rotterdam.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Use of peripheral venous catheters in two Norwegian hospitals. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening.
- (2020) A 12-month follow-up of a transdiagnostic indicated prevention of internalizing symptoms in school-aged children: The results from the EMOTION study. Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Mental Health (CAPMH).
- (2020) Prelabor rupture of membranes and the association with cerebral palsy in term born children: A national registry-based cohort study. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth. vol. 20.
- (2020) Cognitive-behavioural group therapy for adolescents with ADHD: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. BMJ Open.
- (2020) Cognitive-behavioural group therapy for adolescents with ADHD: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. BMJ Open. vol. 10 (e032839).
- (2019) HER3 and HER4 are highly expressed in human meningiomas. Pathology, Research and Practice. vol. 215 (10).
- (2019) A MULTIMODAL INDIVIDUALIZED INTERVENTION TO PREVENT FUNCTIONAL DECLINE AFTER STROKE. A RANDOMISED CONTROLLED TRIAL ON LONG-TERM FOLLOW-UP AFTER STROKE (THE LAST-LONG TRIAL). European Stroke Journal. vol. 4 (1).
- (2019) Differences in anxiety levels among symptoms of insomnia. The HUNT study. Sleep Health. vol. 5 (4).
- (2019) Genetic polymorphisms associated with sleep-related phenotypes; relationships with individual nocturnal symptoms of insomnia in the HUNT study. BMC Medical Genetics. vol. 20.
- (2019) Variations in circadian genes and individual nocturnal symptoms of insomnia. The HUNT study. Chronobiology International. vol. 36 (5).
- (2019) Motor activity across delirium motor subtypes in geriatric patients assessed using body-worn sensors: a Norwegian cross-sectional study. BMJ Open. vol. 9:e026401 (2).
- (2019) Delirium motor subtypes and prognosis in hospitalized geriatric patients ? A prospective observational study. Journal of Psychosomatic Research. vol. 122.
- (2019) Are Nonnutritive Sweeteners Obesogenic? Associations between Diet, Faecal Microbiota, and Short-Chain Fatty Acids in Morbidly Obese Subjects. Journal of Obesity. vol. 2019.
- (2019) Associations Between Adherence to the Physical Activity and Exercise Program Applied in the LAST Study and Functional Recovery After Stroke. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- (2019) Adherence to a Long-Term Physical Activity and Exercise Program After Stroke Applied in a Randomized Controlled Trial. Physical Therapy. vol. 99 (1).
- (2019) Comorbidities in cerebral palsy: a patient registry study. Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology. vol. 62 (1).
- (2019) Cerebral palsy and comorbidities, a National Registry Study in Norway. Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology. vol. 61.
- (2019) Monitoring quality of care for peripheral intravenous catheters; feasibility and reliability of the peripheral intravenous catheters mini questionnaire (PIVC-miniQ). BMC Health Services Research. vol. 19 (636).
- (2019) Atypical event-related potentials revealed during the passive parts of a Go-NoGo task in autism spectrum disorder: a case-control study. Molecular Autism. vol. 10 (10).
- (2019) A physical activity intervention to prevent cognitive decline after stroke – Secondary results from the LAST (Life After Stroke) study. An 18-month randomised controlled trial. Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine. vol. 51 (9).