Background and activities
M.Sc., Industrial mathematics, NTNU, 1983
Ph.D., statistics, NTNU, 1988
Stensvold, D., Viken, H., Steinshamn, S. L., Dalen, H., Støylen, A., Loennechen, J. P., Reitlo, L. S., Zisko, N., Bækkerud, F. H., Tari, A. R., Sandbakk, S. B., Carlsen, T., Ingebrigtsen, J. E., Lydersen, S., Mattsson, E., Anderssen, S. A., Fiatarone Singh, M. A., Coombes, J. S., Skogvoll, E., Vatten, L. J., Helbostad, J. L., Rognmo, Ø., & Wisløff, U. (2020). Effect of exercise training for five years on all cause mortality in older adults-the Generation 100 study: randomised controlled trial. BMJ, 371, m3485.
Lydersen, S. (2020). Should we adjust for background variables in a randomised controlled trial? Tidsskr Nor Legeforen, 140(5).
Lydersen, S. (2020). Samsvar mellom observatører – eller interobservatørsamsvar? Tidsskr Nor Legeforen, 140(5).
Lydersen, S. 2017. Hva er sannsynligheten for riktig resultat av en diagnostisk test? Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening, 137, (18) 1437
Prestmo, A., Hagen, G., Sletvold, O., Helbostad, J.L., Thingstad, P., Taraldsen, K., Lydersen, S., Halsteinli, V., Saltnes, T., Lamb, S.E., Johnsen, L.G., & Saltvedt, I. 2015. Comprehensive geriatric care for patients with hip fractures: a prospective, randomised, controlled trial. Lancet, 385, (9978) 1623-1633
Lydersen, S. 2015. Statistical review: frequently given comments. Ann.Rheum.Dis., 74, (2) 323-325
Fagerland, M. W., Lydersen, S., & Laake, P. 2015. Recommended confidence intervals for two independent binomial proportions. Statistical Methods in Medical research, 42, (2) 224-254
Strand, K.M., Heimstad, R., Iversen, A.C., Austgulen, R., Lydersen, S., Andersen, G.L., Irgens, L.M., & Vik, T. 2013. Mediators of the association between pre-eclampsia and cerebral palsy: population based cohort study. BMJ, 347, f4089
Lydersen, S., Langaas, M., & Bakke, Ø. 2012, "The Exact Unconditional z-pooled Test for Equality of Two Binomial Probabilities: Optimal Choice of the Berger and Boos Confidence Coefficient", Journal of Statistical Computation and simulation, vol. 82, no. 9, pp. 1311-1316.
Lydersen, S., Fagerland, M. W., & Laake, P. 2009, "Tutorial in biostatistics: Recommended tests for association in 2x2 tables", Statistics in Medicine.
Lydersen, S. 2007, "The human sex ratio in New York did not change after 11 September 2001". Human Reproduction.
Lydersen, S., Pradhan, V., Senchaudhuri, P., & Laake, P. 2007 "Choice of test for association in small sample unordered rxc tables". Statistics in Medicine.
Lydersen, S., Pradhan, V., Laake, P., & Senchaudhuri, P. 2005, "Power Comparison of Exact Tests for Association in Unordered rxc Contingency Tables Using standard, Mid p, and Randomized Test Versions.", Journal of Statistical Computation and simulation, vol. 75 (6), pp. 447-458.
Lydersen, S. & Laake, P. 2003, "Power comparison of two-sided exact tests for association in 2 x 2 contingency tables using standard, mid p and randomized test versions", Stat.Med., vol. 22, no. 24, pp. 3859-3871.
Lydersen, S. 1992, "Clayton's Model for Dependent Components in Systems Reliability", Reliability Engineering and Systems Safety, vol. 36, pp. 53-58.
Lydersen, S. & Rausand, M. 1987, "A systematic Approach to Accelerated Life Testing.", Reliability Engineering, vol. 18, no. 4.
Lydersen, S., Hansen, G. K, Sandtorv, H. (editors) 1998: "Safety and Reliability". Proceedings of the European Conference on Safety and Reliability - ESREL'98, Trondheim 16 - 19 June 1998. Balkema Publishers, Rotterdam.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Inhibitory Control Moderates the Effect of Anxiety on Vagally Mediated Heart Rate Variability: Findings from a Community Sample of Young School-Aged Children. Cognitive Therapy and Research.
- (2021) Point prevalence and motor function of children and adolescents with cerebral palsy in Scandinavia and Scotland: a CP‐North study. Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology.
- (2021) Childcare Providers’ Nominations of Preschool Children at Risk for Mental Health Problems: Does it Discriminate Well Compared to the Caregiver-Teacher Report Form (C-TRF)?. Scandinavian Journal of Educational Research.
- (2020) Post-stroke Cognitive Impairment—Impact of Follow-Up Time and Stroke Subtype on Severity and Cognitive Profile: The Nor-COAST Study. Frontiers in Neurology. vol. 11.
- (2020) Changes in serum zonulin in individuals with morbid obesity after weight-loss interventions: a prospective cohort study. BMC Endocrine Disorders. vol. 20 (108).
- (2020) Does caesarean delivery in the first pregnancy increase the risk for adverse outcome in the second? A registry-based cohort study on first and second singleton births in Norway. BMJ Open. vol. 10 (8).
- (2020) Effects of High-Intensity Interval Training After Stroke (the HIIT-Stroke Study): A Multicenter Randomized Controlled Trial. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. vol. 101 (6).
- (2020) Vascular risk factor control and adherence to secondary preventive medication after ischaemic stroke. Journal of Internal Medicine.
- (2020) Psychiatric morbidity, somatic comorbidity and substance use in an adolescent psychiatric population at 3-year follow-up. European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- (2020) Psychometric properties of the Weiss Functional Impairment Rating Scale parent and self-reports in a Norwegian clinical sample of adolescents treated for ADHD. Nordic Journal of Psychiatry.
- (2020) Psychometric properties of the Weiss Functional Impairment Rating Scale parent and self-reports in a Norwegian clinical sample of adolescents treated for ADHD. Nordic Journal of Psychiatry. vol. 75 (1).
- (2020) Developmental Course and Risk Factors of Physical Aggression in Late Adolescence. Child Psychiatry and Human Development.
- (2020) Use of peripheral venous catheters in two Norwegian hospitals. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening.
- (2020) Long-term trends in colorectal cancer: incidence, localization, and presentation. BMC Cancer.
- (2020) Circulating and Adipose Tissue miRNAs in Women With Polycystic Ovary Syndrome and Responses to High-Intensity Interval Training. Frontiers in Physiology. vol. 11.
- (2020) A 12-month follow-up of a transdiagnostic indicated prevention of internalizing symptoms in school-aged children: The results from the EMOTION study. Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Mental Health (CAPMH). vol. 14.
- (2020) Impact of different methods defining post-stroke neurocognitive disorder: The Nor-COAST study. Alzheimer's and Dementia: Translational Research and Clinical Interventions. vol. 6:e12000 (1).
- (2020) Incidence of invasive Group B Streptococcal infection and the risk of infant death and cerebral palsy: a Norwegian Cohort Study. Pediatric Research.
- (2020) Prelabor rupture of membranes and the association with cerebral palsy in term born children: A national registry-based cohort study. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth. vol. 20.
- (2020) Strength training restores force‐generating capacity in patients with schizophrenia. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports. vol. 0 (0).