Background and activities
M.Sc., Industrial mathematics, NTNU, 1983
Ph.D., statistics, NTNU, 1988
Stensvold, D., Viken, H., Steinshamn, S. L., Dalen, H., Støylen, A., Loennechen, J. P., Reitlo, L. S., Zisko, N., Bækkerud, F. H., Tari, A. R., Sandbakk, S. B., Carlsen, T., Ingebrigtsen, J. E., Lydersen, S., Mattsson, E., Anderssen, S. A., Fiatarone Singh, M. A., Coombes, J. S., Skogvoll, E., Vatten, L. J., Helbostad, J. L., Rognmo, Ø., & Wisløff, U. (2020). Effect of exercise training for five years on all cause mortality in older adults-the Generation 100 study: randomised controlled trial. BMJ, 371, m3485.
Lydersen, S. (2020). Should we adjust for background variables in a randomised controlled trial? Tidsskr Nor Legeforen, 140(5).
Lydersen, S. (2020). Samsvar mellom observatører – eller interobservatørsamsvar? Tidsskr Nor Legeforen, 140(5).
Lydersen, S. 2017. Hva er sannsynligheten for riktig resultat av en diagnostisk test? Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening, 137, (18) 1437
Prestmo, A., Hagen, G., Sletvold, O., Helbostad, J.L., Thingstad, P., Taraldsen, K., Lydersen, S., Halsteinli, V., Saltnes, T., Lamb, S.E., Johnsen, L.G., & Saltvedt, I. 2015. Comprehensive geriatric care for patients with hip fractures: a prospective, randomised, controlled trial. Lancet, 385, (9978) 1623-1633
Lydersen, S. 2015. Statistical review: frequently given comments. Ann.Rheum.Dis., 74, (2) 323-325
Fagerland, M. W., Lydersen, S., & Laake, P. 2015. Recommended confidence intervals for two independent binomial proportions. Statistical Methods in Medical research, 42, (2) 224-254
Strand, K.M., Heimstad, R., Iversen, A.C., Austgulen, R., Lydersen, S., Andersen, G.L., Irgens, L.M., & Vik, T. 2013. Mediators of the association between pre-eclampsia and cerebral palsy: population based cohort study. BMJ, 347, f4089
Lydersen, S., Langaas, M., & Bakke, Ø. 2012, "The Exact Unconditional z-pooled Test for Equality of Two Binomial Probabilities: Optimal Choice of the Berger and Boos Confidence Coefficient", Journal of Statistical Computation and simulation, vol. 82, no. 9, pp. 1311-1316.
Lydersen, S., Fagerland, M. W., & Laake, P. 2009, "Tutorial in biostatistics: Recommended tests for association in 2x2 tables", Statistics in Medicine.
Lydersen, S. 2007, "The human sex ratio in New York did not change after 11 September 2001". Human Reproduction.
Lydersen, S., Pradhan, V., Senchaudhuri, P., & Laake, P. 2007 "Choice of test for association in small sample unordered rxc tables". Statistics in Medicine.
Lydersen, S., Pradhan, V., Laake, P., & Senchaudhuri, P. 2005, "Power Comparison of Exact Tests for Association in Unordered rxc Contingency Tables Using standard, Mid p, and Randomized Test Versions.", Journal of Statistical Computation and simulation, vol. 75 (6), pp. 447-458.
Lydersen, S. & Laake, P. 2003, "Power comparison of two-sided exact tests for association in 2 x 2 contingency tables using standard, mid p and randomized test versions", Stat.Med., vol. 22, no. 24, pp. 3859-3871.
Lydersen, S. 1992, "Clayton's Model for Dependent Components in Systems Reliability", Reliability Engineering and Systems Safety, vol. 36, pp. 53-58.
Lydersen, S. & Rausand, M. 1987, "A systematic Approach to Accelerated Life Testing.", Reliability Engineering, vol. 18, no. 4.
Lydersen, S., Hansen, G. K, Sandtorv, H. (editors) 1998: "Safety and Reliability". Proceedings of the European Conference on Safety and Reliability - ESREL'98, Trondheim 16 - 19 June 1998. Balkema Publishers, Rotterdam.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Inhibitory Control Moderates the Effect of Anxiety on Vagally Mediated Heart Rate Variability: Findings from a Community Sample of Young School-Aged Children. Cognitive Therapy and Research.
- (2021) Associations between post-stroke motor and cognitive function: a cross-sectional study. BMC Geriatrics. vol. 21 (1).
- (2021) Point prevalence and motor function of children and adolescents with cerebral palsy in Scandinavia and Scotland: a CP‐North study. Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology.
- (2021) Assessment of mirror movements in children and adolescents with unilateral cerebral palsy: reliability of the Woods and Teuber scale. Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology.
- (2021) Toddlers' stress during transition to childcare. European Early Childhood Education Research Journal. vol. 29 (2).
- (2021) Structural and Pragmatic Language Impairments in Children Evaluated for Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders.
- (2021) Perceived social support and quality of life among adolescents in residential youth care: a cross-sectional study. Health and Quality of Life Outcomes. vol. 19 (1).
- (2021) Perceived Social Support and Symptom Loads of Psychiatric Disorders among Adolescents in Residential Youth Care. Social work research (Print).
- (2021) Teacher Nominations of Preschool Children at Risk for Mental Health Problems: how False Is a False Positive Nomination and What Make Teachers Concerned?. Journal of Psychopathology and Behavioral Assessment.
- (2021) Childcare Providers’ Nominations of Preschool Children at Risk for Mental Health Problems: Does it Discriminate Well Compared to the Caregiver-Teacher Report Form (C-TRF)?. Scandinavian Journal of Educational Research.
- (2021) Assiciation between in-hospital frailty and health related quality of life three months after stroke: the Nor-COAST study. BMC Neurology.
- (2020) Post-stroke Cognitive Impairment—Impact of Follow-Up Time and Stroke Subtype on Severity and Cognitive Profile: The Nor-COAST Study. Frontiers in Neurology. vol. 11:699.
- (2020) Changes in serum zonulin in individuals with morbid obesity after weight-loss interventions: a prospective cohort study. BMC Endocrine Disorders. vol. 20 (108).
- (2020) Can Gaming Get You Fit?. Frontiers in Physiology.
- (2020) Does caesarean delivery in the first pregnancy increase the risk for adverse outcome in the second? A registry-based cohort study on first and second singleton births in Norway. BMJ Open. vol. 10 (8).
- (2020) Epidemiological differences in levels of depressive signs among nocturnal symptoms of insomnia; results from the HUNT study. Sleep Science and Practice (SSP).
- (2020) Effects of High-Intensity Interval Training After Stroke (the HIIT-Stroke Study): A Multicenter Randomized Controlled Trial. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. vol. 101 (6).
- (2020) Vascular risk factor control and adherence to secondary preventive medication after ischaemic stroke. Journal of Internal Medicine.
- (2020) Psychiatric morbidity, somatic comorbidity and substance use in an adolescent psychiatric population at 3-year follow-up. European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- (2020) Psychometric properties of the Weiss Functional Impairment Rating Scale parent and self-reports in a Norwegian clinical sample of adolescents treated for ADHD. Nordic Journal of Psychiatry.