Background and activities
M.Sc., Industrial mathematics, NTNU, 1983
Ph.D., statistics, NTNU, 1988
Stensvold, D., Viken, H., Steinshamn, S. L., Dalen, H., Støylen, A., Loennechen, J. P., Reitlo, L. S., Zisko, N., Bækkerud, F. H., Tari, A. R., Sandbakk, S. B., Carlsen, T., Ingebrigtsen, J. E., Lydersen, S., Mattsson, E., Anderssen, S. A., Fiatarone Singh, M. A., Coombes, J. S., Skogvoll, E., Vatten, L. J., Helbostad, J. L., Rognmo, Ø., & Wisløff, U. (2020). Effect of exercise training for five years on all cause mortality in older adults-the Generation 100 study: randomised controlled trial. BMJ, 371, m3485.
Lydersen, S. (2020). Should we adjust for background variables in a randomised controlled trial? Tidsskr Nor Legeforen, 140(5).
Lydersen, S. (2020). Samsvar mellom observatører – eller interobservatørsamsvar? Tidsskr Nor Legeforen, 140(5).
Lydersen, S. 2017. Hva er sannsynligheten for riktig resultat av en diagnostisk test? Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening, 137, (18) 1437
Prestmo, A., Hagen, G., Sletvold, O., Helbostad, J.L., Thingstad, P., Taraldsen, K., Lydersen, S., Halsteinli, V., Saltnes, T., Lamb, S.E., Johnsen, L.G., & Saltvedt, I. 2015. Comprehensive geriatric care for patients with hip fractures: a prospective, randomised, controlled trial. Lancet, 385, (9978) 1623-1633
Lydersen, S. 2015. Statistical review: frequently given comments. Ann.Rheum.Dis., 74, (2) 323-325
Fagerland, M. W., Lydersen, S., & Laake, P. 2015. Recommended confidence intervals for two independent binomial proportions. Statistical Methods in Medical research, 42, (2) 224-254
Strand, K.M., Heimstad, R., Iversen, A.C., Austgulen, R., Lydersen, S., Andersen, G.L., Irgens, L.M., & Vik, T. 2013. Mediators of the association between pre-eclampsia and cerebral palsy: population based cohort study. BMJ, 347, f4089
Lydersen, S., Langaas, M., & Bakke, Ø. 2012, "The Exact Unconditional z-pooled Test for Equality of Two Binomial Probabilities: Optimal Choice of the Berger and Boos Confidence Coefficient", Journal of Statistical Computation and simulation, vol. 82, no. 9, pp. 1311-1316.
Lydersen, S., Fagerland, M. W., & Laake, P. 2009, "Tutorial in biostatistics: Recommended tests for association in 2x2 tables", Statistics in Medicine.
Lydersen, S. 2007, "The human sex ratio in New York did not change after 11 September 2001". Human Reproduction.
Lydersen, S., Pradhan, V., Senchaudhuri, P., & Laake, P. 2007 "Choice of test for association in small sample unordered rxc tables". Statistics in Medicine.
Lydersen, S., Pradhan, V., Laake, P., & Senchaudhuri, P. 2005, "Power Comparison of Exact Tests for Association in Unordered rxc Contingency Tables Using standard, Mid p, and Randomized Test Versions.", Journal of Statistical Computation and simulation, vol. 75 (6), pp. 447-458.
Lydersen, S. & Laake, P. 2003, "Power comparison of two-sided exact tests for association in 2 x 2 contingency tables using standard, mid p and randomized test versions", Stat.Med., vol. 22, no. 24, pp. 3859-3871.
Lydersen, S. 1992, "Clayton's Model for Dependent Components in Systems Reliability", Reliability Engineering and Systems Safety, vol. 36, pp. 53-58.
Lydersen, S. & Rausand, M. 1987, "A systematic Approach to Accelerated Life Testing.", Reliability Engineering, vol. 18, no. 4.
Lydersen, S., Hansen, G. K, Sandtorv, H. (editors) 1998: "Safety and Reliability". Proceedings of the European Conference on Safety and Reliability - ESREL'98, Trondheim 16 - 19 June 1998. Balkema Publishers, Rotterdam.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) The Impact of Vascular Risk Factors on Post-stroke Cognitive Impairment: The Nor-COAST Study. Frontiers in Neurology. vol. 12.
- (2021) Psychometric properties of the Inventory of Life Quality in children and adolescents in Norwegian Sign Language. BMC Psychology. vol. 9 (1).
- (2021) Cognitive behavioural group therapy for adolescents with ADHD: a study of satisfaction and feasibility. Nordic Journal of Psychiatry.
- (2021) Inhibitory Control Moderates the Effect of Anxiety on Vagally Mediated Heart Rate Variability: Findings from a Community Sample of Young School-Aged Children. Cognitive Therapy and Research.
- (2021) Acceptability and feasibility of enhanced cognitive behavioral therapy (eCBT) for children and adolescents with obsessive–compulsive disorder. Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Mental Health (CAPMH). vol. 15 (1).
- (2021) Orthogeriatrics prevents functional decline in hip fracture patients: report from two randomized controlled trials. BMC Geriatrics. vol. 21 (208).
- (2021) Associations between post-stroke motor and cognitive function: a cross-sectional study. BMC Geriatrics. vol. 21 (1).
- (2021) The delirium screening tool 4AT in routine clinical practice: prediction of mortality, sensitivity and specificity. European Geriatric Medicine.
- (2021) Effects of High-Intensity Interval Training After Stroke (The HIIT Stroke Study) on Physical and Cognitive Function: A Multicenter Randomized Controlled Trial. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. vol. 102 (9).
- (2021) Risk Stratification in Patients with Ischemic Stroke and Residual Cardiovascular Risk with Current Secondary Prevention. Clinical Epidemiology.
- (2021) Association of treatment procedures and resilience to symptom load three-years later in a clinical sample of adolescent psychiatric patients. BMC Psychiatry. vol. 21 (1).
- (2021) Point prevalence and motor function of children and adolescents with cerebral palsy in Scandinavia and Scotland: a CP‐North study. Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology. vol. 63 (6).
- (2021) Digital cognitive-behavioural therapy for insomnia compared with digital patient education about insomnia in individuals referred to secondary mental health services in Norway: Protocol for a multicentre randomised controlled trial. BMJ Open. vol. 11:e050661 (6).
- (2021) Association between Personal Activity Intelligence (PAI) and body weight in a population free from cardiovascular disease - The HUNT study. The Lancet Regional Health - Europe.
- (2021) Absent exercise-induced improvements in fat oxidation in women with polycystic ovary syndrome after high-intensity interval training. Frontiers in Physiology. vol. 12:649794.
- (2021) Assessment of mirror movements in children and adolescents with unilateral cerebral palsy: reliability of the Woods and Teuber scale. Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology.
- (2021) Isolated and combined effects of high-intensity interval training and time-restricted eating on glycaemic control in reproductive-aged women with overweight or obesity: Study protocol for a four-armed randomised controlled trial. BMJ Open. vol. 11:e040020 (2).
- (2021) Toddlers' stress during transition to childcare. European Early Childhood Education Research Journal. vol. 29 (2).
- (2021) Structural and Pragmatic Language Impairments in Children Evaluated for Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders.
- (2021) Measuring Mothers' Representations of Their Infants: The Psychometric Properties of the Clinical Scales of the Working Model of the Child Interview in a Low- to Moderate- Risk Sample. Infant Mental Health Journal. vol. 42 (4).