Background and activities
Sveinungs homepageProfessor Water and Wastewater systems at Institute for Water and Environment, NTNU, born 1951.
Teaches subjects "Urban Water Systems" and "Water and Wastewater Systems Specialisation"
Mentor for students at project works and master thesis
Previously senior researcher and research manager at SINTEF
Participates with initiation and implementation of research projects, i.e. EU programs. Manager of EU projects CARE-W and CARE-S and EU network CityNet, plus researcher exchange program SafeWater (Marie Curie). Work area leader EU IP project TECHNEAU (safe drinking water from source to tap) and central in development of EU IP project PREPARED (meeting impact of climate change with existing urban water systems), TRUST (sustainable development of urban water infrastructure) nd BINGO (impact and mitigation of climate change)
Board member European Water Supply and Sanitation Technology Platform (WSSTP) 2006-2008, and initiator and leader of Norwegian branch of platform (2008-2012). Member of International Water Association (IWA) network "Leading Edge Sustainable Asset Management" (LESAM)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Detection of extraneous water ingress into the sewer system using tandem methods – a case study in Trondheim city. Water Science and Technology. vol. 79 (2).
- (2019) Date Palm Assisted Nanocomposite Materials for the Removal of Nitrate and Phosphate from Aqueous Medium. Sustainable Agriculture Reviews. vol. 34.
- (2018) Quantification Assessment of Extraneous Water Infiltration and Inflow by Analysis of the Thermal Behavior of the Sewer Network. Water. vol. 10 (8).
- (2018) Sustainability assessment in strategic management of wastewater transport system: a case study in Trondheim, Norway. Urban Water Journal. vol. 15 (1).
- (2018) Reviewing the long-term sustainability of urban water systems rehabilitation strategies with an alternative approach. Sustainability. vol. 10 (6).
- (2018) An analysis of the potential impact of climate change on the structural reliability of drinking water pipes in cold climate regions. Water. vol. 10 (4).
- (2018) Using the multiple scenario approach for envisioning plausible futures in long-term planning and management of the urban water pipe systems. European Journal of Futures Research. vol. 6 (7).
- (2018) Performance based modelling of long-term deterioration to support rehabilitation and investment decisions in drinking water distribution systems. Urban Water Journal. vol. 15 (1).
- (2017) Metabolism-modelling approaches to long-term sustainability assessment of urban water services. Urban Water Journal. vol. 14 (1).
- (2016) Improving data collection strategies and infrastructure asset management tool utilisation through cost benefit considerations. Urban Water Journal. vol. 13 (7).
- (2015) Infiltration/Inflow Assessment and Detection in Urban Sewer System. Vann. vol. 1 (1).
- (2014) Urban water system metabolism assessment using WaterMet2 model. Procedia Engineering. vol. 70.
- (2014) WaterMet2: a tool for integrated analysis of sustainability-based performance of urban water systems. Drinking Water Engineering and Science (DWES). vol. 7 (1).
- (2014) Dynamic metabolism modeling of urban water services - demonstrating effectiveness as a decision-support tool for Oslo, Norway. Water Research. vol. 61.
- (2014) Dynamic metabolism modeling as a decision-support tool for urban water utilities applied to the upstream of the water system in Oslo, Norway. Procedia Engineering. vol. 89 (C).
- (2012) Flomfrekvensanalyse og flomvannlinjeberegninger for byvassdrag. Vann. vol. 47 (1).
- (2011) Adaptation of Norway's water supply and sanitation systems to cope with climate change. Water asset management international. vol. 7 (3).
- (2010) Asset Management for Urban Wastewater Pipeline Networks. Journal of Infrastructure Systems. vol. 16 (2).
- (2010) Historical analysis of blockages in wastewater pipelines in Oslo and diagnosis of causative pipeline characteristics. Urban Water Journal. vol. 7 (6).
- (2009) Statistical analysis and definition of blockages-prediction formulae for the wastewater network of Oslo by evolutionary computing. Water Science and Technology. vol. 59 (8).