Sveinung Johan Ohrem
Background and activities
PhD. candidate in the Center for Research Based Innovation (SFI) SUBPRO (Subsea Production and Processing). The focus of my work is improved control of subsea processes. Our current research focuses on improved control of separation equipment (GLCC, hydrocyclones), subsea multiphase pumps, anti slug control and more.
My research interests are nonlinear control, adaptive control, process control and system modelling.
My main supervisor is Associate Professor Christian Holden and my co-supervisors are Prof. Sigurd Skogestad and Prof. Olav Egeland
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2019) A Comparison of Hazards and Efficiencies of Conventional and Adaptive Control Algorithms Using Systems-Theoretic Process Analysis. MATEC Web of Conferences. vol. 273.
- (2019) Controller Design and Control Structure Analysis for a Novel Oil–Water Multi-Pipe Separator. Processes. vol. 7 (4).
- (2018) Model-Based and Model-Free Optimal Control of a Gas Liquid Cylindrical Cyclone. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 51 (8).
- (2017) Modeling and nonlinear model predictive control of a subsea pump station. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 50 (2).
- (2017) ℒ1 adaptive anti-slug control. American Control Conference (ACC).
Part of book/report
- (2018) Application of Systems-Theoretic Process Analysis to a Subsea Gas Compression System. Safety and Reliability – Safe Societies in a Changing World. Proceedings of ESREL 2018, June 17-21, 2018, Trondheim, Norway.
- (2018) Controller and observer design for first order LTI systems with unknown dynamics. ICCMA 2018 Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Control, Mechatronics and Automation.
- (2017) Adaptive Feedback Linearizing Control of a Gas Liquid Cylindrical Cyclone. 2017 IEEE Conference on Control Technology and Applications (CCTA).
- (2015) Development of a Dynamic Positioning System for Merlin WR200 ROV. 2015.
- (2018) Controller and observer design for first order LTI systems with unknown dynamics. The 6th International Conference on Control, Mechatronics and Automation . ACM; Tokyo. 2018-10-12 - 2018-10-14.
- (2018) A Comparison of Hazards and Efficiencies of Conventional and Adaptive Control Algorithms using Systems‐Theoretic Process Analysis. European Stamp Workshop and Conference ; Amsterdam. 2018-10-31 - 2018-11-02.
- (2018) Model-Based and Model-Free Optimal Control of a Gas Liquid Cylindrical Cyclone. 3rd IFAC Workshop on Automatic Control in Offshore Oil and Gas Production . IFAC; Esbjerg. 2018-05-30 - 2018-06-01.
- (2017) Control of separators. BN Subsea Consortium Workshop . BN Consortium; Rio de Janeiro. 2017-04-24 - 2017-04-25.
- (2017) Modeling and Nonlinear Model Predictive Control of a Subsea Pump Station. Control Conference Africa . IFAC; Johannesburg. 2017-12-07 - 2017-12-08.
- (2017) L1 Adaptive Anti-Slug Control. American Control Conference 2017 . American Automatic Control Council; Seattle. 2017-05-24 - 2017-05-26.
- (2017) Adaptive Feedback Linearizing Control of a Gas Liquid Cylindrical Cyclone. Conference on Control Technology and Applications . IEEE; Hawaii. 2017-08-28 - 2017-08-30.