Background and activities
Interests and engagements
I am currently head of department of Department of Marine Technology.
I am director of the Kongsberg Maritime University Technology Centre "Ship Performance and Cyber-physical Systems".
I am one of two members of the standing committee of Symposium of Marine Propulsors
I am engaged in the planning of the new marine technology research center in Trondheim - www.oceanspacecentre.no/
Other topics of interest are:
- Model test techniques
- Resistance and propulsion
- Seakeeping of ships, including propulsion in waves
- Performance of high speed marine vehichles, especially air cushion catamaran
I am lecturing the following course:
- TMR 4217 Hydrodynamics of high speed marine vehicles Spring-term Msc-course covering all aspects of hydrodynamic performance of high speed marine vehicles.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) A computationally efficient method for identification of steady state in time series data from ship monitoring. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Science. vol. 5 (4).
- (2020) Added Resistance and Speed Loss of a Ship Found Using Onboard Monitoring Data. Journal of Ship Research. vol. 64 (2).
- (2020) Preparation of in-service measurement data for ship operation and performance analysis. Ocean Engineering. vol. 212.
- (2020) Operability robustness index as seakeeping performance criterion for offshore vessels. Ocean Engineering. vol. 217.
- (2020) Time Domain Modeling of Propeller Forces due to Ventilation in Static and Dynamic Conditions. Journal of Marine Science and Engineering. vol. 8 (1).
- (2020) The importance of the engine-propeller model accuracy on the performance prediction of a marine propulsion system in the presence of waves. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 103.
- (2020) Modeling and analysis of performance and emissions of marine lean-burn natural gas engine propulsion in waves. Applied Energy. vol. 279.
- (2018) Fuel savings for a general cargo ship employing retractable bow foils. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 76.
- (2018) Global sensitivity analysis and repeated identification of a modular maneuvering model of a passenger ferry. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 74.
- (2018) Revitalization of short sea shipping through slender, simplified and standardized designs SMC-007-2016. Transactions - Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers. vol. 124.
- (2017) Multivariate time series data mining in ship monitoring database. Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering. vol. 139 (6).
- (2017) Uncertainty of full-scale manoeuvring trial results estimated using a simulation model. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 64.
- (2017) Validation of ship manoeuvring models using metamodels. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 66.
- (2017) Predicting thrust loss of ship propellers due to ventilation and out-of-water effect. Journal of Ship Research. vol. 61 (4).
- (2017) Experimental analysis on the risk of vortex ventilation and the free surface ventilation of marine propellers. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 67.
- (2017) Effect of waves on cavitation and pressure pulses of a tanker with twin podded propulsion. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 65.
- (2017) Simulation of a two-stroke diesel engine for propulsion in waves. International Journal of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering. vol. 9 (4).
- (2016) A CFD-based scaling approach for ducted propellers. Ocean Engineering. vol. 123.
- (2016) Scale effects on open water characteristics of a controllable pitch propeller working within different duct designs. Ocean Engineering. vol. 112.
- (2016) Calculation of EEDIweather for a general cargo vessel. Ocean Engineering. vol. 122.