Background and activities
Born 6.3.1955 in Hameln, Germany; lived in Norway since 1974. Cand.mag. in psychology, philosophy and biology University in Tromsø, 1981. M.D. University in Tromsø, 1987. Child- and adolescent psychiatrist, 1994. Head of the department of Child- and adolescent psychiatry/St. Olav's hospital - university hospital in Trondheim, 1999-2002. PhD "Quality of Life and mental health in children and adolescents: Child and parent perspectives" The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU 2009). Research field: Quality of life - "Child well-being", epidemiology, mental health/psychopathology - neuropsychiatry in children and adolescents- child maltreatment and traumatology
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Måleegenskaper ved den norske versjonen av Social Communication Questionnaire (SCQ). PsykTestBARN. vol. 11 (1).
- (2020) Predictors of community versus specialty mental health service use: a prospective cohort study. European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- (2020) Measuring childhood maltreatment: Psychometric properties of the Norwegian version of the Maltreatment and Abuse Chronology of Exposure (MACE) scale. PLOS ONE. vol. 15 (2).
- (2020) Reactive attachment disorder and disinhibited social engagement disorder in adolescence: co-occurring psychopathology and psychosocial problems. European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- (2019) Validation of the Strengths and Difficulties Self-Report in Norwegian Sign Language. Journal of Deaf Studies and Deaf Education. vol. 25 (1).
- (2019) Måleegenskaper ved den norske versjonen av Self-Perception Profile for Adolescents (SPPA). PsykTestBARN. vol. 9 (1).
- (2019) The role of family functioning and self-esteem in the quality of life of adolescents referred for psychiatric services: a 3-year follow-up. Quality of Life Research. vol. 28 (9).
- (2019) Validity of reactive attachment disorder and disinhibited social engagement disorder in adolescence. European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- (2018) Quality of Life, family function and mental health of deaf and hard-of-hearing adolescents in mental health services in Norway - a pilot study. International Journal on Mental Health and Deafness. vol. 4 (1).
- (2018) Måleegenskaper ved den norske versjonen av Children’s Global Assessment Scale (CGAS). PsykTestBARN. vol. 1 (3).
- (2017) Childhood maltreatment, psychopathology and well-being: The mediator role of global self-esteem, attachment difficulties and substance use. International Journal of Child Abuse & Neglect. vol. 70.
- (2017) Quality of life among adolescents living in residential youth care:do domain-specific self-esteem and psychopathology contribute?. Quality of Life Research. vol. 26 (10).
- (2016) Child maltreatment and quality of life: A study of adolescents in residential care. Health and Quality of Life Outcomes. vol. 14:74.
- (2016) Måleegenskaper ved den norske versjonen av Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Assessment (CAPA) og Preschool Age Psychiatric Assessment (PAPA). PsykTestBARN.
- (2016) Prevalence, stability, 1-year incidence and predictors of depressive symptoms among Norwegian adolescents in the general population as measured by the Short Mood and Feelings Questionnaire. Nordic Journal of Psychiatry. vol. 70 (4).
- (2016) The Impact of Coexisting Emotional and Conduct Problems on Family Functioning and Quality of Life Among Adolescents With ADHD. Journal of Attention Disorders. vol. 20 (5).
- (2015) Previous maltreatment and present mental health in a high-risk adolescent population. International Journal of Child Abuse & Neglect. vol. 45.
- (2015) Self- and proxy reports of quality of life among adolescents living in residential youth care compared to adolescents in the general population and mental health services. Health and Quality of Life Outcomes. vol. 13 (104).
- (2015) Prevalence and comorbidity of mental disorders among adolescents living in residential youth care. European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. vol. 25 (1).
- (2015) Måleegenskaper ved den norske versjonen av Child Health Questionnaire (CHQ). PsykTestBARN.