Thor Bernt Melø
Background and activities
Fields of speciality / Fields of responsibility
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Structural, photophysical, and photobiological studies on BODIPY‐anthracene dyads. ChemPhotoChem.
- (2020) Carotenoid radical ions: A laser flash photolysis study. Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology. B: Biology. vol. 212.
- (2020) Using optical fibers to measure absorption in intact conifer leaves, relative numbers of chloroplasts, and pigment content. Journal of biological physics (Print). vol. 46 (1).
- (2019) Unique photosynthetic electron transport tuning and excitation distribution in heterokont algae. PLOS ONE. vol. 14 (1).
- (2017) Exploring the reactivity of retinol radical cation toward organic and biological molecules: A laser flash photolysis study. Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology. B: Biology. vol. 170.
- (2017) Demonstrating basic properties of spectroscopy using a self-constructed combined fluorimeter and UV-Photometer. Journal of Chemical Education. vol. 94 (10).
- (2017) The plastoquinone pool of Nannochloropsis oceanica is not completely reduced during bright light pulses. PLOS ONE. vol. 12 (4).
- (2016) Competitive ligand exchange of crosslinking ions for ionotropic hydrogel formation. Journal of materials chemistry. B. vol. 4 (37).
- (2016) Ruthenium porphyrin-induced photodamage in bladder cancer cells. Photodiagnosis and Photodynamic Therapy. vol. 14.
- (2016) Fluorescence and phosphorescence of tryptophan in peptides of different length and sequence. Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology. B: Biology. vol. 157.
- (2015) Dissolution of copper mineral phases in biological fluids and the controlled release of copper ions from mineralized alginate hydrogels. Biomedical Materials. vol. 10 (1).
- (2014) The inter-monomer interface of the major light-harvesting chlorophyll a/b complexes of photosystem II (LHCII) influences the chlorophyll triplet distribution. Journal of plant physiology. vol. 171 (5).
- (2013) Single shot laser flash photolysis with a fibre-coupled reference beam monitor. Photochemical and Photobiological Sciences. vol. 12 (2).
- (2013) Pulsed-source time-resolved phosphorimetry: comparison of a commercial gated photomultiplier with a specially wired ungated photomultiplier. Photochemical and Photobiological Sciences. vol. 12 (6).
- (2013) Proline does not quench singlet oxygen: Evidence to reconsider its protective role in plants. Plant physiology and biochemistry (Paris). vol. 64.
- (2013) Energy and electron transfer of polyenic acids with variable chain lengths. Tetrahedron. vol. 69 (1).
- (2012) Temporal profile of the singlet oxygen emission endogenously produced by photosystem II reaction centre in an aqueous buffer. Photosynthesis Research. vol. 112 (1).
- (2012) Triplets, radical cations and neutral semiquinone radicals of lumiflavin and riboflavin: An overhaul of previous pump-probe data and new multichannel absolute absorption spectra. Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology. B: Biology. vol. 106.
- (2012) Photomorphogenesis and pigment induction in lentil seedling roots exposed to low light conditions. Plant Biology. vol. 14 (3).
- (2011) Trolox, a Water-Soluble Analogue of alpha-Tocopherol, Photoprotects the Surface-Exposed Regions of the Photosystem II Reaction Center in Vitro. Is This Physiologically Relevant?. Biochemistry. vol. 50 (39).