Background and activities
Lars Tingelstad works as an Associate Professor of Robotic Production in the Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering at NTNU, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway, as part of the Robotics and Automation group led by Professor Olav Egeland.
Tingelstad's current research focuses on robotics and automation in the Norwegian and European manufacturing industry, including robotic welding and assembly in general and geometric and constraint-based methods in particular.
Tingelstad received the M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in mechanical engineering from NTNU in 2011 and 2017, respectively. His Ph.D. thesis was on the estimation of rigid-body motions from the observation of 3-D geometric objects such as points, lines, planes, circles, and spheres, in conformal geometric algebra (Clifford algebra).
Tingelstad has set up several robot labs and installations and has contributed to open-source projects, including ROS-Industrial.
Tingelstad currently teaches the course TPK4170 - Robotics.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Laser Scanning and Parametrization of Weld Grooves with Reflective Surfaces. Sensors. vol. 21 (14).
- (2021) Blazer: Laser Scanning Simulation using Physically Based Rendering. arXiv.
- (2021) Constraint Identification from STEP AP242 files for Automated Robotic Welding. Proceedings of 2021 IEEE 12th International Conference on Mechanical and Intelligent Manufacturing Technologies (ICMIMT 2021) May 13-15, 2021 Cape Town, South Africa.
- (2021) Leveraging Model Based Definition and STEP AP242 in Task Specification for Robotic Assembly. Procedia CIRP. vol. 97.
- (2020) Configuration and Control of KMR iiwa Mobile Robots using ROS2. Proceeding of 3rd International Symposium on Small-scale Intelligent Manufacturing Systems (SIMS2020).
- (2020) Constraint identification from STEP AP242 files for automated robotic welding. IEEE/RSJ IROS 2020 Workshop: Bringing constraint-based robot programming to real-world applications ; Las Vegas, Nevada. 2020-10-25 - 2021-01-24.
- (2020) Welding automation using constraint-based robot programming. IEEE/RSJ IROS 2020 Workshop: Bringing constraint-based robot programming to real-world applications ; Las Vegas, Nevada. 2020-10-25 - 2021-01-24.
- (2019) Coarse Alignment for Model Fitting of Point Clouds Using a Curvature-Based Descriptor. IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering. vol. 16 (2).
- (2017) Initial Alignment of Point Clouds using Motors. Proceedings of the Computer Graphics International Conference 2017.
- (2017) Object Detection in Point Clouds Using Conformal Geometric Algebra. Advances in Applied Clifford Algebras. vol. 27 (3).
- (2017) Automatic Differentiation and Optimization of Multivectors - Estimating Motors in Conformal Geometric Algebra. 2017. ISBN 978-82-326-2450-8.
- (2017) Automatic Multivector Differentiation and Optimization. Advances in Applied Clifford Algebras. vol. 27 (1).
- (2017) Motor Estimation using Heterogeneous Sets of Objects in Conformal Geometric Algebra. Advances in Applied Clifford Algebras. vol. 27 (3).
- (2014) Robotisert innretting og sveising av flymotordeler. Forum for automatisk produksjon . Norsk Industri og Norsk forening for automatisering (NFA); Gjøvik. 2014-08-27 - 2014-08-28.
- (2014) Intelligent Fault Correction and self Optimizing Manufacturing Systems (IFaCOM). IAS-13 Workshop: ROS-Industrial in European Research Projects . ROS Industrial Consortium Europe; Padova. 2014-07-15.
- (2014) Robotic Assembly of Aircraft Engine Components Using a Closed-loop Alignment Process. Procedia CIRP. vol. 23.
- (2013) Lasermålinger i automatisk produksjon. Maskineringsforum . Norsk Industri; Kristiansand. 2013-04-17 - 2013-04-18.
- (2013) Robotar får syn og samarbeidsevner. gemini.no [Internett]. 2013-05-27.
- (2012) Real-Time Robot Trajectory Generation with Python. IROS 2012 Workshop on Robot Motion Planning . Torsten Kröger; Vilamoura. 2012-10-07 - 2012-10-12.
- (2012) Robotisert sammenstilling av jetmotorkomponenter ved Volvo Aero. Forum for automatisk produksjon . NFA og Norsk Industri; Kongsberg. 2012-08-29 - 2012-08-30.
- (2012) Multi-Robot Assembly of High-Performance Aerospace Components. Elsevier IFAC Publications / IFAC Proceedings series. vol. 10 (1).
- (2012) Multi-Robot Assembly of High-Performance Aerospace Components. 10th IFAC Symposium on Robot Control ; Dubrovnik. 2012-09-05 - 2012-09-07.
- (2011) Development of a System for Automatic Assembly and Tack Welding of Aerospace Components. Annual European Conference for Scientists using Python . EuroSciPy; Paris. 2011-08-25 - 2011-08-28.
- (2010) Modeling of a High Voltage Power Cable Manufacturing Process Using Artificial Neural Networks. International Workshop of Advanced Manufacturing and Automation : (IWAMA2010) : 25-27th September, 2010, Shanghai University, Shanghai, China.