Tor Arne Johansen
Background and activities
Tor Arne Johansen is a professor at the Department of Engineering Cybernetics. He has a MSc (1989) and a PhD (1994) in Engineering Cybernetics from NTNU.
Professor Johansen is also a key scientist at the Centre for Autonomous Marine Operations and Systems (AMOS).
See: http://folk.ntnu.no/torarnj/ for more information.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Adaptive Underwater Robotic Sampling of Dispersal Dynamics in the Coastal Ocean. Springer Tracts in Advanced Robotics.
- (2021) Risk-Based Model Predictive Control for Autonomous Ship Emergency Management. IFAC-PapersOnLine.
- (2021) Accelerating Reinforcement Learning with Suboptimal Guidance. IFAC-PapersOnLine.
- (2021) Hyperspectral Image Processing Pipelines on Multiple Platforms for Coordinated Oceanographic Observation. Workshop on Hyperspectral Image and Signal Processing, Evolution in Remote Sensing.
- (2021) Ocean Color Hyperspectral Remote Sensing With High Resolution and Low Latency--The HYPSO-1 CubeSat Mission. IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing.
- (2021) Spacecraft Attitude and Angular Rate Tracking using Reaction Wheels and Magnetorquers. IFAC-PapersOnLine.
- (2021) Experimental Heat Loads for Electrothermal Anti-Icing and De-Icing on UAVs. Aerospace. vol. 8 (3).
- (2021) Compressed pseudo-SLAM: pseudorange-integrated compressed simultaneous localisation and mapping for unmanned aerial vehicle navigation. Journal of navigation.
- (2021) Energy optimal attitude control for a solar-powered spacecraft. European Journal of Control.
- (2021) Phased Array Radio Navigation System on UAVs: GNSS-based Calibration in the Field. International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems (ICUAS).
- (2021) Estimation in uncertain switched systems using a bank of interval observers: local vs glocal approach. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 53 (2).
- (2021) On-line calibration of spectroscopic sensors based on nonlinear observers. IFAC-PapersOnLine.
- (2021) Planning approach trajectories to enable late aborts for fixed-wing UAV recovery on ships. International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems (ICUAS).
- (2021) Ship Collision Avoidance Utilizing the Cross-Entropy Method for Collision Risk Assessment. IEEE transactions on intelligent transportation systems (Print).
- (2020) Globally Stable Velocity Estimation Using Normalized Velocity Measurement. The international journal of robotics research. vol. 39 (1).
- (2020) Semiglobally Asymptotically Stable Nonlinear Observer for Camera Aided Navigation. IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology.
- (2020) Autonomous recovery of a Fixed-wing UAV Using a Line Suspended Between Two Multirotor UAVs. IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems. vol. 57 (1).
- (2020) A reconfigurable multi-mode implementation of hyperspectral target detection algorithms. Microprocessors and microsystems. vol. 78.
- (2020) Fuzzy domain and meta-heuristic algorithm-based collision avoidance control for ships: Experimental validation in virtual and real environment. Ocean Engineering. vol. 220.
- (2020) Multivariate Image Fusion: A Pipeline For Hyperspectral Data Enhancement. Chemometrics and Intelligent Laboratory Systems. vol. 205.