Background and activities
Tor Arne Johansen is a professor at the Department of Engineering Cybernetics. He has a MSc (1989) and a PhD (1994) in Engineering Cybernetics from NTNU.
Professor Johansen is also a key scientist at the Centre for Autonomous Marine Operations and Systems (AMOS).
See: http://folk.ntnu.no/torarnj/ for more information.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Extremum-Seeking Control for Harmonic Mitigation in Electrical Grids of Marine Vessels. IEEE transactions on industrial electronics (1982. Print). vol. 66 (1).
- (2019) Towards autonomous ocean observing systems using Miniature Underwater Gliders with UAV deployment and recovery capabilities. IEEE / OES Autonomous Underwater Vehicles. Proceedings.
- (2018) Combinatorial approach toward multiparametric quadratic programming based on characterizing adjacent critical regions. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control. vol. 63 (10).
- (2018) Phased array radio system aided inertial navigation for unmanned aerial vehicles. IEEE Aerospace Conference. Proceedings. vol. 2018-March.
- (2018) Robust and secure UAV navigation using GNSS, phased-array radio system and inertial sensor fusion. IEEE Control Systems.
- (2018) User-Configurable Timing and Navigation for UAVs. Sensors. vol. 18.
- (2018) Adaptive Sampling of Ocean Processes Using an AUV with a Gaussian Proxy Model. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 51 (29).
- (2018) A virtual vertical reference concept for aided inertial navigation at the sea surface. Control Engineering Practice. vol. 70.
- (2018) Aided Inertial Navigation of Small Unmanned Aerial Vehicles Using an Ultra-Wideband Real Time Localization System. IEEE Aerospace Conference. Proceedings.
- (2018) Fault-Tolerant Control Allocation for Overactuated Nonlinear Systems. Asian journal of control. vol. 20 (2).
- (2018) Object Classification in Thermal Images using Convolutional Neural Networks for Search and Rescue Missions with Unmanned Aerial Systems. Proceedings of ... International Joint Conference on Neural Networks.
- (2018) Advancing multi-vehicle deployments in oceanographic field experiments. Autonomous Robots.
- (2018) An Efficient Real-Time FPGA Implementation of the CCSDS-123 Compression Standard for Hyperspectral Images. IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing. vol. 11 (10).
- (2018) A lightweight payload for Hyperspectral Remote Sensing using small UAVs. Workshop on Hyperspectral Image and Signal Processing, Evolution in Remote Sensing.
- (2018) Distributed Quasi-Nonlinear Model Predictive Control with Contractive Constraint. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 51 (20).
- (2018) Dual-mode distributed Model Predictive Control of a quadruple-tank system. Journal of Chemical Technology and Metallurgy. vol. 53 (4).
- (2018) MPC-based Collision Avoidance Strategy for Existing Marine Vessel Guidance Systems. IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation.
- (2018) Nonlinear Observer for Tightly Coupled Integrated Inertial Navigation Aided by RTK-GNSS Measurements. IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology.
- (2018) On the accuracy of gradient estimation in extremum-seeking control using small perturbations. Automatica. vol. 95.
- (2018) eXogenous Kalman Filter for State-of-Charge Estimation in Lithium-ion Batteries. IEEE Control Systems.