Tor Arne Johansen
Background and activities
Tor Arne Johansen is a professor at the Department of Engineering Cybernetics. He has a MSc (1989) and a PhD (1994) in Engineering Cybernetics from NTNU.
Professor Johansen is also a key scientist at the Centre for Autonomous Marine Operations and Systems (AMOS).
See: http://folk.ntnu.no/torarnj/ for more information.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Adaptive Underwater Robotic Sampling of Dispersal Dynamics in the Coastal Ocean. Springer Tracts in Advanced Robotics.
- (2020) Globally Stable Velocity Estimation Using Normalized Velocity Measurement. The international journal of robotics research. vol. 39 (1).
- (2020) Semiglobally Asymptotically Stable Nonlinear Observer for Camera Aided Navigation. IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology.
- (2020) Risk-Based Model Predictive Control for Autonomous Ship Emergency Management. IFAC-PapersOnLine.
- (2020) Autonomous recovery of a Fixed-wing UAV Using a Line Suspended Between Two Multirotor UAVs. IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems.
- (2020) A reconfigurable multi-mode implementation of hyperspectral target detection algorithms. Microprocessors and microsystems. vol. 78.
- (2020) Accelerating Reinforcement Learning with Suboptimal Guidance. IFAC-PapersOnLine.
- (2020) Fuzzy domain and meta-heuristic algorithm-based collision avoidance control for ships: Experimental validation in virtual and real environment. Ocean Engineering.
- (2020) Multivariate Image Fusion: A Pipeline For Hyperspectral Data Enhancement. Chemometrics and Intelligent Laboratory Systems. vol. 205.
- (2020) Unmanned Aircraft Flight Control Aided by Phased-Array Radio Navigation. Journal of Field Robotics (JFR). vol. 38 (1).
- (2020) Spacecraft Attitude and Angular Rate Tracking using Reaction Wheels and Magnetorquers. IFAC-PapersOnLine.
- (2020) Wave motion compensation in dynamic positioning of small autonomous vessels. Journal of Marine Science and Technology.
- (2020) On the stability bounds of Kalman filters for linear deterministic discrete-time systems. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control. vol. 65 (10).
- (2020) Long range path planning using an aircraft performance model for battery powered sUAS equipped with icing protection system. IEEE Journal on Miniaturization for Air and Space Systems.
- (2020) Range-based Target Localization and Pursuit with Autonomous Vehicles: An Approach using Posterior CRLB and Model Predictive Control. Robotics and Autonomous Systems.
- (2020) Cooperative path following of constrained autonomous vehicles with model predictive control and event-triggered communications. International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control. vol. 30 (7).
- (2020) Characterization of seabed properties from Scholte waves acquired on floating ice on shallow water. Near Surface Geophysics. vol. 18 (1).
- (2020) Cooperative Control for Multirotors Transporting an Unknown Suspended Load under Environmental Disturbances. IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology. vol. 28 (2).
- (2020) Object Detection, Recognition and Tracking from UAVs using a Thermal Camera. Journal of Field Robotics (JFR).
- (2020) Precision Deep-Stall Landing of Fixed-Wing UAVs using Nonlinear Model Predictive Control. Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems. vol. 101 (24).