Background and activities
I have a PhD in physics from NTNU, where I worked with numerical simulations of light scattering from rough surfaces. After completing my PhD in 2013, I started at SINTEF, where I work with numerical models for transport of pollutants in the ocean. I'm mainly interested in numerical integration schemes fro ODEs and SDEs, and the use of Monte Carlo methods for environmental risk assessment. I have a secondary position at the Department of Physics, and my time here is spent on supervision of MSc students, research, and occasionally I lecture a course.
- Numerical simulations of transport in the ocean
- Advection-diffusion problems
- Lagrangian particle methods
- Numerical integration of ordinary and stochastic differential equations
- Modelling pollution such as oil, plastics, nanoparticles, etc.
- Light scattering from rough surfaces
- Spring 2021: TFY4235/FY8904 Computational Physics
- Autumn 2017: FY2045 Quantum Mechanics I
- Autumn 2016: TFY4305 - Non-linear Dynamics
- Spring 2016: TFY4235/FY8904 Computational Physics
- Autumn 2015: FY2045 Quantum Mechanics I
- Spring 2011: FY0001 Service Course in Physics
- Spring 2010: FY0001 Service Course in Physics
- Spring 2009: FY0001 Service Course in Physics
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Impact of flow field resolution on produced water transport in Lagrangian and Eulerian models. Marine Pollution Bulletin. vol. 182.
- (2022) Learning from natural sediments to tackle microplastics challenges: A multidisciplinary perspective. Earth-Science Reviews. vol. 228.
- (2021) Horizontal transport in oil-spill modeling. Marine Hydrocarbon Spill Assessments.
- (2021) Vertical mixing in oil spill modelling. Marine Hydrocarbon Spill Assessments.
- (2020) High-resolution numerical modelling of a marine mine tailings discharge in Western Norway. Regional Studies in Marine Science. vol. 39.
- (2020) Numerical integrators for Lagrangian oceanography. Geoscientific Model Development. vol. 13 (12).
- (2020) Modelling of oil thickness in the presence of an ice edge. Marine Pollution Bulletin. vol. 156.
- (2020) Modelling biodegradation of crude oil components at low temperatures. Chemosphere. vol. 254.
- (2020) Advancing Ocean Observation with an AI-driven Mobile Robotic Explorer. Oceanography. vol. 33 (3).
- (2020) The fate of hydrocarbon leaks from plugged and abandoned wells by means of natural seepages. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. vol. 196.
- (2019) Improving oil spill trajectory modelling in the Arctic. Marine Pollution Bulletin. vol. 140.
- (2019) Numerical analysis of boundary conditions in a Lagrangian particle model for vertical mixing, transport and surfacing of buoyant particles in the water column. Ocean Modelling. vol. 136.
- (2019) On the use of random walk schemes in oil spill modelling. Marine Pollution Bulletin. vol. 146.
- (2019) Fate of Hydrocarbon Leaks From Plugged and Abandoned Wells Compared to Natural Seepages. ASME 2019 38th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering (OMAE2019): Volume 8: Polar and Arctic Sciences and Technology; Petroleum Technology.
- (2018) Spreading of waxy oils on calm water. Marine Pollution Bulletin. vol. 129 (1).
- (2018) Oil Spill Contingency and Response Modelling in Ice-Covered Waters. Proceedings of the Forty-first AMOP Technical Seminar, Environment and Climate Change Canada Ottawa, ON, Canada.
- (2018) The effect of vertical mixing on the horizontal drift of oil spills. Ocean Science. vol. 14 (6).
- (2017) Numerical studies of the transmission of light through a two-dimensional randomly rough interface. Physical Review A. Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics (PRA). vol. 95 (4).
- (2017) Climate Change and Fate of Arctic Oil Spills. AMOP Technical Seminar on Environmental Contamination and Response - 2008 - 2017.
- (2017) Convergence of Ensemble Simulations for Environmental Risk Assessment. AMOP Technical Seminar on Environmental Contamination and Response - 2008 - 2017.
- (2017) Numerical Integration and Interpolation in Marine Pollutant Transport Modelling. AMOP Technical Seminar on Environmental Contamination and Response - 2008 - 2017.
- (2017) Impact of climate change and seasonal trends on the fate of Arctic oil spills. Ambio.
- (2016) Experimental and numerical studies of the scattering of light from a two-dimensional randomly rough interface in the presence of total internal reflection: Optical Yoneda peaks. Optics Express. vol. 24 (23).
- (2016) Numerical studies of the scattering of light from a two-dimensional randomly rough interface between two dielectric media. Physical Review A. Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics (PRA). vol. 93 (5).
- (2014) Imitating the inimitable: attempts to complete Edwin Drood. The Mystery of Edwin Drood: Solutions and Resolutions . The Victorian Popular Fiction Association; Senate House, London. 2014-09-20.
- (2014) Numerical solutions of the Rayleigh equations for the scattering of light from a two-dimensional randomly rough perfectly conducting surface. Optical Society of America. Journal A: Optics, Image Science, and Vision (JOSA A). vol. 31 (5).
- (2013) Coherent effects in the scattering of light from two-dimensional rough metal surfaces. Journal of the Optical Society of America A. vol. 30 (6).
- (2013) Validity of the Rayleigh hypothesis for two-dimensional randomly rough metal surfaces. Journal of Physics: Conference Series (JPCS). vol. 454.
- (2013) Fysikktime med Jon Hustad. Dag og Tid.
- (2013) Numerical Simulations of Scattering of Light from Two-Dimensional Rough Surfaces Using the Reduced Rayleigh Equation. Frontiers in Physics. vol. 1.
- (2012) Calculation of the Mueller matrix for scattering of light from two-dimensional rough surfaces. Physical Review A. Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics (PRA). vol. 86 (3).
- (2012) Satellite peaks in the scattering of light from the two-dimensional randomly rough surface of a dielectric film on a planar metal surface. Optics Express. vol. 20 (10).
- (2012) The Validity of the Reduced Rayleigh Equation. Conference on Computational Physics 2012 . Osaka University, Kyoto University, Kobe University, m.fl.; Kobe. 2012-10-14 - 2012-10-18.
- (2011) The scattering of light from two-dimensional randomly rough surfaces. Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering. vol. 8172 (1).
- (2011) Numerical simulations of scattering of light from two-dimensional surfaces using the Reduced Rayleigh Equation. Conference on Computational Physics 2011 . Oak Ridge National Laboratory; Gatlinburg, Tennessee. 2011-10-30 - 2011-11-03.