Background and activities
- Numerical simulations of transport in the ocean
- Advection-diffusion problems
- Lagrangian particle methods
- Numerical integration of ordinary and stochastic differential equations
- Modelling pollution such as oil, plastics, nanoparticles, etc.
- Light scattering from rough surfaces
- Spring 2021: TFY4235/FY8904 Computational Physics
- Autumn 2017: FY2045 Quantum Mechanics I
- Autumn 2016: TFY4305 - Non-linear Dynamics
- Spring 2016: TFY4235/FY8904 Computational Physics
- Autumn 2015: FY2045 Quantum Mechanics I
- Spring 2011: FY0001 Service Course in Physics
- Spring 2010: FY0001 Service Course in Physics
- Spring 2009: FY0001 Service Course in Physics
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2020) High-resolution numerical modelling of a marine mine tailings discharge in Western Norway. Regional Studies in Marine Science. vol. 39.
- (2020) Numerical integrators for Lagrangian oceanography. Geoscientific Model Development. vol. 13 (12).
- (2020) Modelling of oil thickness in the presence of an ice edge. Marine Pollution Bulletin. vol. 156.
- (2020) Modelling biodegradation of crude oil components at low temperatures. Chemosphere. vol. 254.
- (2020) Advancing Ocean Observation with an AI-driven Mobile Robotic Explorer. Oceanography. vol. 33 (3).
- (2020) The fate of hydrocarbon leaks from plugged and abandoned wells by means of natural seepages. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. vol. 196.
- (2019) Improving oil spill trajectory modelling in the Arctic. Marine Pollution Bulletin. vol. 140.
- (2019) Numerical analysis of boundary conditions in a Lagrangian particle model for vertical mixing, transport and surfacing of buoyant particles in the water column. Ocean Modelling. vol. 136.
- (2019) On the use of random walk schemes in oil spill modelling. Marine Pollution Bulletin. vol. 146.
- (2019) Fate of Hydrocarbon Leaks From Plugged and Abandoned Wells Compared to Natural Seepages. ASME 2019 38th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering (OMAE2019): Volume 8: Polar and Arctic Sciences and Technology; Petroleum Technology.
- (2018) Spreading of waxy oils on calm water. Marine Pollution Bulletin. vol. 129 (1).
- (2018) Oil Spill Contingency and Response Modelling in Ice-Covered Waters. Proceedings of the Forty-first AMOP Technical Seminar, Environment and Climate Change Canada Ottawa, ON, Canada.
- (2018) The effect of vertical mixing on the horizontal drift of oil spills. Ocean Science. vol. 14 (6).
- (2017) Numerical studies of the transmission of light through a two-dimensional randomly rough interface. Physical Review A. Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics (PRA). vol. 95 (4).
- (2017) Numerical Integration and Interpolation in Marine Pollutant Transport Modelling. AMOP Technical Seminar on Environmental Contamination and Response - 2008 - 2017.
- (2017) Impact of climate change and seasonal trends on the fate of Arctic oil spills. Ambio.
- (2016) Experimental and numerical studies of the scattering of light from a two-dimensional randomly rough interface in the presence of total internal reflection: Optical Yoneda peaks. Optics Express. vol. 24 (23).
- (2016) Numerical studies of the scattering of light from a two-dimensional randomly rough interface between two dielectric media. Physical Review A. Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics (PRA). vol. 93 (5).
- (2014) Imitating the inimitable: attempts to complete Edwin Drood. The Mystery of Edwin Drood: Solutions and Resolutions . The Victorian Popular Fiction Association; Senate House, London. 2014-09-20.
- (2014) Numerical solutions of the Rayleigh equations for the scattering of light from a two-dimensional randomly rough perfectly conducting surface. Optical Society of America. Journal A: Optics, Image Science, and Vision (JOSA A). vol. 31 (5).
- (2013) Coherent effects in the scattering of light from two-dimensional rough metal surfaces. Journal of the Optical Society of America A. vol. 30 (6).
- (2013) Validity of the Rayleigh hypothesis for two-dimensional randomly rough metal surfaces. Journal of Physics: Conference Series. vol. 454.
- (2013) Fysikktime med Jon Hustad. Dag og Tid.
- (2013) Numerical Simulations of Scattering of Light from Two-Dimensional Rough Surfaces Using the Reduced Rayleigh Equation. Frontiers in Physics. vol. 1.
- (2012) Calculation of the Mueller matrix for scattering of light from two-dimensional rough surfaces. Physical Review A. Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics (PRA). vol. 86 (3).
- (2012) Satellite peaks in the scattering of light from the two-dimensional randomly rough surface of a dielectric film on a planar metal surface. Optics Express. vol. 20 (10).
- (2012) The Validity of the Reduced Rayleigh Equation. Conference on Computational Physics 2012 . Osaka University, Kyoto University, Kobe University, m.fl.; Kobe. 2012-10-14 - 2012-10-18.
- (2011) The scattering of light from two-dimensional randomly rough surfaces. Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering. vol. 8172 (1).
- (2011) Numerical simulations of scattering of light from two-dimensional surfaces using the Reduced Rayleigh Equation. Conference on Computational Physics 2011 . Oak Ridge National Laboratory; Gatlinburg, Tennessee. 2011-10-30 - 2011-11-03.