Tora Skeidsvoll Solheim
Background and activities
Consultant in Medical and Radiation Oncology at the Cancer Clinic at St. Olav's Hospital.
Professor, Department of clinical and molecular medicine, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Cand.med, University of Bergen 2002
- PhD, NTNU 2014
- Specialist in Medical and Radiation Oncology, 2015
- Cancer cachexia: Treatment, classification and pathophysiology
- Palliative care
- Brain tumors
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) 18F-FACBC PET/MRI in the evaluation of human brain metastases: a case report. European Journal of Hybrid Imaging. vol. 5 (1).
- (2021) Spiritual quality of life in family carers of patients with advanced cancer—a cross-sectional study. Supportive Care in Cancer. vol. 29.
- (2021) Interventions and symptom relief in hospital palliative cancer care: results from a prospective longitudinal study. Supportive Care in Cancer.
- (2020) Power comparisons and clinical meaning of outcome measures in assessing treatment effect in cancer cachexia: secondary analysis from a randomised pilot multimodal intervention trial. Frontiers in Nutrition. vol. 7:602775.
- (2020) Exercise and nutrition interventions in patients with head and neck cancer during curative treatment: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Nutrients. vol. 12:3233 (11).
- (2020) Physical rehabilitation in patients with head and neck cancer: Impact on health-related quality of life and suitability of a post-treatment program. Laryngoscope Investigative Otolaryngology (LIO). vol. 5 (2).
- (2020) Reduced LDL-Cholesterol and Reduced Total Cholesterol as Potential Indicators of Early Cancer in Male Treatment-Naïve Cancer Patients With Pre-cachexia and Cachexia. Frontiers in Oncology.
- (2019) Patient interpretation of the Patient-Generated Subjective Global Assessment (PG-SGA) Short Form. Patient Preference and Adherence. vol. 13.
- (2019) A systematic review examining nutrition support interventions in patients with incurable cancer. Supportive Care in Cancer.
- (2019) Food intake by Patient-Generated Subjective Global Assessment (PG-SGA) corresponds to energy and protein intake as well as weight change in patients with advanced cancer. Clinical Nutrition Experimental. vol. 25.
- (2019) Nutritional experiences in head and neck cancer patients. European Journal of Cancer Care. vol. 28 (6).
- (2019) Combining optimal nutrition and exercise in a multimodal approach for patients with active cancer and risk for losing weight: Rationale and practical approach. Nutrition - The International Journal of Applied and Basic Nutritional Sciences. vol. 67-68:110541.
- (2019) Deterioration in muscle mass and physical function differs according to weight loss history in cancer cachexia. Cancers. vol. 11 (12).
- (2019) Pain management index (PMI)-does it reflect cancer patients' wish for focus on pain?. Supportive Care in Cancer.
- (2019) Effects of current parenteral nutrition treatment on health-related quality of life, physical function, nutritional status, survival and adverse events exclusively in patients with advanced cancer: A systematic literature review. Critical Reviews in Oncology/Hematology. vol. 139.
- (2019) A prospective study examining cachexia predictors in patients with incurable cancer. BMC Palliative Care. vol. 18:46.
- (2018) Cancer cachexia: Rationale for the MENAC (Multimodal - Exercise, Nutrition and Anti-inflammatory medication for Cachexia) trial. BMJ Supportive & Palliative Care. vol. 8.
- (2018) Multimodal behandling av kakeksi hos kreftpasienter. Bestpractice Onkologi/Hematologi. vol. 36.
- (2018) The Palliative Radiotherapy and Inflammation Study (PRAIS) - Protocol for a longitudinal observational multicenter study on patients with cancer induced bone pain. BMC Palliative Care. vol. 17 (110).
- (2018) Disulfiram repurposing combined with nutritional copper supplement as add-on to chemotherapy in recurrent glioblastoma (DIRECT): Study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. F1000 Research. vol. 7.