Tor Arne Johansen
Background and activities
Tor Arne Johansen is a professor at the Department of Engineering Cybernetics. He has a MSc (1989) and a PhD (1994) in Engineering Cybernetics from NTNU.
Professor Johansen is also a key scientist at the Centre for Autonomous Marine Operations and Systems (AMOS).
See: http://folk.ntnu.no/torarnj/ for more information.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Software Development and Integration of a Hyperspectral Imaging Payload for HYPSO-1. IEEE Xplore digital library.
- (2022) Testing of Software-Intensive Hyperspectral Imaging Payload for the HYPSO-1 CubeSat. IEEE Xplore digital library.
- (2022) ENC-based Anti-Grounding and Anti-Collision System for a Wave-Propelled USV. OCEANS.
- (2021) Experimental Validation of a Nonlinear Wave Encounter Frequency Estimator Onboard a Wave-Propelled USV. IFAC-PapersOnLine.
- (2021) Detection of objects on the ocean surface from a UAV with visual and thermal cameras: A machine learning approach. International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems (ICUAS).
- (2021) Analysis and Model Development of Direct Hyperspectral Chlorophyll-A Estimation for Remote Sensing Satellites. Workshop on Hyperspectral Image and Signal Processing, Evolution in Remote Sensing.
- (2021) Adaptive Underwater Robotic Sampling of Dispersal Dynamics in the Coastal Ocean. Springer Tracts in Advanced Robotics.
- (2021) Risk-Based Model Predictive Control for Autonomous Ship Emergency Management. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 53 (2).
- (2021) Electronic Navigational Charts for Visualization, Simulation, and Autonomous Ship Control. IEEE Access.
- (2021) Atmospheric Correction of Hyperspectral Data Over Coastal Waters Based on Machine Learning Models. Workshop on Hyperspectral Image and Signal Processing, Evolution in Remote Sensing.
- (2021) Reinforcement Learning of the Prediction Horizon in Model Predictive Control. IFAC-PapersOnLine.
- (2021) Optimization of the Model Predictive Control Update Interval Using Reinforcement Learning. IFAC-PapersOnLine.
- (2021) Accelerating Reinforcement Learning with Suboptimal Guidance. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 53 (2).
- (2021) Robust Reduced-Attitude Control of Fixed-Wing UAVs using a Generalized Multivariable Super-Twisting Algorithm. International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems (ICUAS).
- (2021) A Satellite-USV System for Persistent Observation of Mesoscale Oceanographic Phenomena. Remote Sensing.
- (2021) Self-organizing maps for clustering hyperspectral images on-board a cubesat. Remote Sensing. vol. 13 (20).
- (2021) Multiple Model Predictive Control for nonlinear systems based on Self-balanced Multi-model Decomposition. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research.
- (2021) Hyperspectral Image Processing Pipelines on Multiple Platforms for Coordinated Oceanographic Observation. Workshop on Hyperspectral Image and Signal Processing, Evolution in Remote Sensing.
- (2021) Detecting Pinholes in Coatings with Hyperspectral Imaging. Workshop on Hyperspectral Image and Signal Processing, Evolution in Remote Sensing.
- (2021) Control System Architecture for Automatic Recovery of Fixed-Wing Unmanned Aerial Vehicles in a Moving Arrest System. Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems. vol. 103 (73).