Background and activities
Civil engineer (1982) Dep. Silicate and High-Temperature Chem., NTH. Dr.Ing. (1988) Dep. Phys. Chem., NTH.
Tore Haug-Warberg was educated from the Laboratory of Silicate and High-Temperature Chemistry at NTH (Norway) in 1982. He earned his doctor’s degree on thermodynamic equilibrium computations in 1988, and has since served many years as a teacher at the Telemark University College and Norwegian University of Technology and Science. He has also broad experience from industrial research (Institute of Energy Technology, Norwegian Defence Office, Norsk Hydro and Yara International), where he has worked on the theoretical aspects of process simulation tools (CADAS, Yasim), world wide energy reporting program (HERE) and heterogeneous chemical equilibria. He is today an associate Professor in thermodynamics at the Department of Chemical Engineering, NTNU (Norway). The main research topics are generalized equilibrium calculations and algebraic representation of thermodynamic models using object-oriented programming in for instance Ruby or Julia (future plans).
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Implementation of chemical reaction equilibrium by Gibbs and Helmholtz energies in tubular reactor models: Application to steam-methane reforming process. Chemical Engineering Science. vol. 140.
- (2014) Modelling CO2 - water mixture thermodynamics using various equations of state (EoSs) with emphasis on the potential of the SPUNG EoS. Chemical Engineering Science. vol. 113.
- (2013) AMP-CO2-water thermodynamics, a combination of UNIQUAC model, computational chemsitry and experimental data. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 18.
- (2013) eNRTL Parameter Fitting Procedure for Blended Amine Systems: MDEA-PZ Case Study. Energy Procedia. vol. 37.
- (2012) Evaluation of parameter fitting procedures for rigorous equilibrium model development. Energy Procedia. vol. 23.
- (2012) Ontology approach to model construction. Computer-aided chemical engineering. vol. 30.
- (2012) Utilisation of Computer Science Design Patterns in Chemical Engineering. Computer-aided chemical engineering. vol. 31.
- (2011) Solubility of CO2 in 15, 30, 45 and 60 mass% MEA from 40 to 120°C and model representation using the extended UNIQUAC framework. Chemical Engineering Science. vol. 66 (24).
- (2011) Equilibrium absorption of carbon dioxide by amino acid salt and amine amino acid salt solutions. Energy Procedia. vol. 4.
- (2011) Vapor-liquid equilibrium in amino acid salt system: Experiments and modeling. Chemical Engineering Science. vol. 66 (10).
- (2010) The refined e-NRTL model applied to CO2-H2O-alkanolamine systems. Chemical Engineering Science. vol. 65 (11).
- (2010) Vapor-liquid equilibrium in the sodium carbonate-sodium bicarbonate-water-CO2-system. Chemical Engineering Science. vol. 65 (6).
- (2009) Thermodynamic models for CO2-O2O-alkanolamine systems, a discussion. Energy Procedia. vol. 1.
- (2009) Enthalpies of Absorption of CO2 in Aqueous Alkanolamine Solutions fro e-NRTL Model. Energy Procedia. vol. 1.
- (2009) Enthalpy of absorption of CO2 with alkanolamine solutions predicted from reaction equilibrium constants. Chemical Engineering Science. vol. 64 (9).
- (2009) Generating Portable, High-Level Process Models and Stand-Alone, Special-Purpose Simulators. Computer-aided chemical engineering. vol. 27.
- (1999) A large-scale energy reporting system for the process industry. ?.
- (2006) Den termodynamiske arbeidsboken. 2006. ISBN 82-300-0205-3.
- (2004) TMT4140 Anvendt termodynamikk. Tapir Akademisk Forlag. 2004.
- (2017) Fra jern til rust til maling og tilbake. 2017.