Tore Brandstveit Haugen
Background and activities
Tore Haugen is professor in architectural management and facilities management at Faculty of Architecture and Fine Art, NTNU .
Tore Haugen is professor in architectural management and facilities management at NTNU – The Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Department of Architectural Design and Management. Haugen was full time employed dean of Faculty of Architecture and Fine Art August 2005 – July 2013.
Haugen finished his doctor degree at NTNU in 1990, combined with studies at the University of California, Berkeley and at the Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm.
- During the periode1982 – 1994 as a researcher and manager at SINTEF Architecture and Building Technology responsible for a number of research projects in the area of Energy Conservation in the built environment and Building maintenance and modernization.
- Project director for SIB- The Integrated Building Process 1996-1999. SIB was a multidisciplinary large R&D-project jointly funded by the Norwegian Research Council and four key players in the Norwegian building and construction industry: ABB Installation AS, IGP AS, L.A. Lund AS and Veidekke ASA. Total budget 64 million NOK. NTNU was the academic partner in the project.
- International R&D co-operation within Architectural Management and Facilities Management with Chalmers, KTH, CFM - Salford University, HUT, TU Delft, Lafayette, Paris, TU München.
- In 2001 Haugen established the Norwegian Centre for Real Estate and Facilities Management at NTNU (https://www.ntnu.no/metamorfose). The activity has led to the development of two new master programs offered at NTNU from 2005 and a number of R&D projects the area of Facilities Management and Real Estate.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Exploring urban facilities management approaches to increase connectivity in smart cities. Facilities.
- (2019) Shaping Tomorrow's Facilities Management. Facilities. vol. 37 (7-8).
- (2019) Bridging the gap between sustainable FM and sustainable buildings an exploratory study of six public buildings in Norway. Facilities.
- (2018) Green leasing in commercial real estate. The drivers and barriers for owners and tenants of sustainable office buildings. Journal of Corporate Real Estate. vol. 20 (4).
- (2018) Developing sustainable energy efficient buildings – a transnational knowledge transfer experience between Norway and Kosovo. Studies in Higher Education. vol. 45 (2).
- (2017) In-house or Outsourcing FM Services in the Public Sector: A Review of 25 Years Research and Development. Journal of Facilities Management. vol. 15 (3).
- (2017) Measuring perception about sustainability of building materials in Kosovo. Facilities. vol. 35 (7-8).
- (2016) Green leasing in theory and practice: A study focusing on the drivers and barriers for owners and tenants of commercial offices. Raportti (Tampereen teknillinen yliopisto. Rakennustuotanto ja -talous).
- (2016) Developing sustainable energy efficient buildings – A transnational knowledge transfer experience between Norway and Kosovo. Raportti (Tampereen teknillinen yliopisto. Rakennustuotanto ja -talous). vol. 5.
- (2016) Internal rent – experiences from public sector in Norway. Facilities. vol. 34 (1/2).
- (2016) Learning From SamBIM - A Norwegian Innovation Project About BIM-driven Collaboration in Ambitious Building Projects. Raportti (Tampereen teknillinen yliopisto. Rakennustuotanto ja -talous). vol. 5.
- (2016) Sustainability by improving energy efficiency in traditional housing in Kosovo. Raportti (Tampereen teknillinen yliopisto. Rakennustuotanto ja -talous). vol. 1.
- (2011) ARCHITECTURE BETWEEN ART AND SCIENCE - Architectural education for the 21th century. CONDITIONS magazine. vol. 8.
- (2008) What did you learn from practice today? Exploring experiences from a Danish R&D effort in digital construction. Advanced Engineering Informatics.
- (2007) Guest editorial. CIB W070 2006 Trondheim International Symposium: Meeting Changing User Demands through Adapability. Facilities. vol. 25 (3/4).
- (2006) Procurement routes in public building and construction projects. Journal of construction engineering and management. vol. 132.
- (2004) Selected papers from EuroFM Copenhagen 2004. Facilities. vol. 22 (11/12).
- (2003) Contracting out Property and Facilities Services in Norwegian Municipalities. Nordic Journal of Surveying and Real Estate Research. vol. 1.
- (2020) Eiendomsforvaltning. Facility management. Fagbokforlaget. 2020. ISBN 9788245033021.
- (2019) Urban Facilities Management in Smart Cities. 2019. ISBN 978-962-367-821-6.