Valdemar Erik Robert Grill
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Physical Activity, Genetic Susceptibility, and the Risk of Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults and Type 2 Diabetes. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. vol. 105 (11).
- (2019) Impact of a FTO gene risk variant on variables of energy metabolism in adults with obesity class 2 and 3. Metabolism: Clinical and Experimental. vol. 1.
- (2019) LADA: A type of diabetes in its own right?. Current diabetes reviews. vol. 15 (3).
- (2019) A form of autoimmune diabetes in adults named LADA - An update on essential features and controversies. Current diabetes reviews. vol. 15 (3).
- (2019) Investigating optimal β-cell-preserving treatment in latent autoimmune diabetes in adults: Results from a 21-month randomized trial. Diabetes, obesity and metabolism. vol. 21 (10).
- (2019) Interaction between overweight and genotypes of HLA, TCF7L2, and FTO in relation to the risk of latent autoimmune diabetes in adults and type 2 diabetes. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. vol. 104 (10).
- (2019) Increased uptake of oxLDL does not exert lipotoxic effects in insulin-secreting cells. Journal of Molecular Endocrinology. vol. 62 (4).
- (2018) The association of basal insulin treatment versus standard care with outcomes in anti-GAD positive and negative subjects: A post-hoc analysis of the ORIGIN trial. Diabetes, obesity and metabolism. vol. 21 (2).
- (2018) First genome-wide association study of latent autoimmune diabetes in adults reveals novel insights linking immune and metabolic diabetes. Diabetes Care. vol. 41 (11).
- (2018) Overweight, obesity and the risk of LADA: results from a Swedish case?control study and the Norwegian HUNT Study. Diabetologia. vol. 61 (6).
- (2018) Elevations of metabolic risk factors 20 years or more before diagnosis of type 2 diabetes: Experience from the AMORIS study. Diabetes, obesity and metabolism. vol. 20 (6).
- (2017) Assessing gene-environment interaction effects of FTO, MC4R and lifestyle factors on obesity using an extreme phenotype sampling design: Results from the HUNT study. PLOS ONE. vol. 12 (4).
- (2017) Hyperoxia reduces insulin release and induces mitochondrial dysfunction with possible implications for hyperoxic treatment of neonates. Physiological Reports. vol. 5 (19).
- (2017) Family history of type 1 and type 2 diabetes and risk of latent autoimmune diabetes in adults (LADA). Diabetes & Metabolism. vol. 43 (6).
- (2017) Use of Swedish smokeless tobacco (snus) and the risk of Type 2 diabetes and latent autoimmune diabetes of adulthood (LADA). Diabetic Medicine. vol. 34 (4).
- (2016) Prevalence of thyroid dysfunction in autoimmune and type 2 diabetes: The population-based HUNT Study in Norway. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. vol. 101 (2).
- (2016) Culture at low glucose up-regulates mitochondrial function in pancreatic β cells with accompanying effects on viability. Islets. vol. 8 (6).
- (2016) Autoimmune diabetes in adults and risk of myocardial infarction: the HUNT study in Norway. Journal of Internal Medicine. vol. 280 (5).
- (2016) Smoking and the risk of LADA: Results from a Swedish population-based case-control study. Diabetes Care. vol. 39 (5).
- (2015) Mitochondrial respiration in insulin-producing β-cells: General characteristics and adaptive effects of hypoxia. PLOS ONE.