Background and activities
2018 – current Professor, Department of Industrial Economics and Technology Management, Norwegian University of Science and Technology;
2013 – 2018 Associate Professor, Department of Industrial Economics and Technology Management, Norwegian University of Science and Technology;
2012 – 2013 Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Department of Operations, HEC, Université de Lausanne;
2011 - 2012 Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Department of Mathematics, Instituto Superior Técnico and CEMAT, University of Lisbon.
2008 – 2011 PhD Economics, Tilburg University, The Netherlands;
2003 – 2008 Dipl.-Ing. (5-year degree) Technical Mathematics, Technische Universität Graz, Austria;
2006 – 2007 MSc Quantitative Finance and Actuarial Sciences, Tilburg University, The Netherlands.
SUPERVISION (main, current)
Olga Noshchenko, main supervisor, NTNU (Sep 2021 - )
Semyon Fedorov, main supervisor, NTNU (Sep 2018 - )
Roel Nagy, main supervisor, NTNU (Feb 2018 - )
Several master theses at NTNU
Investment under uncertainty in the future energy system: The role of expectations and learning (InvestExL), Competence building project with industry (ENERGIX-program of the Research Council of Norway), 2017-2021, (Project leader).
- IØ8810 - Winter School - Planning Under Uncertainty
- TIØ4900 - Financial Engineering, Master's Thesis
- TIØ4550 - Financial Engineering, Specialization Project
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Marine minerals' role in future holistic mineral resource management. Geological Society Special Publication.
- (2022) Transmission investment under uncertainty: Reconciling private and public incentives. European Journal of Operational Research.
- (2021) Mothballing in a Duopoly: Evidence from a (Shale) Oil Market. Energy Economics. vol. 104.
- (2021) Stepwise Investment in Circular Plastics Under the Presence of Policy Uncertainty. Environmental and Resource Economics.
- (2021) Real options approach for a staged field development with optional wells. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. vol. 205.
- (2021) Capacity optimization of an innovating firm. International Journal of Production Economics. vol. 233.
- (2021) Policy uncertainty in Scandinavian countries. Economics Letters. vol. 209.
- (2021) Green capacity investment under subsidy withdrawal risk. Energy Economics. vol. 98.
- (2021) The impact of subsidy retraction on European renewable energy investments. Energy Policy. vol. 160.
- (2021) Optimal Risk Adoption and Capacity Investment in Technological Innovations. IEEE transactions on engineering management.
- (2020) Technology adoption in a declining market. European Journal of Operational Research. vol. 285 (1).
- (2020) Green investment under time-dependent subsidy retraction risk. Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control.
- (2020) Optimal timing and capacity choice under the rate-of-return renewable energy support. MethodsX. vol. 7.
- (2020) Optimal Risk Adoption and Capacity Investment in Disruptive Innovations. Social Science Research Network (SSRN).
- (2019) Green Electricity Investments: Environmental Target and the Optimal Subsidy. European Journal of Operational Research. vol. 279.
- (2019) Optimal investment decisions in lice-fighting technologies: A case study in Norway. Aquaculture. vol. 504.
- (2019) Investment timing and capacity choice under rate-of-return regulation for renewable energy support. Energy.
- (2018) Valuing Supply-Chain Responsiveness under Demand Jumps. Journal of Operations Management. vol. 61.
- (2018) Green investment under policy uncertainty and Bayesian learning. Energy. vol. 161.
- (2018) The impact of Norwegian-Swedish green certificate scheme on investment behavior: A wind energy case study. Energy Policy. vol. 123.