Background and activities
Main areas of research:
Innate immunity with emphasis on inflammation, especially
related to cardiovascular disease and diabetes or rheumatoid
arthritis. Measurement of markers of inflammation in blood samples,
and investigation of variation in genes related to inflammation and
how this affects the risk of disease. Inflammation caused by the use
of biomaterials (artificial materials used for medical treatment),
e.g. in heart-lung machines. Complications following open-heart surgery.
Areas of teaching:
Immunology, transfusion medicine, nutrition, basic statistics.
Publications in PubMed
More about the research group Inflammation and cardiovascular disease
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Brief Report: The Genetic Profile of Rheumatoid Factor?Positive Polyarticular Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis Resembles That of Adult Rheumatoid Arthritis. Arthritis & Rheumatology. vol. 70 (6).
- (2017) High-Intensity Interval Training in Patients with Heart Failure with Reduced Ejection Fraction. Circulation. vol. 135 (9).
- (2017) A Preoperative Multimarker Approach to Evaluate Acute Kidney Injury After Cardiac Surgery. Journal of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia. vol. 31 (3).
- (2017) Fine-mapping the MHC locus in juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA) reveals genetic heterogeneity corresponding to distinct adult inflammatory arthritic diseases. Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases. vol. 76 (4).
- (2017) Reduced Th22 cell proportion and prevention of atopic dermatitis in infants following maternal probiotic supplementation. Clinical and Experimental Allergy. vol. 47 (8).
- (2017) Transfusion of red blood cells in coronary surgery: is there an effect on long-term mortality when adjusting for risk factors and postoperative complications?. European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery. vol. 53 (5).
- (2017) Influence of Storage and inter- and intra-Assay Variability on the Measurement of Inflammatory Biomarkers in Population-Based Biobanking. Biopreservation and Biobanking. vol. 15 (6).
- (2017) Pentraxin 3, ficolin-2 and lectin pathway associated serine protease MASP-3 as early predictors of myocardial infarction - the HUNT2 study. Scientific Reports. vol. 7:430405.
- (2017) Self-reported diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis or ankylosing spondylitis has low accuracy: Data from the Nord-Trøndelag Health Study. Journal of Rheumatology. vol. 44 (8).
- (2016) Reduced Long-Term Relative Survival in Females and Younger Adults Undergoing Cardiac Surgery: A Prospective Cohort Study. PLoS ONE. vol. 11 (9).
- (2016) Økt relativ langtidsmortalitet blant kvinner og yngre voksne hjertekirurgiske pasienter. Vitenskapelige forhandlinger / De norske kirurgiske foreninger.
- (2016) Transfusjon av røde blodceller og langtidsmortalitet ved korornar bypass kirurgi hos voksne. Vitenskapelige forhandlinger / De norske kirurgiske foreninger.
- (2015) Neopterin predicts cardiac dysfunction following cardiac surgery. Interactive Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery. vol. 21 (5).
- (2015) Safety and retention of combination triple disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs in new-onset rheumatoid arthritis. Internal medicine journal (Print). vol. 45 (12).
- (2015) Prediction of Bleeding after Cardiac Surgery: Comparison of Model Performances: A Prospective Observational Study. Journal of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia. vol. 29 (2).
- (2015) Genetic variation influences the risk of bleeding after cardiac surgery: Novel associations and validation of previous findings. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. vol. 59 (6).
- (2015) Analysis of the MHC region in a large cohort of juvenile idiopathic arthritis cases identifies independent effects at HLA-DRB1 for the most common subtypes of JIA. Annual European Congress of Rheumatology, Fiera di Roma, Rome, Italy, 10 - 13 June 2015. Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases. vol. 74.
- (2015) Association of CLEC16A with human common variable immunodeficiency disorder and role in murine B cells. Nature Communications. vol. 6.
- (2015) Predictors of beneficial coronary plaque changes after aerobic exercise. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 47 (11).
- (2015) Fine mapping of the CHR 22q13.1 juvenile idiopathic arthritis risk locus. Annual European Congress of Rheumatology, Fiera di Roma, Rome, Italy, 10 - 13 June 2015. Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases. vol. 74.