Background and activities
Member of committee for Eurocode 7 - SN/ k066 – geotechnical evaluations
Expert Advisory Member
of the INDNOR (Indo-Norwegian) Program committee
Research Council of Norway
Leader, Sub-project: Slope Stability and landslide challenges in sensitive soft clays
A National R&D program on Natural Hazards-Infrastructure, Flood and Slide”
By Norwegian Water Resources and Energy Directorate (NVE), Norwegian National Railways Administration (NNRA) and NPRA
Leader of the governing board of Geotechnical Association in Trondheim
Geotechnical Association in Trondheim
Participant – Global Future
Leader development program by NHO.
Courses at the Norwegian Business Management School (BI) in Trondheim
The confederation of Norwegian Enterprise (NHO)
SINTEF Building and Infrastructure
Officially appointed examiner
University College Sogn and Fjordane
Editor, review works and International advisory works
1. Associate Editor of the International Journal- Environmental Geotechnics by the ICE publishing house. (http://www.icevirtuallibrary.com/content/serial/envgeo) 2013 - 2016.
2. Editor - Conference proceeding on “ Landslide in sensitive clays – A national level initiative» (Kvikkleire- en nasjonal satsing på sikkerhet i kvikkleireomåder”) in 2012 Trondheim, Norway ISBN- 978-82-410-0821-4 (120 pages)
3. Chairman of the 2nd International workshop in landslide in sensitive clays to be arranged in Norway in 2017.
4. Member of International Scientific Committees/International Advisory Committee- 2nd International Conference on Transportation Geotechnics (2nd ICTG), 2013, Hokkaido, Japan
5. Member of International Scientific Committees/International Advisory Committee- 14th 3rd International Conference on Transportation Geotechnics (3rd ICTG), 04-07 September 2016, Guimarães - Portugal
6. Co-Chair: Indo-Norwegian conference (2008) “Waste Management in India”, New Delhi, India
7. Co-Chair: Indo-Norwegian Conference- 2010 “Environmental Friendly Strategy Related to Waste Management in India utilising Cement and Concrete Production Technology”, NEERI, Nagpur, India
8. Co-Chair: Indo-Norwegian Conference- 2011 “Sustainable Application of mineral wastes”, New Delhi, India
9. Review work related to several Journals including ASTM-Geotechnical Testing Journal, Springer journal KSCE (Korean Society for Civil Engineers), Environmental Geotechnics by ICE.
10. Member of International Scientific Committees/International Advisory Committee- 14th IACMAG (2014), International workshop on landslides in Sensitive clays (IWLSC, 2013), 13th IACMAG (2012), 7th NUMGE (2010)
11. Member of International Scientific Committees/International Advisory Committee- 12th IACMAG (2008), Goa, India
12. Member of International Scientific Committees/International Advisory Committee- 13th IACMAG (2011), Melbourne, Australia
13. Member of International Scientific Committees/International Advisory Committee- 14th IACMAG (2014), Kyoto, Japan
14. Member of International Scientific Committees/International Advisory Committee- 1st International workshop on landslides in Sensitive clays (IWLSC, 2013), Quebec, Canada
15. Member of International Scientific Committees/International Advisory Committee- 7th I
European Conference on Numerical Methods in Geotechnical Engineering,NUMGE (2010), Trondheim, Norway
16. Reviewer - 12th IACMAG (2008), Goa, India
17. Reviewer - 13th IACMAG (2011), Melbourne, Australia
18. Reviewer -- 14th IACMAG (2014), Kyoto, Japan
19. Reviewer - 1st International workshop on landslides in Sensitive clays (IWLSC, 2013), Quebec, Canada
20. Reviewer - 2nd International Conference on Transportation Geotechnics (2nd ICTG), 2013, Hokkaido, Japan
21. Reviewer – Transport Research Arena, 2014, Paris, France
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2017) An attempt to monitor pore pressure changes in a block sample during and after sampling. Geotechnique Letters. vol. 7 (2).
- (2016) Sample disturbances in block samples on low plastic soft clays. Proceedings of the 17th Nordic Geotechnical Meeting.
- (2016) Engineering characterization of a leached marine clay using Sherbrooke block samples. In pursuit of best practice - Conference proceedings.
- (2016) Interdepartmental Research Programme on Natural Hazards: Infrastructure, Floods and Slides (NIFS). Natural disasters and societal safety.
- (2015) On engineering characterisation of a low plastic sensitive soft clay. GeoQuebec2015 - Challenges from North to South.
- (2015) Comparison of Two Sample Quality Assessment Methods Applied to Oedometer Test Results. Proceedings of the 6th International Symposium on Deformation Characteristics of Geomaterials.
- (2015) Valg av karakteristisk cuA – profil basert på felt – og laboratorieundersøkelser. 2015. ISBN 978-82-410-1028-6.
- (2015) Can we assess the effect of storage time on fine-grained soil samples?. Environmental Geotechnics. vol. 2 (4).
- (2015) INTERPRETATION OF UNDRAINED SHEAR STRENGTH OF SOFT MARINE CLAY DEPOSITS BASED ON LABORATORY AND IN-SITU TESTING METHODS. 50th Indian Geotechnical Conference . Indian Geotechnical Society; Pune. 2015-12-17 - 2015-12-19.
- (2015) INTERPRETATION OF UNDRAINED SHEAR STRENGTH OF SOFT MARINE CLAY DEPOSITS BASED ON LABORATORY AND IN-SITU TESTING METHODS. Conference Proceedings for 50th Indian Geotechnical Conference.
- (2015) In-situ determination of disintegration energy of sensitiv clays. 68 th Canadian Geotechnical Conference and 7 th Canadian Permafrost Conference . Canadian Geotechnical Society; Quebec. 2015-11-20 - 2015-11-23.
- (2015) Introduction to Geo-environmental engineering. GIAN course on Modern Geotechnical Engineering . National Institute of Technology Raipur; Raipur. 2015-12-25 - 2015-12-25.
- (2014) Effect of Strain-Softening in Design of Fills on Gently Inclined Areas with Soft Sensitive Clays. Landslides in Sensitive Clays - From Geosciences to Risk Management.
- (2014) Quickness test approach for assessment of flow slide potentials. Geotechnical Engineering. vol. 45 (1).
- (2014) Characterization of Post-failure Movements of Landslides. Landslides in Sensitive Clays - From Geosciences to Risk Management.
- (2014) How Well Do We Understand the Undrained Strain Softening Response in Soft Sensitive Clays?. Landslides in Sensitive Clays - From Geosciences to Risk Management.
- (2014) A preliminary study of rheological models for run-out distance modelling of sensitive clay debris. Numerical Methods in Geotechnical Engineering: Proceedings of the 8th European Conference on Numerical Methods in Geotechnical Engineering, Delft, The Netherlands, 18-20 June 2014.
- (2013) Orientation of locally drained shear bands in contractant clays. International Journal of Geotechnical Engineering. vol. 7 (3).
- (2013) Disintegration energy of sensitive clays. Geotechnique Letters. vol. 3 (1).
- (2012) Quickness of sensitive clays. Geotechnique Letters. vol. 2 (3).
- (2008) The Verdal and Rissa landslides - Application of case histories in education. 6th Int Conference on Case Histories in Geotechnical Engineering ; Arlington. 2008-08-11 - 2008-08-16.
- (2008) Pile movements induced instability of engineered slopes. 12th Int Conference of International Assoc for Computer Methods and Advances in Geomechanics . IACMAG; Goa. 2008-10-01 - 2008-10-06.
- (2008) Modelling of Orientation of Partly Drained Shear Band. 12th IACMAG . Indian Institute of Technology; Goa. 2008-10-01 - 2008-10-06.
- (2008) Extended Element Modelling (X-FEM) of progressive sliding in geomaterials. Nordisk Geoteknikermøte nr.15, Proceedings.
- (2007) On the onset and propagation of shear bank in undrained geomaterials (5 p). 8th Int Conference on the Analysis of Discontinuous Deformation ICADD/ . ICADD7; Beijing. 2007-05-10 - 2007-05-12.
- (2007) Modeling undrained instability in geomaterial using an extended finite element method (PUM/XFEM). The rode of geomechanics in the stability of development of mining industry and civil engineering.
- (2007) Strain Localization in Sensitive Soft Clays. 2007. ISBN 9788247139097. Doktoravhandlinger ved NTNU (2007-178).
- (2007) Kinematics of shear zone deformation in soft sensitive clays. Bifurcation, Instabilities and Degradation in Geomechanics.
- (2007) Evaluation of various pedo-transfer functions for developing soil-water characteristic curve of a silty soil. ASTM geotechnical testing journal. vol. 30 (1).
- (2006) Rate dependent elastoplastic deformation of shear band in sensitive clays. Electronic journal of geotechnical engineering. vol. 10.
- (2006) Calculation of shear band thickness in sensitive clays. Numerical Methods in Geotechnical Engineering.
- (2006) Instability in soft sensitive clays. 2006 ECI Conference on Geohazards . ECI (http://services.bepress.com/eci/geohazards/43); Lillehammer. 2006-06-18 - 2006-06-21.
- (2006) Phenomenological issues related to strain localization in sensitive clays. Geotechnical and Geological Engineering. vol. 24.
- (2005) Experimental observation on formation and propagation of shear zone in Norwegian quick clay. Landslides and Avalanches, ICFL 2005 Norway.
- (2005) Study on pore water pressure dissipation during shear banding in sensitive clays. IACMAG, Prediction, analysis and design in geomechanical applications.
- (2005) Rapid determination of swelling pressure of clay minerals. Journal of Testing and Evaluation. vol. 33 (4).
- (2005) Parameters affecting soil-water characteristic curves of fine-grained soils. Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering. vol. 131 (4).
- (2004) Failure of geogrid reinforced structure: A critical review using Plaxis. International Conference on Geosynthetics and Geoenvironmental Engineering . Indian Institute of Technology Bombay; Bombay. 2004-12-08 - 2004-12-10.