Background and activities
I have been employed at Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) since 1991 and I am a Professor at the Department of Materials Science and Engineering.
Areas of speciality:
Solid state and inorganic chemistry
- TMT4166 - Experimental Materials Chemistry and Electrochemistry
- MT8309 - Ferroics - Materials synthesis, characterization and applications
- MT3901 - Special Syllabus for Master's Degree
- MT8218 - Advanced Materials Science
- TMT4100 - General Chemistry
- TMT4178 - Applied Materials Technology
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Removing fluoride-terminations from multilayered V2CTx MXene by gas hydrolyzation. ACS Omega. vol. 7 (27).
- (2022) Tuning the Thermoelectric Performance of CaMnO3-Based Ceramics by Controlled Exsolution and Microstructuring. ACS Applied Energy Materials.
- (2022) Cation inter-diffusion and formation of intermediate phases in CoO and La2NiO4+d diffusion couples. Materials Letters. vol. 310.
- (2021) Performance Study of MXene/Carbon Nanotube Composites for Current Collector- and Binder-Free Mg-S Batteries. ChemSusChem. vol. 14 (8).
- (2021) Phase relations and thermomechanical properties of (Gd2Zr2O7)1-x(YbSZ)x based thermal barrier coatings (0 ≤x≤ 0.98). Journal of Materials Research. vol. 36.
- (2020) Chemical stability of Ca3Co4−xO9+δ/CaMnO3−δ p–n junction for oxide-based thermoelectric generators. RSC Advances. vol. 10 (9).
- (2020) Dipentamethylene thiuram tetrasulfide-based cathodes for rechargeable magnesium batteries. ACS Applied Energy Materials. vol. 3.
- (2020) Are MXenes Suitable as Cathode Materials for Rechargeable Mg Batteries?. Sustainable Energy & Fuels. vol. 4 (6).
- (2020) Time-enhanced performance of oxide thermoelectric modules based on a hybrid p-n junction. ACS Omega. vol. 6 (1).
- (2020) Performance of a thermoelectric module based on n-type (La0.12Sr0.88)0.95TiO3-δ and p-type Ca3Co4-xO9+δ. Journal of Electronic Materials. vol. 49 (7).
- (2020) Hot corrosion of Gd2Zr2O7, Gd2Zr2O7/YbSZ, YSZ+Gd2Zr2O7/YbSZ, and YSZ thermal barrier coatings exposed to Na2SO4+V2O5. Surface & Coatings Technology. vol. 409.
- (2019) Thermoelectric properties of non-stoichiometric CaMnO3-d composites formed by redox-activated exsolution. Journal of the European Ceramic Society. vol. 40 (4).
- (2019) Thermoelectric properties of A-site deficient La-doped SrTiO3 at 100–900 °C under reducing conditions. Journal of the European Ceramic Society. vol. 40 (2).
- (2019) Triple-phase ceramic 2D nanocomposite with enhanced thermoelectric properties. Journal of the European Ceramic Society. vol. 39 (4).
- (2019) A comprehensive study on improved power materials for high-temperature thermoelectric generators. Journal of Power Sources. vol. 410-411.
- (2019) Thermoelectric Properties of Ca3Co2−xMnxO6 (x = 0.05, 0.2, 0.5, 0.75, and 1). Materials. vol. 12 (3).
- (2019) Structure, electrical conductivity and oxygen transport properties of perovskite-type oxides CaMn1−x−yTixFeyO3−δ. Physical Chemistry, Chemical Physics - PCCP. vol. 21 (39).
- (2019) Long term stability testing of oxide unicouple thermoelectric modules. Materials Today: Proceedings. vol. 8 (2).
- (2019) Diffusion couple study of the interaction between Cr2O3 and MnCo2O4 doped with Fe and Cu. Solid State Ionics. vol. 332.
- (2018) All-Oxide Thermoelectric Module with in Situ Formed Non-Rectifying Complex p-p-n Junction and Transverse Thermoelectric Effect. ACS Omega. vol. 3 (8).