Background and activities
- B.Sc. (1981), Geological Engineering, Central South University of Technology (CSUT), China.
- M.Sc. (1985), Geological Engineering, CSUT, China. Thesis title: Rock abrasiveness and classification in impregnated diamond drilling.
- Ph.D. (1996) Dept. of Civil and Mining Engineering, Luleå University of Technology (LUT), Sweden. Thesis title: Modelling of drill string buckling and rock fractures in rock drilling and indentation. Doctoral thesis 1996:197D.
- May 2014 – present: Seniorengineer at the Institutt for nevromedisin og bevegelsesvitenskap (INB), MH, NTNU
- Sept. 2007 – May 2014: Overengineer at the Institutt for bevegelsesvitenskap, SVT, NTNU
- Mar. 2007 – July 2007: Researcher at the Institutt for geologi og bergteknikk (IGB), NTNU
- Aug. 1999 – Dec. 2006: Research engineer at Dept. of Wireless Access Network, Ericsson research, Ericsson AB, Sweden.
- Aug. 1998 – June 1999: Engineer at Nåiden Teknik AB, Sweden.
- Sept. 1996 – Apr. 1997: Researcher at Div. of Mining Eng., Luleå Univ. of Tech., Sweden.
- Nov. 1984 – Sept. 1989: Lecture, Dept. of Geological Eng., Central South Univ. of Tech.,China
Competence and skills
- Administration and coordination of activities at human movement laboratories of NeXTMove core facility/INB
- Maintenance and operation of Movement/Exercise equipment and instrument (Forceplate, treadmills, Biodex system, Motion capture system, EMG system, respirometry apparatus, biomechanical sensors)
- Improvement and integration/adaptation of multi systems
- Design and order for mechanical and electronic solutions for customised requirement
- Support on teaching and research activities at the Movement/Exercise laboratories
- Instruction students in usage of the equipment
- Cooperation and supervision on international internship/visiting students on tasks related to technical performance and improvement on the equipment
- Following up and updating in Matlab for data processing, visualisation, presentation etc.
- Processing and analysis of physical activity data from body worn sensors
- Collection, processing of motion data and kinematics analysis (QTM, V3D)
- Processing and analysis of forceplate data for human balance and sport activity
- Processing and analysing video and image data of clinical observations and sport activity
Hobby and interests
- Body-minded physical activities
- Touring in nature (skiing, hiking)
Human movement measurement; Machinery and electronics; Sensor technology; Programming; Data processing; Clinical data analysis; Sport data analysis
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Is long-bout sedentary behaviour associated with long-Term glucose levels 3 months after acute ischaemic stroke? A prospective observational cohort study. BMJ Open. vol. 10 (11).
- (2018) Time spent lying, sitting, and upright during hospitalization after stroke: a prospective observation study. BMC Neurology. vol. 18:138.
- (2018) Exercise patterns in older adults instructed to follow moderate- or high-intensity exercise protocol - the generation 100 study. BMC Geriatrics. vol. 18 (1).
- (2016) Exergaming in older adults: Movement characteristics while playing stepping games. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 7:964.