Background and activities
Areas of speciality and Fields of responsibility: responsible for several microscope instruments, especially for characterization applications. More information available with further link at http://folk.ntnu.no/yingday/
Area of work
- BA at Central South University (CSU China)
- MSC at MRS Chinese Academy of Science (CAS China)
- PhD at MRS CAS
- Researcher at MRS CAS (1990-1992)
- Researcher at Okayama University of Science Japan (1992-1994)
- Postdoc at NIMS Tsukuba Japan (1997-1998)
- Postdoc at IFY NTNU (1998-2001)
- Researcher at IMT NTNU (2002-2005)
- Senior Engineer at IMA NTNU (2005- )
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of 6013 Aluminum Alloy Processed by a Combination of ECAP and Preaging Treatment. Materials Science Forum. vol. 877.
- (2016) Phase-structural transformations in a metal hydride battery anode La1.5Nd0.5MgNi9 alloy and its electrochemical performance. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy. vol. 41 (23).
- (2015) DSC analyses of static and dynamic precipitation of an Al-Mg-Si-Cu aluminum alloy. Progress in Natural Science. vol. 25 (2).
- (2014) Aging behavior and mechanical properties of 6013 aluminium alloy processed by severe plastic deformation. Transactions of Nonferrous Metals Society of China. vol. 24 (12).
- (2014) Characterization of microstructure and strain response in Ti−6Al−4V plasma weld deposited material by combined EBSD and in-situ tensile test. Transactions of Nonferrous Metals Society of China.
- (2014) Characterization of microstructure and strain response in Ti–6Al–4V plasma welding deposited material by combined EBSD and in-situ tensile test. Transactions of Nonferrous Metals Society of China. vol. 24 (12).
- (2013) Structure and mechanical properties of nanostructured Al-Mg alloys processed by severe plastic deformation. Journal of Materials Science. vol. 48 (13).
- (2013) Effect of heat treatment on the electrocatalytic properties of nano-structured Ru cores with Pt shells. Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry. vol. 704.
- (2013) Microstructural characterization of an Al-Mg-Si aluminium alloy processed by Equal Channel Angular Pressing. Materials Science Forum. vol. 745-746.
- (2013) Compact reactor for Fischer-Tropsch synthesis based on hierarchically structured Co catalysts: Towards better stability. Catalysis Today. vol. 215.
- (2012) Microstructure and mechanical properties of Al-xMg alloys processed by room temperature ECAP. Materials Science & Engineering: A. vol. 545.
- (2012) Deformation defects and electron irradiation effect in nanostructured Al-Mg alloy processed by severe plastic deformation. Transactions of Nonferrous Metals Society of China. vol. 22 (8).
- (2012) Guided self-assembly of nanostructured titanium oxide. Nanotechnology. vol. 23 (7).
- (2011) Synthesis of Supported Catalysts by Impregnation and Calcination of Low-Temperature Polymerizable Metal-Complexes. Topics in catalysis. vol. 54 (16-18).
- (2011) Quantitative Electron Microscopy of Cellulose Nanofibril Structures from Eucalyptus and Pinus radiata Kraft Pulp Fibers. Microscopy and Microanalysis. vol. 17 (4).
- (2011) Microstructural characterization and electrical properties of spray pyrolyzed conventionally sintered or hot-pressed BaZrO3 and BaZr0.9Y0.1O3-delta. Solid State Ionics. vol. 182 (1).
- (2011) Synthesis of anisometric KNbO3 and K0.5Na0.5NbO3 single crystals by chemical conversion of non-perovskite templates. CrysteEngComm. vol. 13 (5).
- (2011) Films made of cellulose nanofibrils: surface modification by adsorption of a cationic surfactant and characterization by computer-assisted electron microscopy. Journal of nanoparticle research. vol. 13 (2).
- (2011) Catalytic Consequence of the Interface Between Iron Catalysts and Foils in Synthesis of Aligned Nanocarbons on Foils. Topics in catalysis. vol. 54 (13-15).
- (2011) Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis onHierarchically Structured Cobalt Nanoparticle/Carbon Nanofiber/Carbon Felt Composites. ChemSusChem. vol. 4 (7).