Background and activities
Note PhD students taking SO8003: If you intend to deliver a paper not using linear or binary logistic regression as a main analytical technique, please take contact with me early in the semester in order to clarify supervising and evaluation of the paper.
SOS3003 - Applied Social Statistics
SOS3005 - Quantitative Methods
SOS8003 - Applied Social Statistics
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Temporary Labour-Migration System and Long-term Residence Strategies in the United Arab Emirates. International migration (Geneva. Print). vol. 58 (1).
- (2018) Temporary labour migration to United Arab Emirates: a complex story. Migration and Development. vol. 7 (3).
- (2017) Labour migrations to resource-rich countries: Comparative perspectives on migrants' rights in Canada, Norway and the United Arab Emirates. International Journal on Minority and Group Rights. vol. 24 (2).
- (2016) The return of prejudice in Europe’s regions: The moderated relationship between group threat and economic vulnerability. Nationalism & Ethnic Politics. vol. 22 (3).
- (2016) Wearing the veil: hijab, Islam and job qualifications as determinants of social attitudes towards immigrant women in Norway. Ethnic and Racial Studies. vol. 39 (15).
- (2016) Social distance toward ethnic minorities in Croatia, Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia and Kosovo: A Comparative Analysis. Ethnic Minorities and Politics in Post-Socialist Southeastern Europe.
- (2016) Ethnic boundaries and the position of minority Groups in Croatian Istria. Ethnic Minorities and Politics in Post-Socialist Southeastern Europe.
- (2016) The dramaturgical nexus of ethno-religious, tourist and transnational frames of pilgrimages in post-conflict societies: The Bosnian and Herzegovinian experience. Tourist Studies. vol. 16 (1).
- (2015) Etniske minoriteter:Variasjoner i velferd og arbeidstilknytning. Den norske modellen: Internasjonalisering som utfordring og vitalisering.
- (2014) Attitudes towards Muslim Immigrants: Evidence from Survey Experiments across Four Countries. Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies. vol. 40 (1).
- (2013) In Varietate Harmonia?: Intergroup Contact, Group Threat and Ethnic Tolerance in Scandinavian Regions. International Journal on Minority and Group Rights. vol. 20.
- (2013) Bosnians in Norway: Integration of Bosnian Migrants and Their Descendants into Norwegian Society. Migration from Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- (2013) Refugee Return in Post-War Bosnia-Herzegovina. Bosnia-Herzegovina since Dayton: Civic and uncivic values.
- (2013) The Dynamics of Bosnian Refugee Migrations in the 1990s, Current Migration Trends and Future Prospects. Refugee Survey Quarterly. vol. 32 (3).
- (2012) Research Design. How media inform democracy. A comparative approach.
- (2012) Security Dilemmas and Ethnic Intolerance in the Western Balkans. The Aftermath of War: Experiences and Social Attitudes in the Western Balkans.
- (2012) Changes in War-related Distress in Croatia 1996–2004. The Aftermath of War: Experiences and Social Attitudes in the Western Balkans.
- (2012) Political Nationalism and Attitudes towards Immigration: The Interaction of Knowledge and Policy. International Journal on Minority and Group Rights. vol. 19 (2).
- (2012) Flernivåanalyse. Kvantitativ analyse med SPSS : en praktisk innføring i kvantitative analyseteknikker.
- (2012) Social Distance and Ethnic Hierarchies in Croatia. The Aftermath of War: Experiences and Social Attitudes in the Western Balkans.
- (2012) Patterns of Ethnic Intolerance in Europe. Journal of International Migration and Integration. vol. 13 (4).
- (2012) News consumption and public opposition to immigration across countries. How media inform democracy. A comparative approach.
- (2012) Attitudes toward Muslims in Norway. Islamophobia in the west : Measuring and explaining individual attitudes.
- (2012) Religion and Support for Democracy in Bosnia-Herzegovina. Politics and Religion. vol. 5 (3).
- (2011) It is the eyes and not the size that matter. European Societies. vol. 13 (4).
- (2011) Measuring Political Knowledge in Telephone and Web Surveys: A Cross-National Comparison. Social science computer review. vol. 29 (2).
- (2011) Bosnian Croats in Croatia: 'ethnically privileged migrants', 'culturally distant co-ethnics' or 'Croats as any other Croats'?. The Bosnian Diaspora: Integration in transnational communties.
- (2011) Bosnians in Norway – how do they adjust compared with other refugee groups?. The Bosnian Diaspora: Integration in transnational communties.
- (2011) State-assisted integration, but not for all: Norwegian welfare services and labour migration from the new EU member states. International Social Work. vol. 54 (5).
- (2011) Transnational ties and transnational exchange. The Bosnian Diaspora: Integration in transnational communties.
- (2010) Media Use and Misperceptions. Does TV Viewing Improve our Knowledge about Immigration?. Nordicom Review. vol. 31 (1).
- (2010) Anti-Muslim Prejudice in Europe: A Multilevel Analysis of Survey Data from 30 Countries. Islam in the West.
- (2010) Ethnic Intolerance, Voting Preferences, and Political Change in Croatia. Südosteuropa. vol. 58 (1).
- (2009) Media use, political knowledge and perception of reality A cross-national survey. Project description, questionnaires and codebook. 2009. ISBN 978-82-90217-17-9. ISS RAPPORTSERIE (74).
- (2008) Anti-Muslim prejudice in Europe: A multilevel analysis of survey data from 30 countries. Social Science Research. vol. 37 (1).
- (2008) Individual and contextual influences of war on ethnic prejudice in Croatia. The Sociological Quarterly. vol. 49 (4).
- (2007) Support for democracy and strength of civic attitudes. Croatia compared with new and old democracies. Democratic Transition in Croatia: Value-transformation, Education, and Media.
- (2007) Flernivåanalyse. Kvantitativ analyse med SPSS. En praktisk innføring i kvantitative analyseteknikker.
- (2006) Podrska demokraciji i snaga gradanskih stavova. Demokratska tranzicija u Hrvatskoj: Transformacija vrijednosti, obrazovanje, mediji.