Background and activities
Note PhD students taking SO8003: If you intend to deliver a paper not using linear or binary logistic regression as a main analytical technique, please take contact with me early in the semester in order to clarify supervising and evaluation of the paper.
SOS3003 - Applied Social Statistics
SOS3005 - Quantitative Methods
SOS8003 - Applied Social Statistics
SOS2011 - Migration and Mobility
- SOS8003 - Applied Social Statistics
- SOS3003 - Applied Social Statistics
- SOS3005 - Quantitative Methods
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) A comparative analysis of changes in anti-immigrant and anti-Muslim attitudes in Europe: 1990–2017. Comparative Migration Studies. vol. 9.
- (2020) Exclusion of Muslims in Eastern Europe and Western Europe. A Comparative Analysis of Anti-Muslim Attitudes in France, Norway, Poland and Czech Republic. International Journal on Minority and Group Rights. vol. 28.
- (2020) Party affiliation and support for Muslim newcomers: masked opposition in the Norwegian context. European Societies. vol. 22 (4).
- (2019) Temporary Labour-Migration System and Long-term Residence Strategies in the United Arab Emirates. International migration. vol. 58 (1).
- (2018) Temporary labour migration to United Arab Emirates: a complex story. Migration and Development. vol. 7 (3).
- (2017) Labour migrations to resource-rich countries: Comparative perspectives on migrants' rights in Canada, Norway and the United Arab Emirates. International Journal on Minority and Group Rights. vol. 24 (2).
- (2016) The return of prejudice in Europe’s regions: The moderated relationship between group threat and economic vulnerability. Nationalism & Ethnic Politics. vol. 22 (3).
- (2016) Wearing the veil: hijab, Islam and job qualifications as determinants of social attitudes towards immigrant women in Norway. Ethnic and Racial Studies. vol. 39 (15).
- (2016) The dramaturgical nexus of ethno-religious, tourist and transnational frames of pilgrimages in post-conflict societies: The Bosnian and Herzegovinian experience. Tourist Studies. vol. 16 (1).
- (2014) Attitudes towards Muslim Immigrants: Evidence from Survey Experiments across Four Countries. Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies. vol. 40 (1).
- (2013) In Varietate Harmonia?: Intergroup Contact, Group Threat and Ethnic Tolerance in Scandinavian Regions. International Journal on Minority and Group Rights. vol. 20.
- (2013) The Dynamics of Bosnian Refugee Migrations in the 1990s, Current Migration Trends and Future Prospects. Refugee Survey Quarterly. vol. 32 (3).
- (2012) Political Nationalism and Attitudes towards Immigration: The Interaction of Knowledge and Policy. International Journal on Minority and Group Rights. vol. 19 (2).
- (2012) Patterns of Ethnic Intolerance in Europe. Journal of International Migration and Integration. vol. 13 (4).
- (2012) Religion and Support for Democracy in Bosnia-Herzegovina. Politics and Religion. vol. 5 (3).
- (2011) It is the eyes and not the size that matter. European Societies. vol. 13 (4).
- (2011) Measuring Political Knowledge in Telephone and Web Surveys: A Cross-National Comparison. Social science computer review. vol. 29 (2).
- (2011) State-assisted integration, but not for all: Norwegian welfare services and labour migration from the new EU member states. International Social Work. vol. 54 (5).