Home - Math meets Industry
Date: 22 – 23 September 2016, late morning to early afternoon
Venue: Scandic Lerkendal Hotel
Coffee and refreshments are served from 9.00 on the first day of the conference.
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology, NTNU
- Norwegian network of mathematics for Industry and Innovation, NorMathsIn
- European Consortium for Mathematics in Industry, ECMI
The goal is to bring together PhD students and faculty members from Norwegian Math departments with industry representatives for a unique blend of exciting events, including among others:
- Keynote lectures highlighting challenges and success stories in collaboration between math and industry, both from an academic and industrial perspective.
- A math career session, where math PhD students from all Norwegian universities have the chance to present themselves and their achievements to tentative employers from academia and industry.
- Information on Norwegian and European funding opportunities for collaboration between math & industry.
- A session on math education, to discuss a math curriculum meeting the societal and industrial challenges of the 21st century.
- A partnering event of mathematicians and industry representatives.
A further highlight is a science slam for math PhD students moderated by Jo Røislien followed by a joint dinner.
Scandic Lerkendal Hotel
is located near the Gløshaugen campus by the Lerkendal Stadion in Trondheim at Klæbuveien 127, see the hotel webside for directions https://www.scandichotels.no/hotell/norge/trondheim/scandic-lerkendal. Travelling from the airport with the buss (Flybussen) you can get very close to the Hotel by stopping at Prof. Brochs gt.
The conference is sponsored by the Research Council of Norway and by ECMI.
Elena Celledoni, NTNU
Alexander Schmeding, NTNU
Ingrid Kristine Glad
University of Oslo
Sigmund Selberg and Adrian Florin Radu
University of Bergen
University of Agder