About - Norwegian Research School of Global Health
The Norwegian Research School in Global Health (NRSGH) is funded by the Norwegian Research Council for an six-year period, starting in 2016. NRSGH is coordinated by the Faculty of Medicine and Health Science, NTNU. Professor Elisabeth Darj at Department of Public Health and Nursing at NTNU is the director of the school.
NRSGH brings together the expertise from all norwegian institutions with PhD-education in global health. The NRSGH also has an extensive international network.
The overall aim of the research school is to build capacity in global health by a strong national team to meet the challenges within education and research.
Main objectives are;
- to establish a Norwegian research school of global health for PhD candidates
- to provide relevant courses for members in the network
- to facilitate for candidates to participate in courses, by providing mobility grants
- to build a network among the PhD candidates, by arranging annual conferences
- to strengthen academic capacity, by arranging regional seminars in partner institutions in a low income setting
- to improve quality of supervision in order to increase the quality of PhD theses in global health
- to increase awareness among academic leadership and policymakers to promote global health as a crucial research area
The NRSGH annual budget is about 3 mill NOK, made available through a grant from the Norwegian Research Council, Global Health and Vaccination Programme (GLOBVAC).
NRSGH is a collaboration between the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), the University of Oslo (UiO), the University of Bergen (UiB), The Arctic University of Norway (UiT) and Norwegian Institute of Public Health (NIPH). The daily management is hosted by the Faculty of Medicine and Health Science, NTNU. All partner instiutions are represented in the NRSGH Board.
Elisabeth Darj, NTNU (Scientific director NRSGH)
Thorkild Tylleskär, UiB (Chairman of the board)
Johanne Sundby, UiO
Jan Rosenvinge, UiT
Bjørn Gunnar Iversen, NIPH
Mai M. Ziyada, UiO
Maria Lisa Odland, NTNU
Flemming Konradsen, UCPH
Elin Yli Dvergsdal, Coordinator NTNU