Course - Marketing - Basic Course - AM101108
AM101108 - Marketing - Basic Course
Examination arrangement: School exam
Grade: Letter grades
|Evaluation||Weighting||Duration||Grade deviation||Examination aids|
|School exam||100/100||4 hours||A|
The course aims to provide students with key basic skills through a broad presentation of the marketing discipline, develop students understanding of the topics presented and to develop students ability to apply knowledge in realistic marketing situations. There will also be an emphasis on developing a market-oriented attitude among students. The realization of these objectives means that students at the end of the course should be able to reproduce and explain the theory and solve practical marketing problems.
The course is based on a planning perspective and the goal is to show how to proceed in planning an organization's marketing activities and develop a strategic marketing plan for a company.
Knowledge: Students will acquire the knowledge necessary to understand a marketing plan using the following criteria:
- Understand marketing's history, traditions, characteristics and place in society.
- Understand what marketing and market orientation entails.
- Understand key issues and methods in marketing.
- Understand the principles for analyzing markets.
- Understand the principles behind the development of a marketing strategy with special focus on distribution-, price, communication, product and brand strategy.
- Understand what affects marketing efficiency and profitability.
Skills: The student can master the relevant professional tools, techniques and forms of expression and should be comfortable with interpreting the contents of a marketing plan that addresses the market challenges businesses face. Included in this is to recommend measures that will allow the business to meet it's market objectives.
General skills: The core of the marketing profession is the marketing plan. Markets are constantly changing and require continuous analysis of the market situation in order to develop an effective marketing strategy. Students can also convey key subject matter, such as theories, issues and solutions both in writing and orally.
Learning methods and activities
Lectures, discussion and cases. Mandatory asignment(s).
- Compulsory assignment
Further on evaluation
Mandatory assignment with one or multiple submissions (group). The compulsory assignment(s) must be passed in order to take the exam. Specifications will be given when the semester starts.
Passed mandatory assignment is valid for later continuation exams.
Required previous knowledge
Right to study requirements
Runar Framnes, Håvard Huse, Arve Pettersen & Hans Mathias Thjømøe (2021), Markedsføringsledelse, Universitetsforlaget, 10. utgave
Credits: 7.5 SP
Study level: Foundation courses, level I
Term no.: 1
Teaching semester: AUTUMN 2023
Language of instruction: Norwegian
- Industrial Management
- Strategy and Management
- Organization and Leadership
- Business Econimics and Management
- Economics and Administration
Examination arrangement: School exam
- Term Status code Evaluation Weighting Examination aids Date Time Examination system Room *
- Autumn ORD School exam 100/100 A 2023-12-18 09:00 INSPERA
Room Building Number of candidates Gymsal Laterna/Lab-bygg 118 G326 Gnisten/Fagskolen 36 G325 Gnisten/Fagskolen 2 C218 Ankeret/Hovedbygget 36
- Summer UTS School exam 100/100 A INSPERA
Room Building Number of candidates
- * The location (room) for a written examination is published 3 days before examination date. If more than one room is listed, you will find your room at Studentweb.
For more information regarding registration for examination and examination procedures, see "Innsida - Exams"