Course - Water and Wastewater Systems 2 - BYGT2321
BYGT2321 - Water and Wastewater Systems 2
This course is no longer taught and is only available for examination.
Leak detection. Use of EPANET for simulation. Pipe design and design of VA wires according to NS3420. Use of 3D software in pipeline design. Sewage systems, overwater technology and water treatment, cutting lines. Pump stations and wires. Simulation and dimensioning vs. simulation program. Principles of state analysis. Rehabilitation and remediation.
- The candidate should be able to explain operational monitoring and leak detection.
- The candidate should be able to choose water management and solutions for reduced drainage.
- The candidate should be able to explain the principles of state assessment.
- The candidate should be able to account for remediation and rehabilitation.
- The candidate should be able to suggest method of sludge treatment.
- The candidate should be able to account for wastewater treatment for nitrogen removal.
- The candidate should be able to choose the solution for separate emissions
- The candidate should be able to make a pressure zone division.
- The candidate should be able to outline and calculate the solution for a main system for water supply.
- The candidate should be able to make easier analyzes of water and drainage systems using digital tools.
- The candidate should be able to make digital pipeline design for pressure lines.
- The candidate should be able to produce amount description of VA wires according to NS3420.
- The candidate should be able to perform calculations of overtime drainage and dimension accordingly.
- The candidate should be able to operate according to the 3-step strategy for storm water management.
The candidate should be able to follow up on professional sources, professional methods, applicable laws and regulations, as well as standards for planning, engineering, construction, management, operation, maintenance for VA plants. The candidate should be able to participate in professional discussions within the relevant subject areas and share his / her knowledge and experience with others, both verbally and in writing.
Learning methods and activities
Activity from lecture, computer lab, exercise and project work
- Exercise 1
- Exercise 2
- Exercise 3
Further on evaluation
Written 3 hour exam (60 %)
Individual project (40 %)
In case of a re sit exam, written exam may be changed into oral.
A re-sit examination is held in May/June. Continuation and voluntary repetition / improvement can be carried out for some sub-evaluations without having to reassess both sub-evaluations in a topic. There is an opportunity to complain about partial assessments in this topic before all sub-evaluations have been completed.
Admission to a programme of study is required:
Civil Engineering (BIBYGG)
Recommended previous knowledge
Water and drainage technology 1 or equivalent
Required previous knowledge
Admission to Bachelor Civil Engineering, Trondheim.
VA-boka, Norsk Vann 2014 eller nyere. Samling på Blackboard av veiledninger /retningslinjer/rapporter/miljøblad fra SFT, Miljøverndep., Norsk Vann, Mattilsynet, Folkehelsa m.fl. R.E.Petersen og S.Thorolfsson: Overvannsteknikk, HiST/NTNU 2007.
Credits: 7.5 SP
Study level: Intermediate course, level II
Language of instruction: Norwegian
- Water and Wastewater Engineering
- Building and Construction Engineering
Examination arrangement: Written examination and work
- Term Status code Evaluation Weighting Examination aids Date Time Examination system Room *
- Autumn ORD Work 40/100 ALLE INSPERA
Room Building Number of candidates
- Autumn ORD School exam 60/100 D 2023-12-08 09:00 INSPERA
Room Building Number of candidates SL310 Sluppenvegen 14 12
- Spring UTS School exam 60/100 D INSPERA
Room Building Number of candidates
- * The location (room) for a written examination is published 3 days before examination date. If more than one room is listed, you will find your room at Studentweb.
For more information regarding registration for examination and examination procedures, see "Innsida - Exams"