Course - Digital service management - DCST2004
DCST2004 - Digital service management
This course is no longer taught and is only available for examination.
Examination arrangement: School exam
Grade: Letter grades
|Evaluation||Weighting||Duration||Grade deviation||Examination aids|
|School exam||100/100||4 hours||E|
This course takes a closer look at how we should organize the delivery of IT services to our customers. We live in a world with increasingly frequent changes and we must establish the necessary routines to implement, follow up and continuously improve our service deliveries. The course will take a closer look at an introduction to ITIL as best practice for this work. Students will be introduced to the core components of ITIL, which are the service value system and the 4 dimensions model.
- has a basic understanding of digital service management and IT services / products delivery.
- has knowledge and can explain about the service value system in ITIL, including guiding principles, governance, the service value chain, continuous improvement and the four-dimensional model for service management.
- can explain selected practices in the ITIL standard with a focus on work tasks and how they interact.
- has broad knowledge of success factors related to the introduction of ITIL in an organization.
- can make a plan for the introduction of ITIL in an organization.
- can apply continuous improvement as a consistent principle for all work with the delivery of services.
- can make a plan for the implementation of selected ITIL practices related to the management of services in an organization.
- can exchange views and experiences about ITIL with peers and through this contribute to the development of good practice.
- can present key topics from ITIL both in writing, orally and through other relevant forms of expression.
- knows ITIL terminology in both Norwegian and English.
Learning methods and activities
The learning material will be presented through textbooks, lecture notes, external videos and self-produced video material.
Student-active forms of learning (eg workshops, guest lectures, question rounds, presentation of exercises).
Text-based exercises. Solutions to the exercises will be published.
- Mandatory exercises
Further on evaluation
Postponed exam: August. Postponed exam can be an oral exam.
Mandatory work: 9 text-based exercises will be given. Of these, 7 exercises must be approved.
For applications regarding approval and inclusion of courses from previous years or other institutions' corresponding study programs, each application will be processed individually. Applicants must be prepared for reduction in credits (ECTS) for overlapping courses.
Admission to a programme of study is required:
Digital Infrastructure and Cyber Security (BDIGSEC)
Recommended previous knowledge
Required previous knowledge
Admission to a program of study is required:
Bachelor in Digital Infrastructure and Cyber Security (BDIGSEC)
Textbooks and syllabus will be provided at the start of the semester.
Credits: 7.5 SP
Study level: Intermediate course, level II
Language of instruction: Norwegian
Location: Gjøvik , Trondheim
- Computer Science
Department with academic responsibility
Department of Computer Science
Examination arrangement: School exam
- Term Status code Evaluation Weighting Examination aids Date Time Examination system Room *
- Spring ORD School exam 100/100 E 2023-06-05 09:00 INSPERA
Room Building Number of candidates
- * The location (room) for a written examination is published 3 days before examination date. If more than one room is listed, you will find your room at Studentweb.
For more information regarding registration for examination and examination procedures, see "Innsida - Exams"