Course - International Clinical Practice in Nursing - HSYK309P
HSYK309P - International Clinical Practice in Nursing
Cultural sensitivity and cultural competence
Nursing in Norway and the Norwegian health care system
The role of the nurse in clinical practice
Health promotion, treatment and disease prevention in relevant areas of the health care services
Having completed the course the student should have acquired the following:
- Insight into nursing in Norway and the Norwegian health care system
- Insight into reflection as a method for advancing nursing practice
- Insight into health promotion, treatment and disease prevention in relevant areas of health care
- The ability to promote health and prevent diseases among relevant individuals and groups
- The ability to observe and reflect on nursing care of patients in relevant areas of health care
- The ability to apply cultural sensitivity in nursing
Reflect critically upon relevant aspects of nursing care provided in Norway compared to their home country, using relevant theory and experiences from their clinical placement
Learning methods and activities
Information will be given at the beginning of the course.
Further on evaluation
Compulsory attendance at introduction course and weekly reflection meetings with supervisor and teacher. Submission of individual written evaluation required.
Admission to a programme of study is required:
Required previous knowledge
The course is reserved for incoming exchange students at the Bachelor programme of Nursing in Trondheim, NTNU.
Credits: 15.0 SP
Study level: Third-year courses, level III
Term no.: 1
Teaching semester: AUTUMN 2021
Language of instruction: English, Norwegian
- Nursing and Midwife
- * The location (room) for a written examination is published 3 days before examination date. If more than one room is listed, you will find your room at Studentweb.
For more information regarding registration for examination and examination procedures, see "Innsida - Exams"