Course - Bachelor Thesis Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science - IDATA2900
IDATA2900 - Bachelor Thesis Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science
Examination arrangement: Bachelor Thesis
Grade: Letter grades
|Evaluation||Weighting||Duration||Grade deviation||Examination aids|
The bachelor thesis is based either on thesis problem proposed by the business community / public sector and / or from the academic community's research field. Through the assignment, students will identify, formulate and solve relevant problems in the engineer's field of work. The candidate must use knowledge and skills from several subject areas in the study, as well as do independent specialization where necessary. Through the bachelor thesis, the candidate must contribute to either research or development. The candidate must also acquire skills in project management, planning, implementation and documentation of a project work.
The bachelor thesis must contain at least one of the topics innovation, development, research or entrepreneurship. The project group chooses their own approach to the chosen topic.
Knowledge - The Candidate
- has in-depth knowledge of a selected topic within the subject area
- has knowledge of research and development work within the topic
Skills - The Candidate
- can identify, formulate and solve a relevant engineering problem
- can apply knowledge and relevant results from research and development work to solve theoretical, technical and practical problems within the topic of the bachelor thesis and justify their choices
- can apply engineering methods and be able to work methodically
- can document and disseminate engineering work
- can plan and carry out engineering work
General competence - The candidate
- disseminates professional knowledge to various target groups both in writing and orally in Norwegian and English
- has insight into scientific honesty and understanding of ethical issues
- has insight into environmental, health, social and economic consequences of products and solutions within their field and can put these in an ethical perspective and a life cycle perspective
- integrate previously acquired knowledge and is able to acquire new knowledge in solving a problem
Learning methods and activities
The bachelor thesis must be solved in a project group with 2 to 4 students per group. Individual assignments are usually not accepted, in special circumstances an application can be directed to the course coordinator
Further on evaluation
The bachelor thesis and product are assessed as a whole.
Group grades are used on a scale of A - F.
Individual grades can be given. Each individual contribution to the result must be stated in the submitted documentation.
UHR's Grade descriptions and assessment criteria for grading of bachelor theses in engineering are followed
Mandatory work requirements include:
- Preliminary project plan
- Documentation of the work process shall include status reports, meeting notices, meeting minutes and timesheets.
- Oral presentation in English during the process.
- Preparation of posters (poster) either at the end or during the process.
- Oral presentation of the submitted bachelor thesis.
Admission to a programme of study is required:
Computer Science (BIDATA)
Recommended previous knowledge
Completed 150 credits from the first, second and third years in the computer engineering education (BIDATA)
Required previous knowledge
Completed 110 credits from the first and second years in the computer engineering education (BIDATA).
Completed all compulsory courses and courses in the education plan (BIDATA) without credits.
Credits: 20.0 SP
Study level: Third-year courses, level III
Term no.: 1
Teaching semester: AUTUMN 2023
Term no.: 2
Teaching semester: SPRING 2024
Language of instruction: Norwegian
Examination arrangement: Bachelor Thesis
- Term Status code Evaluation Weighting Examination aids Date Time Examination system Room *
- Spring ORD Bachelor Thesis 100/100 INSPERA
Room Building Number of candidates
- * The location (room) for a written examination is published 3 days before examination date. If more than one room is listed, you will find your room at Studentweb.
For more information regarding registration for examination and examination procedures, see "Innsida - Exams"