Course - Cyber Tactics - IIKG6500
IIKG6500 - Cyber Tactics
Lessons are not given in the academic year 2023/2024
The course is a part of the experience based master and will therefore aim to build on your professional background and experience. We will start with a round of presentation, where everyone gets to tell us who they are, where they work, what area of interest they have. We continue by introducing the course and setting the stage for why we think cyber tactics is relevant when it comes to protecting Norwegian businesses, Norwegian society and ensuring the safety of the people. We expect you to contribute with your own experiences and to apply the theory to your own professional practice. We will spend some time talking about the mandatory assignment. This assignment is individual and will build upon your professional practice. You can prepare yourself by thinking through issues and developments related to digitalization and cyber threat relevant to your business or organization
- Cyber domain, social and technological aspects
- Introduction to tactics
- Cyberspace as an operational domain
- Conflict and crime in cyberspace
- Cyber tactics
- A Comprehensive approach to cyber defence
- Effect based defence cyber operations
- Cyber Operations planning
- The candidate possess knowledge on both societal and technological aspects of cyberdomain
- The candidate possess knowledge of tactics
- The candidate possess advanced knowledge of cyber space as an operational domain
- The candidate possess advanced knowledge of conflict and crime in cyberspace
- The candidate possess advanced knowledge of cyber tactics
- The candidate possess knowledge about comprehensive approach to cyber defence
- The candidate possess knowledge of effect based defence cyber operations
- The candidate possess knowledge of cyber operations planning
- The candidate is capable of understanding the societal, organizational and technical aspects of cyber domain
- The candidate is able to understand the importance of tactics
- The candidate is able to understand the importance of cyberspace as an operational domain
- The candidate is able to understand the impact of conflict and crime in cyberspace
- The candidate is capable of applying advanced cyber tactics
- The candidate is capable of applying a comprehensive approach to cyber defence
- The candidate is able to understand the importance and is capable of applying effect based defence cyber operations
- The candidate can apply advanced cyber operation planning methods
- The candidate is capable of analyzing relevant professional and research problems in the field of cyber tactics
- The candidate is capable of applying their knowledge and skills in new fields, in order to accomplish advanced task and projects
- The candidate is capable of applying advanced cyber tactics.
- The candidate is capable of discussing professional problems, analysis and conclusions in the field of cyber tactics, both with professionals and with general audience
- The candidate has the learning skills to continue acquiring new knowledge and skills in a largely self-directed manner
- The candidate is capable of contributing to planning of cyber operations.
Learning methods and activities
Seminars / workshops - Exercise/Case - Assignments /Project work
The course will have 3 mandatory workshops, The first two workshops lasts one day, the last workshop last two days. The workshops will not be streamed or recorded, physical attendance is required on all three workshops.
- If less than 5 students, the teaching Methods and activities might be adjusted.
- Number of students might be limited (max 10)
Further on evaluation
About the assessment: Assignments (counts 6/10) and 3 hours home exam (counts 4/10).
Re-sit only possible the next time the course is running.
Retake can be carried out for some partial assessments without all partial assessments having to be taken up again.
Admission to a programme of study is required:
Information Security (MISEB)
Miscellaneous Courses - Faculty of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering (EMNE/IE)
Recommended previous knowledge
Bachelor degree and relevant 2 year experience
Books/standards, conference/journal papers and web resources, to be announces at startup
Credits: 7.5 SP
Study level: Further education, higher degree level
Language of instruction: Norwegian
- Information Security
Department with academic responsibility
Department of Information Security and Communication Technology
Department with administrative responsibility
Pro-Rector for Education
- * The location (room) for a written examination is published 3 days before examination date. If more than one room is listed, you will find your room at Studentweb.
For more information regarding registration for examination and examination procedures, see "Innsida - Exams"