Course - Web technology and Teamwork - INFT1003
INFT1003 - Web technology and Teamwork
Examination arrangement: Project
Grade: Passed / Not Passed
|Evaluation||Weighting||Duration||Grade deviation||Examination aids|
Great emphasis is placed on carrying out work in a team so that you gain practical experience of how voluntarily composed groups function and can be organised. This commits you to active participation as a team member throughout the course.
First you will learn about working in teams and then the team will use the knowledge to carry out a project and present the result of this. In this process you should use the acquired knowledge about roles and models for team establishment and team development. You will apply principles for running a project and finally present the result.
- has an understanding of client/server-architecture in the context of browsers and web servers
- knows the difference between static and dynamic web pages
- has knowledge about the HTTP protocol and encrypted communication with HTTPS
- understands the structure of a URL, as well as domain names and ports
- knows the difference between absolute and relative addressing
- understands the importance of adhering to web standards
- knows the structure of an HTML document
- knows about basic elements in HTML
- has knowledge about syntax, styling and the box model in CSS
- understands CSS techniques used for responsive layout
- has fundamental knowledge about universal design and UX on the web
- has knowledge of the prerequisites for successful teamwork and various roles in connection with this
- has knowledge of how teams are established and further develop
- has knowledge of project planning and implementation
- know the principles of effective oral and written communication
The student is able to:
- develop and publish a functional and responsive web site
- code HTML and CSS using a dedicated editor
- upload a web site to a web server using SFTP
- change the appearance and layout of a web site with CSS
- use frameworks to simplify the development process
- add multimedia (graphics, images, sound, video, animation) to a web site
- integrate external services on a web site
- can manage the documentation of processes and use ICT tools appropriately in a teamwork setting
- can actively contribute to carrying out effective project work in a team
- can reflect on their own contribution to teamwork and adapt to the current work situation
- can convey results of completed project work both in writing and orally
- The student has a fundamental understanding of how a modern web site is structured and built.
- The candidate understands that their own behavior affects the team.
Learning methods and activities
Lessons, counselling with course teacher(s) and/or teaching assistant(s), mandatory assignments, mandatory counselling sessions, submissions related to a project, video presentation.
Further on evaluation
Final delivery of the project is assessed based on requirements and evaluation criteria given in the project description. Grading is Passed/Not Passed. Continuation at the next completion of the course.
Mandatory activities include:
- participation at counselling sessions
- deliveries related to web technology (5 out of 6)
- deliveries related to teamwork
Admission to a programme of study is required:
Information Technology (ITBAINFO)
Recommended previous knowledge
The course should be taken in parallell with Fundamental programming (similar to INFT1002).
Announced at the beginning of the course.
Credits: 7.5 SP
Study level: Foundation courses, level I
Term no.: 1
Teaching semester: AUTUMN 2023
Language of instruction: Norwegian
- Information Technology and Informatics
Examination arrangement: Project
- Term Status code Evaluation Weighting Examination aids Date Time Examination system Room *
Room Building Number of candidates
- * The location (room) for a written examination is published 3 days before examination date. If more than one room is listed, you will find your room at Studentweb.
For more information regarding registration for examination and examination procedures, see "Innsida - Exams"