Course - Renewable Energy Electives - INGT2011
INGT2011 - Renewable Energy Electives
New from the academic year 2021/2022
Examination arrangement: School exam
|Evaluation||Weighting||Duration||Grade deviation||Examination aids|
|School exam||100/100||4 hours||D|
- Overview of Norways and the worlds energy situation - Environmental challenges with energy production (CO2 and NOx emissions) - Various forms of renewable energy (hydropower, small scale hydropower, wind power, solar power, bioenergy, wave power, tidal power, osmotic power, geothermal energy) - Comparison of renewable energy with other forms of electricity production such as coal power, gas power, diesel power, and nuclear power. - Heat pumps, heat recovery, energy saving measures for buildings, passive houses and plus houses. - Hydrogen as an energy carrier, hydrogen production, hydrogen storage, and hydrogen safety. - Fuel cells (technology, challenges, and applications) - Various forms of energy storage (pumped hydropower, compressed air, batteries, flow batteries, supercapacitors, flywheels) - Microgrid and smart grid. - Energy efficiency measurements in the industry, environmentally friendly food.
Knowledge: The candidate has knowledge of - different types of energy production and storage. - Norwegian power supply and consumption, as well as the national and international energy situation. - environmental challenges linked to energy production and consumption. - different measures to improve energy efficiency. - scientific research and development work in the field of Renewable Energy. Skills: The candidate is capable of - updating his or her own knowledge in the field through information gathering. - applying knowledge to solve theoretical, technical and practical issues within the fields of energy production and storage. - assessing energy and environmental consequences of different energy solutions. - doing simple calculations on heating and cooling systems. - finding, assessing, applying and citing information and academic material, and present this in a way that highlights issues within Renewable Energy. General competence: The candidate is able to - evaluate different methods for energy production and storage against each other. - evaluate appropriate energy efficiency measures.
Learning methods and activities
Lectures and exercises.
- Compulsory exercises
Further on evaluation
Compulsory work requirements: - 7 out of 10 exercises must be approved. Permitted aids at the examination: - No written or printed aids. - Optional calculator, which cannot calculate symbolically (Casio FX9860GII, Casio FXCG20, Texas Instrument 84 Plus, or specified simple calculator code D). A re-sit examination will be held in March (week 10 or 11), and may be changed from written to oral.
Compulsory activities from previous semester may be approved by the department.
Admission to a programme of study is required:
Aquacultural Engineering (BIHAV)
Chemical engineering (FTHINGKJ)
Civil Engineering (BIBYGG)
Electrical Engineering (BIELEKTRO)
Logistics engineering (FTHINGLOG)
Materials engineering (FTHINGMAT)
Mechanical Engineering (BIMASKIN)
Oil and Gas Technology (FTHINGOG)
Compendium by Håvard Karoliussen, NTNU 2019.
Credits: 7.5 SP
Study level: Intermediate course, level II
Term no.: 1
Teaching semester: AUTUMN 2021
Language of instruction: English, Norwegian
- Engineering Subjects
Examination arrangement: School exam
- Term Status code Evaluation Weighting Examination aids Date Time Examination system Room *
- Autumn ORD School exam 100/100 D 2021-12-07 09:00 INSPERA
Room Building Number of candidates SL274 Sluppenvegen 14 2 SL520 Sluppenvegen 14 1 SL321 Sluppenvegen 14 1 SL430 Sluppenvegen 14 46 SL510 Sluppenvegen 14 51
- Spring UTS School exam 100/100 D 2022-03-08 09:00 INSPERA
Room Building Number of candidates
- * The location (room) for a written examination is published 3 days before examination date. If more than one room is listed, you will find your room at Studentweb.
For more information regarding registration for examination and examination procedures, see "Innsida - Exams"