Course - Advanced Information Retrieval - IT8802
IT8802 - Advanced Information Retrieval
Lessons are not given in the academic year 2020/2021
Advanced topics on information retrieval:
- Advanced methods for information retrieval (IR), such as Learn-to-rank (LTR), clustering and classification for IR.
- Indexing methods for scalable retrieval
- Personalising of results
- Temporal information retrieval
- Spatio-temporal information retrieval
- Statistics for IR
- IR methods for streaming data
The students is aimed at learning and undestand the principles, techniques and methods behind advanced information retrieval
The candidate will be trained to actively apply principles, techniques
and methods from the information retrieval domain on advanced applications such as multimedia search and retrieval of biomedical information. It is a goal that the students will be able to identify which methods are currently state of the art within IR and that they can build on this to extend one or more of the methods.
The candidate shall be able to implement advanced techniques for retrieval of a variation of information types
Learning methods and activities
Lectures and/or colloquia
Recommended previous knowledge
TDT4300 Data Mining and Data Warehouse
Required previous knowledge
TDT4117 Information Retrieval or equvalent knowledge. The course builds on the TDT4117 course.
The mandatory readings for the course consist of a set of articles which will be given at the start of the semester
Credits: 7.5 SP
Study level: Doctoral degree level
Language of instruction: English, Norwegian
Department with academic responsibility
Department of Computer Science
- * The location (room) for a written examination is published 3 days before examination date. If more than one room is listed, you will find your room at Studentweb.
For more information regarding registration for examination and examination procedures, see "Innsida - Exams"