Course - Hydraulic power systems - MASA2332
MASA2332 - Hydraulic power systems
Lessons are not given in the academic year 2020/2021
The course will provide a basic understanding of hydraulic power transmission systems, so that the student can perform design and analysis on simple systems. The course includes: hydraulic energy conversion and transmission, hydrostatics, hydrodynamics, energy conservation, impulse equation, loss in systems with pipes, valves / components and narrow passages.
Features of components included in hydraulic systems: Engines, pumps, cylinders, control valves, tank, coolers, etc.
Basic principles of control technology: Instrumentation technique. Logical controls, Regulators. System technical principles. Interface and interaction. Modeling and simulation.
The course will also provide basic knowledge of various hydraulic fluids, properties and environmental factors.
Knowledge: After completing the course, the student will
- have a basic knowledge of the properties and applications of hydraulic power systems
- have knowledge of relevant terminology
- have basic knowledge of the principle structure and function of oil-hydraulic systems.
- have knowledge of the design of systems based on the above.
- have knowledge of components that in hydraulic power systems.
- have knowledge of the environmental and social consequences of improper use of hydraulic systems.
- be familiar with regulations that deal with simple dimensioning based on standardized procedures / regulations.
Skills: After completing the course the student should be able to
- plan design of simple hydraulic systems and components.
- find and apply the necessary regulations that deal with the dimensioning and construction of simple hydraulic systems.
- carry out estimation calculations and dimensioning of hydraulic / pneumatic components based on performance and efficiency.
- be able to design simple hydraulic power systems.
- be able to create simple simulation models and simulate behavior in simple hydraulic systems.
- be able to design form drawings (manual and digital) for hydraulic power systems according to international standards (ISO).
General competence: After completing the course the student should be able to
- participate in the planning and implementation of multi-disiplinary engineering projects where hydraulic power systems are included
- can, by means of standards and relevant regulations, document and convey written technical reports on dimensioning and effect of such systems.
- Mandatory exercises
Exam registration requires that class registration is approved in the same semester. Compulsory activities from previous semester may be approved by the department.
Admission to a programme of study is required:
Engineering - Product and System Design (045PS)
Mechanical Engineering (BIMASKIN)
Renewable Energy (BIFOREN)
Ship Design (699SD)
Credits: 7.5 SP
Study level: Intermediate course, level II
Language of instruction: Norwegian
- Machine Design
Department with academic responsibility
Department of Ocean Operations and Civil Engineering
- * The location (room) for a written examination is published 3 days before examination date. If more than one room is listed, you will find your room at Studentweb.
For more information regarding registration for examination and examination procedures, see "Innsida - Exams"