Course - Japan's Culture and Political-Economical System - POL2018
POL2018 - Japan's Culture and Political-Economical System
Lessons are not given in the academic year 2021/2022
Japanese culture: 1) human relations and culture of organization, 2) The Japanese culture versus the culture in other Asian countries and Norway. The Japanese political-economic system: 1) The Japanese economy and political institutions, 2) political restructuring and current economic liberalization, and 3) Japanese foreign policy relations.
Knowledge - the student shall:
- know the Japanese culture and historical background, its characteristics versus other Asian cultures as well as Norwegian culture
- know about post-World War II changes and developments in Japanese politics, society, economy and international relations
Skills - the student shall demonstrate the ability to:
- use theory in order to shed light on current issues in Japanese culture, politics, economy and society
- demonstrate independence in the preparation of a semester assignment which fulfills the criteria for scientific writing
Learning methods and activities
Teaching methods and activities: 2 hours of lectures per week and supervison of project work. Compulsory activity: Approved term paper (3000 words/8 pages).
- Approved term paper
Further on evaluation
Form of assessment: 3 hours written exam.
Compulsory activities from previous semester may be approved by the department.
Recommended previous knowledge
Required previous knowledge
To be decided at the start of the course.
Credits: 7.5 SP
Study level: Intermediate course, level II
Language of instruction: English
- Social Studies
- Social Sciences
- Political Science
Department with academic responsibility
Department of Sociology and Political Science
- * The location (room) for a written examination is published 3 days before examination date. If more than one room is listed, you will find your room at Studentweb.
For more information regarding registration for examination and examination procedures, see "Innsida - Exams"