Course - Spanish Language Culture and Literature - SPA6020
SPA6020 - Spanish Language Culture and Literature
Examination arrangement: Home examination
|Evaluation||Weighting||Duration||Grade deviation||Examination aids|
|Home examination||100/100||1 weeks|
This online course offers an introduction to culture and literature in the Spanish-speaking world, with a focus on contemporary culture and society. The central subject-didactic perspective in this course is the development of language through the reading of different types of authentic texts and through text production.
A candidate who has passed this course is expected to have obtained the following learning outcomes, defined as knowledge, skills and general qualifications.
- has knowledge of culture and literature in the Spanish-speaking world
- has the vocabulary to be able to compare culture and literature in Norway and the Spanish-speaking world
- has knowledge of different contemporary Spanish-language text and media forms
- has knowledge of multicultural aspects of the Spanish-speaking world, which they can apply to their own teaching practice
- has experience using digital resources for teaching and learning
- can understand and interpret various types of Spanish texts
- can use their knowledge to reflect on and discuss important questions in Spanish-language culture and literature, both spoken and written
- can discuss and reflect on one’s own teaching practices in culture and literature and how they can be further developed
- can use sources critically and follow bibliographical norms
Upon completing the course, the candidate will be able to:
- present and discuss issues and perspectives about culture and literature in the Spanish-speaking world, both written and spoken
- familiarize themselves with important contemporary issues and have a meaningful dialogue in Spanish with people from different cultures
- use relevant subject and digital tools
- plan and carry out language tasks related to main themes in the multicultural Spanish-speaking world
- reflect over and evaluate one’s professional practice
Learning methods and activities
The course offers online teaching over 13 weeks.
Teaching will include video lectures and introductory texts, with assignments which cover the various topics introduced in the course.
Teaching will be largely based on student activities, with assignments including videos, blogs, and individual and group written assignments. Obligatory activities cover various aspects of the course, and students are given oral or written feedback on these by video or on the learning platform. Assignments are assessed as approved/not approved, and they are not part of the final examination grade. However, all obligatory assignments must be approved in order for the student to qualify to take the exam.
Students will have contact with the instructor and other students via the blog, discussion forum, email, and the digital classroom.
This is a fully online course and has no in-person instruction. There will be 4-5 online meetings in the course, in addition to those related to the obligatory assignments. 75 % attendance is mandatory. Absences beyond this must be documented.
Initial information about the course will be sent to the student’s registered email address. All further communication will happen via the course website and learning platform, as well as the student’s NTNU email address.
Students must stay up to date on all these information channels.
- 3 home assignments
- 75% mandatory attendance
Compulsory activities from previous semester may be approved by the department.
Admission to a programme of study is required:
Recommended previous knowledge
There are no formal prerequisites, but all teaching is in Spanish and it is therefore recommended that students have reading, writing, and speaking skills equivalent to level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Required previous knowledge
Admission to a programme of study is required: KOMPiS Spansk 1, 8.-13. trinn.
Credits: 15.0 SP
Study level: Further education, lower degree level
Term no.: 1
Teaching semester: SPRING 2022
Language of instruction: Spanish
Department with academic responsibility
Department of Language and Literature
Department with administrative responsibility
Centre for Continuing Education and Professional Development
Examination arrangement: Home examination
- Term Status code Evaluation Weighting Examination aids Date Time Examination system Room *
Room Building Number of candidates
- * The location (room) for a written examination is published 3 days before examination date. If more than one room is listed, you will find your room at Studentweb.
For more information regarding registration for examination and examination procedures, see "Innsida - Exams"