Course - Patient safety and quality improvement - SYG3022
SYG3022 - Patient safety and quality improvement
Lessons are not given in the academic year 2023/2024
This course contributes to broad knowledge on patient safety and systematic quality improvement of community health and care services.
- National regulations and laws
- Methods and tools in quality improvement
- The experiences of patients and next-of-kin as a basis for quality improvement
- Evidence based practice as a foundation for quality improvement
- User involvement and cross-professional collaboration in community health and care services
- Theoretical perspectives on patient safety
- Innovation and implementation of knowledge and change.
Learning methods and activities
Lectures, individual studies, group work, practice and seminars.
- Observation practice
- One written assignment with mandatory guidance
- Participation in a course seminar, presenting a planned quality improvement project
Further on evaluation
Group-exam, 2-3 persons. Re-sit examination may be taken next semester.
Admission to a programme of study is required:
Advanced Clinical Nursing (MAKALLMSP)
Credits: 7.5 SP
Study level: Second degree level
Language of instruction: Norwegian
- Health Science
- Nursing and Midwife
Department with academic responsibility
Department of Health Sciences Gjøvik
- * The location (room) for a written examination is published 3 days before examination date. If more than one room is listed, you will find your room at Studentweb.
For more information regarding registration for examination and examination procedures, see "Innsida - Exams"