Course - Bachelor Thesis Chemistry - TKJE3001
TKJE3001 - Bachelor Thesis Chemistry
Examination arrangement: Assignment
Grade: Letter grades
|Evaluation||Weighting||Duration||Grade deviation||Examination aids|
The Bachelor's thesis is carried out within the course's subject areas and according to the handbook for bachelor thesis.
- The candidate has in-depth knowledge of a selected topic in chemistry
- The candidate has knowledge of research and development work within the topic
- The Candidate can identify, formulate and solve a relevant engineering problem
- The candidate can apply knowledge and relevant results from research and development work to solve theoretical, technical and practical problems within the topic of the bachelor thesis and justify their choices
- The candidate can use engineering methods and be able to work methodically
- The cadidate can document and disseminate engineering work
- The candidate can plan and carry out engineering work
- The candidate can disseminates professional knowledge to various target groups both in writing and orally in Norwegian and English
- The candidate has insight into scientific honesty and understanding of ethical issues
- The candidate has insight into the environmental, health, social and economic consequences of products and solutions within their field and can put these in an ethical perspective and a life cycle perspective
- The candidate integrates previously acquired knowledge and is able to acquire new knowledge in solving a problem
Learning methods and activities
Conducted in groups of 2-3 students
The working form is as described in the bachelor's manual and is an independent student-driven project work. Expected time spent is 550-600 hours of project work.
- Documentation of project management
- Oral presentation (english)
Further on evaluation
All compulsory work requirements must be approved in order to submit the bachelor's thesis.
The bachelor thesis and any product are assessed as a whole. Group grades are used on a scale of A - F.
If the bachelor thesis is assessed as failed or grade F, the student (s) must submit a new answer. Improvement / reworking is not sufficient. The thesis can present the same topic area with the same empirical / data basis. A bachelor's thesis that has been assessed as passed cannot be submitted for a new assessment, even in a revised form. It is not possible to voluntarily repeat the bachelor thesis. Digital submission and possibly in paper format.
Admission to a programme of study is required:
Chemical engineering (FTHINGKJ)
Recommended previous knowledge
150 credits from the engineering education, Bachelor of Engineering in Chemistry
Required previous knowledge
Study rights requirements. Admission to the course is subject to study law at Bachelor of Engineering, in Chemistry , NTNU, Trondheim. To start the bachelor's thesis in engineering, the student must have passed a minimum of 110 credits of 120 study-oriented credits from the first two years of engineering education. These 110 credits must include the study plan 60 credits from the first year of study.
Handbook for the bachelor thesis. Candidates themselves will find other literature.
Credits: 20.0 SP
Study level: Third-year courses, level III
Term no.: 1
Teaching semester: AUTUMN 2023
Term no.: 2
Teaching semester: SPRING 2024
Language of instruction: Norwegian
- Engineering Subjects
Examination arrangement: Assignment
- Term Status code Evaluation Weighting Examination aids Date Time Examination system Room *
- Spring ORD Assignment 100/100 ALLE INSPERA
Room Building Number of candidates
- * The location (room) for a written examination is published 3 days before examination date. If more than one room is listed, you will find your room at Studentweb.
For more information regarding registration for examination and examination procedures, see "Innsida - Exams"