Course - Solar Cell Systems and Materials, Specialization Project - TMT4520
TMT4520 - Solar Cell Systems and Materials, Specialization Project
Examination arrangement: Work
|Evaluation||Weighting||Duration||Grade deviation||Examination aids|
The specialization includes a project work. This work will usually be linked to ongoing research activities within the department. During the semester the students will be trained to work systematic within a specific field as well as acquire detailed knowledge through both practical work and literature surveys.
After completing the course the students should be able to:
- Perform a risk assessment of own project work.
- Work analytical and systematic with a given problem.
- Specialize in a specific topic within a given research field using scientific methods.
- Acquire complementary knowledge through the scientific literature and other sources and combine this knowledge with own results.
- Master the implementation of a major independent project, including preparing a project plan with milestones, reporting preliminary results, writing a technical project report in accordance with accepted standards, and present the final results in plenum for fellow students, research staff and other professionals.
Learning methods and activities
Independent project work under supervision. Before the students are allowed to start on their project work they must have completed a mandatory health and safety course and conducted a risk assessment of their own project work. During the semester the students must also attain a mandatory course in information seeking/use of library. In addition, they will get training in scientific writing and presentation techniques. At the end of the semester (before the submission of the project report) an internal department seminar will be held, where the students must give a compulsory oral presentation of their project work in plenum. The presentation counts as part of the overall assessment when the final grade is determined. It is particularly in cases where there is uncertainty about the grade that the quality of the presentation (both academic content and performance) will be used to determine the final grade.
Recommended previous knowledge
The subject is a part of the study plan for students in the study programme Innovative Sustainable Energy Engineering (MSISEE).
Will be given at the start of the semester.
Credits: 15.0 SP
Study level: Second degree level
Term no.: 1
Teaching semester: AUTUMN 2018
Language of instruction: English, Norwegian
- Technological subjects
Examination arrangement: Work
- Term Status code Evaluation Weighting Examination aids Date Time Examination system Room *
- Autumn ORD Work 100/100
Room Building Number of candidates
- * The location (room) for a written examination is published 3 days before examination date. If more than one room is listed, you will find your room at Studentweb.
For more information regarding registration for examination and examination procedures, see "Innsida - Exams"