Course - Mapping and Land Surveying - YFLB2003
YFLB2003 - Mapping and Land Surveying
Lessons are not given in the academic year 2020/2021
Geodetic foundation for surveying and mapping. Instrument theory: Levels, Theodolite, Total Station. Measurement Learning: Height measurement angle measurement and distance measurement. Calculation of levelling, coordinate calculation, single point measurement, trigonometric altitude measurement, launching and tunnelworks. GNSS orientation and machine management. Orientation on Norwegian mapping and municipal surveying.
- The candidate has basic knowledge of instruments and measurement methods in which level, flat plane laser and total station are used.
- The candidate knows the basics and reference system for geographical information, and the most common calculation and drawing methods used.
- The candidate has basic knowledge of plans and maps, and knows how maps are used in planning.
- The candidate knows different standards of geographical information and methods for quality assessment of measurements performed.
- The candidate can perform simple measurement tasks and controls using level, total station and laser, and can process own measurements in manual calculation tasks.
- The candidate can use the most common plans and maps in the building industry.
-The candidate may apply knowledge and skills in the subject to own practice in high school / business.
- The candidate can plan and conduct varied tasks and projects on its own and as part of a group, while upholding ethical demands and guidelines.
-The candidate can relay central theories, problems and solutions relevant to the subject, both orally and in writing as well as other relevant means of expression.
Learning methods and activities
Lectures, instrument training and excercises.
- Mandatory Excersises - 80 % attendance in lectures
- Mandatory Excersises
Further on evaluation
Aid Code / Allowed Aids:
- Calculator: HP30S; Citizen SR270; Citizen SR270X; Casio fx-82ES / PLUS.
- Gyldendal's formula collection in mathematics
No other printed / written notes or books are allowed.
80% attendance in lectures.
Compulsory activities from previous semester may be approved by the department.
Admission to a programme of study is required:
Vocational Teacher Education (BYRK)
Recommended previous knowledge
Required previous knowledge
"Geomatikkboka"; byggesaken.no; Oslo 2017
Credits: 7.5 SP
Study level: Intermediate course, level II
Language of instruction: Norwegian
- Engineering Subjects
- * The location (room) for a written examination is published 3 days before examination date. If more than one room is listed, you will find your room at Studentweb.
For more information regarding registration for examination and examination procedures, see "Innsida - Exams"