Background and activities
Fields of interest: Control engineering, hydrodynamics, modelling, marine control systems, autonmous systems, etc.
1993: Dr. ing. (Ph. D.) Electrical Engineering; Department of Engineering Cybernetics, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, the Norwegian Institute of Technology, Trondheim, Norway.
1988: Siv. ing. (M. Sc.) Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering; Department of Marine Systems Design, Faculty of Marine Technology, the Norwegian Institute of Technology, Trondheim, Norway.
Marine Cybernetics - Specialization
Marine Cybernetics Laboratory (MC-Lab)
Centre for Autonomous Marine Operations and Systems (AMOS)
Applied Underwater Laboratory (AUR-Lab)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Relative velocity control and integral line of sight for path following of autonomous surface vessels: Merging intuition with theory. Journal of Engineering for the Maritime Environment (Part M). volum 228 (2).
- (2014) Sea floor geometry approximation and altitude Control of ROVs. Control Engineering Practice. volum 29.
- (2014) Dynamic Positioning System as Dynamic Energy Storage on Diesel-Electric Ships. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems. volum 29 (6).
- (2014) Unmanned Aerial Vehicle as Communication Relay for Autonomous Underwater Vehicle - Field Tests. GLOBECOM - conference record / IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference.
- (2014) Scientific Operations Combining ROV and AUV in the Trondheim Fjord. Marine Technology Society journal. volum 48 (2).
- (2013) Simulator and Control System Design for a Free Floating Surface Effect Ship at Zero Vessel Speed. Elsevier IFAC Publications / IFAC Proceedings series. volum 8 (1).
- (2013) Continuous Curvature Path Planning using Voronoi diagrams and Fermat's spirals. Elsevier IFAC Publications / IFAC Proceedings series.
- (2013) Integration Filter for APS, DVL, IMU and Pressure Gauge for Underwater Vehicles. Elsevier IFAC Publications / IFAC Proceedings series. volum 9 (1).
- (2013) Trajectory Tracking Motion Control System for Observation Class ROVs. Elsevier IFAC Publications / IFAC Proceedings series. volum 9 (1).
- (2013) A novel methodology for robust dynamic positioning of marine vessels: theory and experiments. American Control Conference (ACC).
- (2013) Experimental results of Discrete Time Variable Structure Control for Dynamic Positioning of Marine Surface Vessels. Elsevier IFAC Publications / IFAC Proceedings series. volum 9 (1).
- (2012) Relative Velocity Control and Integral LOS for Path Following of Underactuated Surface Vessels in the Presence of Ocean Currents. Elsevier IFAC Publications / IFAC Proceedings series.
- (2012) Topics on Current Compensation for Path Following Applications of Underactuated Underwater Vehicles. Elsevier IFAC Publications / IFAC Proceedings series.
- (2011) Position-moored drilling vessel in level ice by control of riser end angles. Cold Regions Science and Technology. volum 66 (2-3).
- (2011) A survey of dynamic positioning control systems. Annual Reviews in Control. volum 35 (1).
- (2010) Control of Marine Riser end Angles by Position Mooring. Control Engineering Practice. volum 18 (9).
- (2009) Setpoint Chasing for Thruster-Assisted Position Mooring. IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering. volum 34 (4).
- (2009) Switching control for thruster-assisted position mooring. Control Engineering Practice. volum 17 (9).
- (2009) Antispin Thrust Allocation for Marine Vessels. IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology. volum 17 (6).
- (2009) Antispin Thruster Control for Ships. IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology. volum 17 (6).