Asgeir Johan SørensenProfessor, Director AMOS Department of Marine Technology Centre for autonomous marine operations and systems Faculty of Engineering Science and Technology
firstname.lastname@example.org +47 73595534 +47 91897457
Background and activities
Fields of interest: Control engineering, hydrodynamics, modelling, marine control systems, autonmous systems, etc.
1993: Dr. ing. (Ph. D.) Electrical Engineering; Department of Engineering Cybernetics, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, the Norwegian Institute of Technology, Trondheim, Norway.
1988: Siv. ing. (M. Sc.) Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering; Department of Marine Systems Design, Faculty of Marine Technology, the Norwegian Institute of Technology, Trondheim, Norway.
Marine Cybernetics - Specialization
Marine Cybernetics Laboratory (MC-Lab)
Centre for Autonomous Marine Operations and Systems (AMOS)
Applied Underwater Laboratory (AUR-Lab)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Dynamic consequence analysis of marine electric power plant in dynamic positioning. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 57.
- (2016) Towards integrated autonomous underwater operations for ocean mapping and monitoring. Annual Reviews in Control.
- (2016) Experimental study of current forces and deformations on a half ellipsoidal closed flexible fish cage. Journal of Fluids and Structures. vol. 65.
- (2015) Is ambient light during the high Arctic polar night sufficient to act as a visual cue for zooplankton?. PLoS ONE. vol. 10 (6).
- (2015) Boarding control system for improved accessibility to offshore wind turbines: Full-scale testing. Control Engineering Practice. vol. 45.
- (2015) Enabling technology for Arctic research. Pan European Networks: Science and Techology Magazine. vol. 15.
- (2015) DUBLETT Sensor-based hybrid observer for dynamic positioning. I E E E Conference on Decision and Control. Proceedings.
- (2015) Marine Vessel and Power Plant System Simulator. IEEE Access. vol. 3.
- (2015) Sensor-based autonomous path-planner for sea-bottom exploration and mosaicking. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 48 (16).
- (2015) Path generation for high-performance motion of ROVs based on a reference model. Modeling, Identification and Control. vol. 36 (2).
- (2015) Output feedback motion control system for observation class ROVs based on a high-gain state observer: Theoretical and experimental results. Control Engineering Practice. vol. 39.
- (2015) Integrated environmental mapping and monitoring, a methodological approach to optimise knowledge gathering and sampling strategy. Marine Pollution Bulletin. vol. 96 (1-2).
- (2015) Underwater Photogrammetric Mapping of an Intact Standing Steel Wreck with ROV. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 48 (2).
- (2015) Towards integrated autonomous underwater operations. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 48 (2).
- (2014) Light Climate and Status of the Photosynthetic Machinery in Macroalgae in the Polar Night. Ocean Optics.
- (2014) Relative velocity control and integral line of sight for path following of autonomous surface vessels: Merging intuition with theory. Journal of Engineering for the Maritime Environment (Part M). vol. 228 (2).
- (2014) Are krill eyes useful in the high Arctic polar night?. Ocean Optics.
- (2014) Sea floor geometry approximation and altitude Control of ROVs. Control Engineering Practice. vol. 29.
- (2014) Dynamic Positioning System as Dynamic Energy Storage on Diesel-Electric Ships. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems. vol. 29 (6).
- (2014) Unmanned aerial vehicle as communication relay for autonomous underwater vehicle — Field tests. IEEE Global Communications Conference, Exhibition, & Industry Forum (GLOBECOM). vol. 2014.