Asgeir Johan SørensenProfessor, Director AMOS Department of Marine Technology Centre for autonomous marine operations and systems Faculty of Engineering
email@example.com +47 73595534 +47 91897457
Background and activities
Fields of interest: Control engineering, hydrodynamics, modelling, marine control systems, autonmous systems, etc.
1993: Dr. ing. (Ph. D.) Electrical Engineering; Department of Engineering Cybernetics, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, the Norwegian Institute of Technology, Trondheim, Norway.
1988: Siv. ing. (M. Sc.) Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering; Department of Marine Systems Design, Faculty of Marine Technology, the Norwegian Institute of Technology, Trondheim, Norway.
Marine Cybernetics - Specialization
Marine Cybernetics Laboratory (MC-Lab)
Centre for Autonomous Marine Operations and Systems (AMOS)
Applied Underwater Laboratory (AUR-Lab)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Robust Dynamic Positioning of offshore vessels using mixed-μ synthesis modeling, design, and practice. Ocean Engineering. vol. 129.
- (2017) Approaches to Economic Energy Management in Diesel-Electric Marine Vessels. IEEE Transactions on Transportation Electrification.
- (2016) Hybrid Observer Combining Measurements of Different Fidelities. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (23).
- (2016) Hybrid observer for improved transient performance of a marine vessel in dynamic positioning. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (18).
- (2016) Dynamic consequence analysis of marine electric power plant in dynamic positioning. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 57.
- (2016) Integral Line-of-Sight Guidance and Control of Underactuated Marine Vehicles: Theory, Simulations and Experiments. IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology. vol. 24 (5).
- (2016) The use of underwater hyperspectral imaging deployed on remotely operated vehicle – methods and applications. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (23).
- (2016) Towards integrated autonomous underwater operations for ocean mapping and monitoring. Annual Reviews in Control. vol. 42.
- (2016) Hybrid modeling of strategic loading of a marine hybrid power plant with experimental validation. IEEE Access. vol. 4.
- (2016) Hybrid marine power plants model validation with strategic loading. Elsevier IFAC Publications / IFAC Proceedings series. vol. 49 (23).
- (2016) Reduction of fuel consumption on hybrid marine power plants by strategic loading with energy storage devices. IEEE Power and Energy Technology Systems Journal. vol. PP (99).
- (2016) Wind Model for Simulation of Thrust Variations on a Wind Turbine. Energy Procedia. vol. 94.
- (2016) Reduced Order Model for Control Applications in Offshore Wind Turbines. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (23).
- (2016) Experimental study of current forces and deformations on a half ellipsoidal closed flexible fish cage. Journal of Fluids and Structures. vol. 65.
- (2016) An Output Feedback Controller with Improved Transient Response of Marine Vessels in Dynamic Positioning. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (23).
- (2016) A new method for underwater archaeological surveying using sensors and unmanned platforms. Elsevier IFAC Publications / IFAC Proceedings series. vol. 49 (23).
- (2015) Is ambient light during the high Arctic polar night sufficient to act as a visual cue for zooplankton?. PLoS ONE. vol. 10 (6).
- (2015) Boarding control system for improved accessibility to offshore wind turbines: Full-scale testing. Control Engineering Practice. vol. 45.
- (2015) Enabling technology for Arctic research. Pan European Networks: Science and Techology Magazine. vol. 15.
- (2015) DUBLETT Sensor-based hybrid observer for dynamic positioning. I E E E Conference on Decision and Control. Proceedings.