Background and activities
Berit Bungum is employed at the Resource Centre for Education in Mathematics, Science and Technology.
Berit Bungum works within physics and technology education. This include research. on students motivation for choosing to study science, illustrations I physics textbooks in a historical perspective, teaching of design and technology in compulsory school, and teaching av modern physics in upper secondary school in the project ReleQuant in collaboration with the University of Oslo and the National Centre for Science Education.
Teaching is within professional development for teachers in Science, Physics and Technology, as well as supervision of master and PhD students.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2015) Students’ use of the interactive whiteboard during physics group work. European Journal of Engineering Education. vol. 40 (2).
- (2014) Science and Mathematics as part of practical projects in technology and design: An analysis of challenges in realising the curriculum in Norwegian schools. NorDiNa : Nordic Studies in Science Education. vol. 10 (1).
- (2014) Mathematical speech and practical action: a case study of the challenges of including mathematics in a school technology project. International journal of mathematical education in science and technology. vol. 45 (8).
- (2014) Relativity, quantum physics and philosophy in the upper secondary curriculum: Challenges, opportunities and proposed approaches. Physics Education. vol. 49 (6).
- (2013) Textbook images: How do they invite students into physics?. Physics Education. vol. 48 (5).
- (2013) Design knowledge and teacher-student interactions in an inventive construction task. International Journal of Technology and Design Education. vol. 23 (3).
- (2013) A space for learning: how teachers benefit from participating in a professional community of space technology. Research in Science & Technological Education. vol. 31 (1).
- (2011) Fysikkdidaktikk. Cappelen Damm Høyskoleforlaget. 2011. ISBN 978-82-7634-878-1.
- (2006) Naturfag tema: Energi i hverdagen. 2006. ISBN 9788202254582.
- (2006) Mekaniske leker: Prinsipper og ideer. 2006. ISBN 978-82-7923-048-9. Sl-serien (10).
- (2003) Naturfagdidaktikk. Perspektiver Forskning Utvikling. Gyldendal Akademisk. 2003. ISBN 82-05-31477-2.
- (2003) Elektronikk for skolen. 2003. ISBN 82-7923026-2.
Part of book/report
- (2013) Making it work: How students can experience authentic science inquiry in design and technology projects. Inquiry in Science Education and Science Teacher Education.
- (2003) Teknologi - naturvitenskapens uekte barn? En slektsgranskning med undervisningsmessige konsekvenser. Naturfagdidaktikk. Perspektiver Forskning Utvikling.