Geir Arild EspnesProfessor Department of Social Work and Health Science
email@example.com +47 90165153
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2015) Sense of coherence and chronic illnesses: Scope for research in India. Journal of Social Health and Diabetes. vol. 3 (2).
- (2015) Nursing staff interactions during the older residents' transition into long-term care facility in a nursing home in rural Norway: an ethnographic study. BMC Health Services Research. vol. 15 (125).
- (2014) Nursing staff's actions during older residents' transition into long-term care facility in a nursing home in rural Norway. International Journal of Qualitative Studies on Health and Well-being. vol. 9.
- (2014) Experiences faced by next of kin during their older family members' transition into long-term care in a Norwegian nursing home. Journal of Clinical Nursing. vol. 23 (15-16).
- (2014) Health Promotion in small communities: why, how and by whom?. European Journal of Public Health. vol. 24.
- (2014) The Relationships between Self-Transcendence and Spiritual Well-Being in Cognitively Intact Nursing Home Patients. International Journal of Older People Nursing. vol. 9 (1).
- (2014) Religiousness and Social Support: A Study in Secular Norway. Review of religious research.
- (2014) Do Optimism and Pessimism Mediate the Relationship between Religious Coping and Existential Well-Being? Examining Mechanisms in a Norwegian Population Sample. The international journal for the psychology of religion.
- (2014) Stress, sense of coherence and emotional symptoms in adolescents. Psychology and Health. vol. 29 (1).
- (2014) Physical activity, resilience, and depressive symptoms in adolescence. Mental Health and Physical Activity. vol. 7 (2).
- (2014) Health promotion and prison settings. International Journal of Prisoner Health. vol. 10 (1).
- (2014) Self-care telephone talks as a health-promotion intervention in urban home-living persons 75+ years of age: a randomized controlled study. Clinical Interventions in Aging. vol. 9.
- (2014) Return to work after vocational rehabilitation: does mindfulness matter?. Psychology Research and Behavior Management. vol. 7.
- (2013) Nurse-patient interaction: A resource for hope in cognitively intact nursing home patients. Journal of Holistic Nursing. vol. 31 (3).
- (2013) Self-transcendence in cognitively intact nursing-home patients: a resource for well-being. Journal of Advanced Nursing. vol. 69 (5).
- (2013) Self-esteem and life satisfaction in adolescents: gender and age as potential moderators. Quality of Life Research. vol. 22 (10).
- (2013) The association between sense of coherence and life satisfaction in adolescents. Quality of Life Research. vol. 22 (6).
- (2013) The relationship between health promoting resources and work participation in a sample reporting musculoskeletal pain from the Nord-Trøndelag Health Study, HUNT 3, Norway. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders. vol. 14 (100).
- (2013) Being old and living alone in urban areas. The meaning of self-care and health on the perception of life situation and identity. Psychology Research and Behavior Management. vol. 6.
- (2013) Lived experiences of self-care among older physically active urban-living individuals. Clinical Interventions in Aging. vol. 8.