Postal addressDepartment of Electronics and Telecommunications Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim
Short biography Max 160 characters [0/160]
My research area: Nanophotonic Devices and Materials
In 2005 I was appointed professor in nanoelectronics, nanophotonics and nanomagnetics as part of our University's strategic focus on nanotechnology. At the Institute for Electronics and Telecommunications I now lead a research group that fabricates and characterizes nano-scale semiconductor materials like nanowires containing single quantum dots. We fabricate our nanostructures with a molecular beam epitaxy system at our institute together with professor Bjørn-Ove Fimland. I study also applications of nanomaterials in optical devices such as solar cells, lasers, and sensors. Of particular interest is the electrical and optical characterization of these nano systems using techniques such as nano-luminescence microscopy.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Position-Controlled Uniform GaAs Nanowires on Silicon using Nanoimprint Lithography. Nano letters (Print). volum 14 (2).
- (2013) Comparison of Be-doped GaAs nanowires grown by Au- and Ga-assisted molecular beam epitaxy. Journal of Crystal Growth. volum 378.
- (2013) Controlling crystal phases in GaAs nanowires grown by Au-assisted molecular beam epitaxy. Nanotechnology. volum 24 (1).
- (2013) Self-catalyzed MBE grown GaAs/GaAsxSb1-x core-shell nanowires in ZB and WZ crystal structures. Nanotechnology. volum 24 (40).
- (2013) Compositional characterization of GaAs/GaAsSb nanowires by quantitative HAADF-STEM. Micron. volum 44.
- (2013) Polarization dependent photocurrent spectroscopy of single wurtzite GaAs/AlGaAs core-shell nanowires. Applied Physics Letters. volum 102 (14:142107).
- (2013) Numerical Analysis and Device Optimization of Radial p-n Junction GaAs/AlGaAs Core-Shell Nanowire Solar Cells. Numerical Simulation of Optoelectronic Devices (NUSOD), International Conference.
- (2013) Crystal phase engineering in self-catalyzed GaAs and GaAs/GaAsSb nanowires grown on Si(111). Journal of Crystal Growth. volum 372.
- (2013) Advances in semiconductor nanowire growth on graphene. Physica Status Solidi. Rapid Research Letters. volum 7 (10).
- (2013) The effects of Sb concentration variation on the optical properties of GaAsSb/GaAs heterostructured nanowires. Semiconductor Science and Technology. volum 28 (11).
- (2013) Electrical, optical and structural properties of Al-doped ZnO thin films grown on GaAs(111)B substrates by pulsed laser deposition. Thin Solid Films. volum 545.
- (2012) A Story Told by a Single Nanowire: Optical Properties of Wurtzite GaAs. Nano letters (Print). volum 12 (12).
- (2012) Vertically Aligned GaAs Nanowires on Graphite and Few-Layer Graphene: Generic Model and Epitaxial Growth. Nano letters (Print). volum 12 (9).
- (2012) Investigations of Bragg reflectors in nanowire lasers. Journal of Applied Physics. volum 111 (12).
- (2012) Epitaxial relationships of ZnO nanostructures grown by Au-assisted pulsed laser deposition on c- and a-plane sapphire. Journal of Crystal Growth. volum 355 (1).
- (2011) Photoluminescence Polarization Anisotropy in a Single Heterostructured III-V Nanowire with Mixed Crystal Phases. AIP Conference Proceedings. volum 1399.
- (2011) Photocurrent Spectroscopy of Single Wurtzite GaAs Nanowires. AIP Conference Proceedings. volum 1399.
- (2011) Model for reflection and transmission matrices of nanowire end facets. Journal of Applied Physics. volum 109 (10).
- (2011) Correlated micro-photoluminescence and electron microscopy study of a heterostructured semiconductor nanowire. Journal of Physics, Conference Series. volum 326.
- (2011) Correlated micro-photoluminescence and electron microscopy studies of the same individual heterostructured semiconductor nanowires. Nanotechnology. volum 22 (32).