Background and activities
John Krogstie holds a PhD (1995) and a MSc (1991) in information systems from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), where he is currently a full professor in information systems. John Krogstie is the Norwegian representative for IFIP TC8 and chair of IFIP WG 8.1 on information system design and evaluations. His research interests are information systems modelling, quality of models and modelling languages, eGovernment and mobile information systems. He has published around 200 refereed papers in journals, books and archival proceedings since 1991.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2015) Exploring the relationship between video lecture usage patterns and students' attitudes. British Journal of Educational Technology.
- (2015) Open, Autonomous Digital Ecosystems – How to Create and Evolve Trustworthy Systems of Systems?. ERCIM News.
- (2015) A semiotic approach to investigate quality issues of open big data ecosystems. IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology. vol. 449.
- (2014) Externalization of User Model in Mobile Services. International Journal of Interactive Mobile Technologies (iJIM). vol. 8 (1).
- (2014) Lifestyles and mobile services adoption in China. International Journal of E-Business Research. vol. 10 (3).
- (2014) Adoption of mobile information services: An empirical study. International Journal of Mobile Information Systems. vol. 10 (2).
- (2014) The Adoption of Mobile Games in China: An Empirical Study. IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology. vol. 426.
- (2014) Looking at MOOCs rapid growth through thelens of video-based learning research. International Journal: Emerging Technologies in Learning. vol. 9 (1).
- (2014) Ensuring Quality of Large Scale Industrial Process Collections: Experiences from a Case Study. Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing. vol. 197.
- (2014) Using Semantic Web for Mobile Services Personalization. International Journal of u- and e- Service, Science and Technology. vol. 7 (2).
- (2014) A User-Study on Context-aware Group Recommendation for Concerts. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1210.
- (2014) WORK DISTRIBUTION IN INFORMATION SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT, MAINTENANCE AND EVOLUTION. NOKOBIT - Norsk konferanse for organisasjoners bruk av informasjonsteknologi. vol. 22 (1).
- (2013) Mobile Services Personalization Evaluation Model. International Journal of u- and e- Service, Science and Technology. vol. 6 (2).
- (2013) Modeling computer-supported reflective learning: combining a high-level timeline view with reflection cycles and tool use. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1103.
- (2013) Linking reflective learning and knowledge maturing in organizations. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1103.
- (2013) A Semiotic Approach to Data Quality. Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing. vol. 147.
- (2013) Evaluating Data Quality for Integration of Data Sources. Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing. vol. 165.
- (2013) Perspectives to Process Modeling. Studies in Computational Intelligence. vol. 444.
- (2013) A CONCEPTUAL FRAMEWORK FOR APPLICATION OF GROUP RECOMMENDATIONS TECHNIQUES IN INFORMATION SYSTEMS. NOKOBIT - Norsk konferanse for organisasjoners bruk av informasjonsteknologi.
- (2013) Experiences from teaching Enterprise Modelling to Students of Information Systems. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1023.
Postal addressDepartment of Computer and Information Science Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim Norway
- Computer technology
- Information and communication systems
- Information policy
- Knowledge retrieval and organisation
- Computer science
- Information systems
- Data modelling
- Computer supported cooperation
- Mobile informatics
- Object oriented modelling/programming
- Mobile applications & services
- Conceptual Modelling
- IT-supported organizational change
- Public Sector
- Knowledge modelling
- Enterprise modeling
- Information systems modeling
- Process modeling