Short biography Max 160 characters [0/160]
- Cand polit (MSc) University of Bergen - 1985
- PhD University of Bergen - 1994 Hospital Efficiency in Norway: A Nonparametric Analysis", Dissertations in Economics, 6, University of Bergen
- Researcher/Senior researcher/ research director SINTEF - 1986-2004
- Professor in health economics at the Department of Public Health and General Practice since 2005
- Professor II in health economics at the University of Oslo since 2007
- Head of department at the Department of Public Health and General Practice, NTNU since 1.8 2009
- Organization and financing of health care services.
- Comparative health policy and health systems research.
- Productivity and efficiency in the health care sector.
In peer-reviewed journals:
Martinussen P and J Magnussen: "Resisting market inspired reform in health care: The role of professional subcultures in medicine." Social Science & Medicine, 2011 (73): 193-200
Magnussen J: "Equal access for equal need? Constructing and Implementing a capitation-based formula for the distribution of health care resources in Norway". Int J Circumpolar Health, 2010 69(5):448-461
Medin E, Anthun KS, Häkkinen U, Kittelsen SAC, Linna M, Magnussen J, Olsen K, Rehnberg C, 2010: Cost efficiency of university hospitals in the Nordic countries: a cross-country analysis, European Journal of Health Economics, Online 29. July
Linna M, Häkkinen U, Peltola M, Magnussen J, Anthun KS, Kittelsen SAC, Roed A, Olsen K, Medin E and Rehnberg C: Measuring cost efficiency in the Nordic Hospitals -a cross-sectional comparison of public hospitals in 2002, Health Care Management Science, 2010 (13): 346-357
Bjørn E, Hagen T P, Iversen T and J Magnussen: "How different are hospitals' responses to a financial reform? The impact on efficiency of activity-based financing". Health Care Management Science, 2010 13: 1-16
Halsteinli V, Kittelsen S and J Magnussen: " Productivity growth in outpatient child and adolescent mental health services: The impact of case-mix adjustment Social Science & Medicine, 201070 (3)439-446
Contributions to books:
Magnussen J and J Kalseth: "Geografisk fordeling av ressurser til helsetjenester". (Allocation of resources for health care services). In K Haug, OM Kaarbøe and T Olsen (red): Et helsevesen uten grenser. Cappelen Damm 2009 ISBN 9788202307165
Rehnberg C, Magnussen J and K Luoma: "Maintaining fiscal sustainability in the Nordic countries". In Magnussen J, Vrangbæk K and Saltman R (eds): Nordic health care systems. Recent reforms and current policy challenges. LondonOpen University Press 2009
Martinussen P and J Magnussen: "Healthcare reform – the Nordic experience". In Magnussen J, Vrangbæk K and Saltman R (eds): Nordic health care systems. Recent reforms and current policy challenges. London. Open University Press 2009
Magnussen J, Saltman R, Vrangbæk K and P Martinussen: "The Nordic model of health care." In Magnussen J, Vrangbæk K and Saltman R (eds): Nordic health care systems. Recent reforms and current policy challenges. London. Open University Press 2009
Pettersen I J, Magnussen J, Nyland K and T Bjørnenak: Økonomi og helse. Perspektiver på styring. (Economics and health. Perspectives on governance.) Cappelen Damm 2009ISBN:9788202263324