Background and activities
Mari-Ann Einarsrud is a professor in inorganic chemistry at the Department of Materials Science and Engineering, since 1997 and was associate professor at the Department of Inorganic Chemistry 1987-1997 (NTH/NTNU). She has international experience being a visiting professor at MIT in the US, NIRIM (NIMS) and AIST in Japan as well as at Stockholms University, Sweden.
Mari-Ann Einarsrud (born 1960) has an MSc in Chemistry from NTH (1983) and a PhD in Inorganic Chemistry from NTH (1987).
She is author/co-author of >180 publications in international journals with referee. She has been the supervisor for 21 PhD candidates and 10 postdocs. She is one of the founders of the spin-off company CerPoTech AS.
- Ceramic, nanostructured and inorganic materials
- Wet chemical synthesis methods; powders, nanoparticles, nanostructured materials and thin films
- Development of ceramic materials with designed microstructure - texturing
- Functional oxides for energy technology (fuel cells, membranes)
- Ferroic oxide materials
2014 - Head of section at Department of Materials Science and Engineering, NTNU
2007 - 2008 Head of board for Nanotechnology study program at NTNU
2002 Member of international committee to elaborate Nanotechnology at NTNU
1996 - 2001 Member of the Executive Board of NTNU, Norway
1990 - 1996 Head and deputy head of Department of Inorganic Chemistry, NTH, Norway
Commissions of trust
2015 Member of review panel at Slovenian Research Agency
2015 - Member of the basic research evaluation panel at Swedish Energy Agency
2015 - Member of the materials science review panel at Swedish Foundation for Strategic Research
2007 - 2014 Review panel member, The Swedish Research Council, Sweden.
2009 Member of Committee to summarize chemistry evaluation in Norway, RCN.
2006 Member of committee to elaborate Nanotechnology in Norway, RCN.
2001 - 2005 Member of the board for the national PROSBIO research program, RCN.
2004- Chair for advanced inorganic materials in KIFEE
1995 - 1999 Member of Program for Research in Materials Science, RCN.
Fellowships, memberships and awards
2016 Profiled in Lynette D. Madsen, “Successful Women Ceramic and Glass Scientists: 100 Inspirational Profiles”, Wiley, 2016.
2009 Elected member, The Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters
2009 Elected member, The Royal Norwegian Society of Sciences and Letters
1999 Elected member, Norwegian Academy of Technological Sciences
1992 Japan Science and Technology Fellowship
1987 Esso Research Price for Fundamental Research for best PhD thesis, NTH
1984 - 1986 Norwegian Institute of Technology PhD Scholarship
- TMT4130 Inorganic Chemistry
- TMT4145 Ceramics Engineering
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Luminescent Eu3+-doped NaLa(WO4)(MoO4) and Ba2CaMoO6 prepared by the modified Pechini method. Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology. vol. 77.
- (2015) Aqueous tape casting and mechanical properties of La2NiO4 dense membranes. Journal of the European Ceramic Society. vol. 35 (1).
- (2015) Sintering of sub-micron K0.5Na0.5NbO3 powders fabricated by spray pyrolysis. Journal of the European Ceramic Society. vol. 35 (5).
- (2015) Thermal Conductivity of A-site Cation-Deficient La-Substituted SrTiO3 Produced by Spark Plasma Sintering. Energy Harvesting and Systems. vol. 2 (1-2).
- (2015) In-situ structural investigations of ferroelasticity in soft and hard rhombohedral and tetragonal PZT. Journal of Applied Physics. vol. 118 (16).
- (2015) Wavelength and orientation dependent capture of light by diatom frustule nanostructures. Scientific Reports. vol. 5 (17403).
- (2015) Optical properties of single diatom frustules revealed by confocal microspectroscopy. Optics Letters. vol. 40 (5).
- (2015) Electrical conductivity and thermopower of (1-x) BiFeO3 - xBi(0.5)K(0.5)TiO(3) (x=0.1, 0.2) ceramics near the ferroelectric to paraelectric phase transition. Physical Chemistry, Chemical Physics - PCCP. vol. 17 (14).
- (2014) Piezoelectric K0.5Na0.5NbO3 Ceramics Textured Using Needlelike K0.5Na0.5NbO3 Templates. Journal of The American Ceramic Society. vol. 97 (12).
- (2014) 1D oxide nanostructures from chemical solutions. Chemical Society Reviews. vol. 43 (7).
- (2014) Asymmetric supported dense lanthanum tungstate membranes. Journal of the European Ceramic Society. vol. 34 (15).
- (2014) Deposition of silica nanoparticles onto alumina measured by optical reflectometry and quartz crystal microbalance with dissipation techniques. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects. vol. 443.
- (2014) Synthesis and characterization of hybrid aminopropyl silane-based coatings on stainless steel substrates. Surface & Coatings Technology. vol. 238.
- (2014) Effect of crystallographic orientation in textured Baa0.92Ca0.08TiO3 piezoelectric materials. Journal of Applied Physics. vol. 116 (13).
- (2014) Rayleigh analysis of dielectric properties in textured K0.5Na0.5NbO3 ceramics. Journal of Applied Physics. vol. 116 (21).
- (2014) Anelastic properties of La0.6Sr0.4Co1−yFeyO3-δ at high temperatures. Solid State Ionics. vol. 262.
- (2014) Atmosphere controlled conductivity and Maxwell-Wagner relaxation in Bi0.5K0.5TiO3 – BiFeO3 ceramics. Journal of Applied Physics. vol. 115.
- (2014) Control of conductivity and electric field induced strain in bulk Bi0.5K0.5TiO3-BiFeO3 ceramics. Applied Physics Letters. vol. 104 (12).
- (2014) Octoxy capped Si nanoparticles synthesized by homogeneous reduction of SiCl4 with crown ether alkalide. Dalton Transactions. vol. 43 (5).
- (2014) Optimisation of chemical solution deposition of indium tin oxide thin films. Thin Solid Films. vol. 573.