Background and activities
Areas of speciality
- Ceramic, nanostructured and inorganic materials
- Wet chemica synthesis methods; powders, nanoparticles, nanostructured materials and thin films
- Development of ceramic materials with designed microstructure - texturing
- Functional oxides ofr energy technology (fuel cells, membranes)
- Ferroic oxide materials
- TMT4130 Inorganic Chemistry
- TMT4145 Ceramics Engineering
Head of section at Department of Materials Science and Engineering
Chair for Advanced Inorganic Materials Group in KIFEE
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2015) Aqueous tape casting and mechanical properties of La2NiO4 dense membranes. Journal of the European Ceramic Society. vol. 35 (1).
- (2015) Sintering of sub-micron K0.5Na0.5NbO3 powders fabricated by spray pyrolysis. Journal of the European Ceramic Society. vol. 35 (5).
- (2015) Optical properties of single diatom frustules revealed by confocal microspectroscopy. Optics Letters. vol. 40 (5).
- (2015) Luminescent Eu3+-doped NaLa(WO4)(MoO4) and Ba2CaMoO6 prepared by the modified Pechini method. Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology.
- (2015) Electrical conductivity and thermopower of (1-x) BiFeO3 - xBi(0.5)K(0.5)TiO(3) (x=0.1, 0.2) ceramics near the ferroelectric to paraelectric phase transition. Physical Chemistry, Chemical Physics - PCCP. vol. 17 (14).
- (2014) Piezoelectric K0.5Na0.5NbO3 Ceramics Textured Using Needlelike K0.5Na0.5NbO3 Templates. Journal of The American Ceramic Society. vol. 97 (12).
- (2014) 1D oxide nanostructures from chemical solutions. Chemical Society Reviews. vol. 43 (7).
- (2014) Asymmetric supported dense lanthanum tungstate membranes. Journal of the European Ceramic Society. vol. 34 (15).
- (2014) Deposition of silica nanoparticles onto alumina measured by optical reflectometry and quartz crystal microbalance with dissipation techniques. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects. vol. 443.
- (2014) Synthesis and characterization of hybrid aminopropyl silane-based coatings on stainless steel substrates. Surface & Coatings Technology. vol. 238.
- (2014) Effect of crystallographic orientation in textured Baa0.92Ca0.08TiO3 piezoelectric materials. Journal of Applied Physics. vol. 116 (13).
- (2014) Rayleigh analysis of dielectric properties in textured K0.5Na0.5NbO3 ceramics. Journal of Applied Physics. vol. 116 (21).
- (2014) Anelastic properties of La0.6Sr0.4Co1−yFeyO3-δ at high temperatures. Solid State Ionics. vol. 262.
- (2014) Atmosphere controlled conductivity and Maxwell-Wagner relaxation in Bi0.5K0.5TiO3 – BiFeO3 ceramics. Journal of Applied Physics. vol. 115.
- (2014) Control of conductivity and electric field induced strain in bulk Bi0.5K0.5TiO3-BiFeO3 ceramics. Applied Physics Letters. vol. 104 (12).
- (2014) Octoxy capped Si nanoparticles synthesized by homogeneous reduction of SiCl4 with crown ether alkalide. Dalton Transactions. vol. 43 (5).
- (2014) Optimisation of chemical solution deposition of indium tin oxide thin films. Thin Solid Films. vol. 573.
- (2014) Solid solubility of rare earth elements (Nd, Eu, Tb) in In2−xSnxO3 – effect on electrical conductivity and optical properties. Dalton Transactions. vol. 43 (25).
- (2014) Solid-State Synthesis and Properties of Relaxor (1 – x)BKT–xBNZ Ceramics. Journal of The American Ceramic Society. vol. 97 (9).
- (2014) Thermal and mechanical properties of crack-designed thick lanthanum zirconate coatings. Journal of the European Ceramic Society. vol. 34 (4).