Background and activities
- Blockchain technologies
- Bitcoin, Lightning Network, Payment networks
- Ethereum, Global Autonomous Computer
- Peer-to-Peer computing and Mobile computing
- Mobile application development, Wearables
- Mobile Games
Mariusz Nowostawski. Programmer. Computer Scientist. Teacher. Mariusz is an Associate Professor at Norwegian University of Science and Technology. Previously, an academic lecturer at University of Otago, New Zealand. His MSc studies were focused on AI and machine learning, and his PhD on autonomous systems and computational modelling of the biological process of life. Passionate about self-organising systems, adaptive and autonomous computation.
Mariusz has worked on high-end networking applications on GPUs and multicore systems with Sun Microsystems and Oracle. He is currently involved in forensics research with Europol. Bitcoin anonymity. Cryptocurrencies.
Teaching: game and graphics programming, mobile, peer-to-peer and blockchain technologies.
Hardcore explorer and thinker. Rock climber. Paragliding pilot and long distance runner.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Generalising Social Structure Using Interval Type-2 Fuzzy Sets. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 9862.
- (2016) From Institutions to Code: Towards Automated Generation of Smart Contracts. 2016 IEEE 1st International Workshops on Foundations and Applications of Self* Systems (FAS*W).
- (2016) Blockchain: The Emergence of Distributed Autonomous Institutions. SOTICS 2016 The Sixth International Conference on Social Media Technologies, Communication, and Informatics.
- (2015) Analysing the apprenticeship system in the Maghribi traders coalition. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 9002.
- (2015) Modelling dynamic normative understanding in agent societies. Scalable Computing : Practice and Experience. vol. 16 (4).
- (2015) DUBLETT - Modelling the impact of role specialisation on cooperative behaviour in historic trader scenarios. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 9372.
- (2015) HIPing Innovation Education in University: Introducing socio-technical concepts for cross-disciplinary teams in applied computer sciences. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1374.
- (2015) Fuzzy Modeling of Economic Institutional Rules. Springer Publishing Company. 2015. ISBN 978-1-4614-3441-2.
- (2015) Modelling the Impact of Role Specialisation on Cooperative Behaviour in Historic Trader Scenarios. Coordination, Organizations, Institutions, and Norms in Agent Systems X, COIN 2014 International Workshops, COIN@AAMAS, Paris, France, May 6, 2014, COIN@PRICAI, Gold Coast, QLD, Australia, December 4, 2014, Revised Selected Papers.
- (2015) Analysing the Apprenticeship System in the Maghribi Traders Coalition. Multi-Agent-Based Simulation XV International Workshop, MABS 2014, Paris, France, May 5-6, 2014, Revised Selected Papers.
- (2014) DUBLETT: Modelling dynamic normative understanding in agent societies. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 8861.
- (2014) Agent-Based Modeling of Information Transmission in Early Historic Trading. Social science computer review. vol. 32 (3).
- (2014) Modelling institutions using dynamic deontics. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 8386 LNAI.
- (2014) Analysing the Dynamics of Norm Evolution using Interval Type-2 Fuzzy Sets. IEEE/WIC/ACM International Joint Conferences on Web Intelligence (WI) and Intelligent Agent Technologies (IAT), WI-IAT 2014; 11-14 August 2014, Warsaw, Poland.
- (2014) Modelling Dynamic Normative Understanding in Agent Societies. PRIMA 2014: Principles and Practice of Multi-Agent Systems 17th International Conference, Gold Coast, QLD Australia, December 1-5, 2014. Proceedings.
- (2014) Modelling Institutions Using Dynamic Deontics. Coordination, Organizations, Institutions, and Norms in Agent Systems IX COIN 2013 International Workshops, COIN@AAMAS, St. Paul, MN, USA, May 6, 2013, COIN@PRIMA, Dunedin, New Zealand, December 3, 2013, Revised Selected Papers.
- (2014) Agent-Based Modelling of Primitive Human Communities. IEEE/WIC/ACM International Joint Conferences on Web Intelligence (WI) and Intelligent Agent Technologies (IAT), WI-IAT 2014; 11-14 August 2014, Warsaw, Poland.
- (2014) Towards Energy-aware Optimisation of Business Processes. Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Smart Grids and Green IT Systems; 03-04 April 2014, Barcelona, Spain.