Postal addressDepartment of Chemical Engineering Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim Norway
Øyvind Weiby Gregersen
Background and activities
My work at NTNU
From August 1st 2013 I am the vice dean for education and dissemination at the faculty of Natural Sciences and Tecnology of NTNU. In addition I work as professor in paper technology and paper physics. I primarily focus my research on paper physics, mechanical pulping and production and modification of microfibrillated cellulose. Most of my research is done in close co-operation with the Paper and fibre institute (PFI). Together with a research group at Mid Sweeden University I have started a spin off company called Collimated Chipping Technology, CCT which is working with improoved wood chipping technology.
Currently I teach the subjects TKP 4180 Bioenergy and fibre technology, TKP 4560 Paper and fibre technology and KP8117 Paper pysics and paper chemistry and TKP4120 Process Engineering.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Cellulose nanofibrils: Challenges and possibilities as a paper additive or coating material - A review. Nordic Pulp & Paper Research Journal. volum 29 (1).
- (2014) Effects of hydrophobic polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxane coating on water vapour barrier and water resistance properties of paperboard. Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology. volum 69 (2).
- (2013) EVALUATION OF COLLIMATED CHIPPING TECHNOLOGY FOR REDUCING ENERGY CONSUMPTION IN MECHANICAL PULPING. Pulp & paper Canada. volum 114 (6).
- (2013) Filler clay induced discolouration of bleached mechanical pulp. Nordic Pulp & Paper Research Journal. volum 28 (1).
- (2013) Effect of sodium dithionite post-bleaching on the clay-induced discolouration of a hydrogen peroxide bleached mechanical pulp. Nordic Pulp & Paper Research Journal. volum 28 (3).
- (2013) Reaction kinetics and mechanisms of filler clay-induced discolouration of bleached mechanical pulp. Nordic Pulp & Paper Research Journal. volum 28 (3).
- (2013) Gas-phase esterification of microfibrillated cellulose (MFC) films. Cellulose (London). volum 20 (3).
- (2013) TEMPO-Mediated Oxidation of Norway Spruce and Eucalyptus Pulps: Preparation and Characterization of Nanofibers and Nanofiber Dispersions. Journal of polymers and the environment. volum 21 (1).
- (2012) Evaluation of collimated chipping technology for reducing energy consumption in mechanical pulping. Journal of science & technology for forest products and processes. volum 2 (3).
- (2012) The effect of MFC on the pressability and paper properties of TMP and GCC based sheets. Nordic Pulp & Paper Research Journal. volum 27 (2).
- (2012) The effect of newsprint furnish composition and sheet structure on wet pressing efficiency. Nordic Pulp & Paper Research Journal. volum 27 (4).
- (2012) The web structure in relation to the furnish composition and shoe press pulse profiles during wet pressing. Nordic Pulp & Paper Research Journal. volum 27 (4).
- (2012) Polyethylene/octa-(ethyl octadeca-10,13 dienoamide) silsesquioxane blends and the adhesion strength to paperboard. International Journal of Adhesion and Adhesives. volum 38.
- (2012) TEMPO-oxidized cellulose nanofiber films: effect of surface morphology on water resistance. Cellulose (London). volum 19 (4).
- (2012) The formation and characterization of sustainable layered films incorporating Microfibrillated Cellulose (MFC). BioResources. volum 7 (3).
- (2012) Mechanical and oxygen barrier properties of films prepared from fibrillated dispersions of TEMPO-oxidized Norway spruce and Eucalyptus pulps. Cellulose (London). volum 19 (3).
- (2011) Properties of wood chips for thermomechanical pulp (TMP) production as a function of spout angle. Holzforschung. volum 65 (6).
- (2011) Rheological Studies of Microfibrillar Cellulose Water Dispersions. Journal of polymers and the environment. volum 19 (1).
- (2011) Removal of dissolved and colloidal substances from TMP process water using dissolved air flotation. Laboratory tests. Nordic Pulp & Paper Research Journal. volum 26 (1).
- (2011) Moisture Content of Polyethylene Coated Solid Fibreboard after Industrial Lamination. Packaging technology & science. volum 24 (3).