Pawel Tadeusz Sikorski
Short biography Max 160 characters [0/160]
Fields of speciality
My research at NTNU focuses on two related but still separate research topics. The first of those (Novel biomaterials for tissue engineering) originates from my previous research experience, long term research interests and strong local scientific environment at NTNU. The basic idea is rather simple: we apply inspiration from nature to get new degrees of freedom in design and fabrication of hydrogel based biomaterials. We focus on biomineralisation and alginate based hydrogels. For more information see Publication page here or page of my research group here. The second research area which can be described under "Nanostructured devices for cell studies" aims at taking full advantage of stare-of-the-art nano- and µ-fabrication facilities (NTNU Nanolab) established at NTNU in 2009 .
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts.
- (2013) The Structure of Cross-beta Tapes and Tubes Formed by an Octapeptide, alpha S beta 1. Angewandte Chemie International Edition. volum 52 (8).
- (2013) A Transparent Nanowire-Based Cell Impalement Device Suitable for Detailed Cell-Nanowire Interaction Studies. Small. volum 9 (2).
- (2012) Properties and cell compatibility of mineralized alginate hydrogel beads. European Cells and Materials. volum 23.
- (2012) Investigation of mineralized alginate gels as a scaffold material for stem cell based bone tissue engineering. Journal of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine. volum 6.
- (2012) Viscoelastic properties of mineralized alginate hydrogel beads. Journal of materials science. Materials in medicine. volum 23 (7).
- (2012) Biocomposites prepared by alkaline phosphatase mediated mineralization of alginate microbeads. RSC Advances. volum 2 (4).
- (2011) Oxidative fabrication of patterned, large, non-flaking CuO nanowire arrays. Nanotechnology. volum 22 (10).
- (2011) Polymorph Switching in the Calcium Carbonate System by Well-Defined Alginate Oligomers. Crystal Growth & Design. volum 11 (2).
- (2010) The Common Architecture of Cross-beta Amyloid. Journal of Molecular Biology. volum 395 (4).
- (2010) A bio-originated porous template for the fabrication of very long, inorganic nanotubes and nanowires. Bioinspiration & Biomimetics. volum 5 (2).
- (2010) Alginate-controlled formation of nanoscale calcium carbonate and hydroxyapatite mineral phase within hydrogel networks. Acta Biomaterialia. volum 6 (9).
- (2009) Dehydration stability of amyloid fibrils studied by AFM. European Biophysics Journal. volum 38 (8).
- (2009) Easy Route to Superhydrophobic Copper-Based Wire-Guided Droplet Microfluidic Systems. ACS Nano. volum 3 (9).
- (2009) Growth and nucleation of calcium carbonate vaterite crystals in presence of alginate. Crystal Growth & Design. volum 9 (12).
- (2009) Revisit of α-Chitin Crystal Structure Using High Resolution X-ray Diffraction Data. Biomacromolecules. volum 10 (5).
- (2009) Self-Assembly of Phenylalanine Oligopeptides: Insights from Experiments and Simulations. Biophysical Journal. volum 96 (12).
- (2008) Physical and Chemical Modifications of Collagen Gels: Impact on Diffusion. Biopolymers. volum 89 (2).
- (2007) A new tool for the analysis of X-ray fibre diffraction patterns and diffraction simulation from atomic structural models. Journal of Applied Crystallography. volum 40 (5).
- (2007) Evidence for egg-box-compatible interactions in calcium-alginate gels from fiber X-ray diffraction. Biomacromolecules. volum 8.
- (2006) Costs and benefits of processivity in enzymatic degradation of recalcitrant polysaccharides. Proceedings of the National Academy of Science of the United States of America. volum 103 (48).